BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Carls Jr. Police Shooting

Might be a repost. Police are so stupid sometimes.

E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,000
iTrader: (2)

I never liked cops, never will..
I really dont see why they couldnt have just tasered him..and wtf why pump him with your whole clip, Im sure one to the leg would have done the trick
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
I never liked cops, never will..
I really dont see why they couldnt have just tasered him..and wtf why pump him with your whole clip, Im sure one to the leg would have done the trick
I.... don't think he's getting back up. In this particular case... I don't think the police were all that stupid. I think the guy who is now in the morgue is pretty stupid for attempting to swing (what ever that was in his hand) at an officer with a gun drawn on him.. I don't value that persons life in any way..

Lol... one to the leg. This isn't a movie.. this is real life. Grow up and stop doing dumb shit that's against the law and you will find your opinion of cops will change with time...
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I.... don't think he's getting back up. In this particular case... I don't think the police were all that stupid. I think the guy who is now in the morgue is pretty stupid for attempting to swing (what ever that was in his hand) at an officer with a gun drawn on him.. I don't value that persons life in any way..

Lol... one to the leg. This isn't a movie.. this is real life. Grow up and stop doing dumb shit that's against the law and you will find your opinion of cops will change with time...

This
lopealle is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,000
iTrader: (2)

The first cop put his gun away when he saw that all this kid had was some wooden hammer, there was no need to kill the guy.
They shot him 10 times and then they go to check on him..
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
RedBarron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Whorelando, FL

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Sorry, the cops where not being stupid. The guy looked as if he has a sledge hammer and and not complying and kept walking after multiple request to stop them lunged at the cop. As I deciphered the video the one cop was going for a tazer and at that time suspect lunged at that cop and his partner shot him. I would have shot him also. As the saying goes, "Play stupid games win stupid prizes"
__________________

Current: Porsche Cayman S
RedBarron is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

am i the only one that's mad simply because the tards filming in the car didn't at least roll the windows down?
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
JonnyM3
Lieutenant
 
JonnyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: Moderately Quick
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 497
iTrader: (1)

That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
JonnyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Beemw335
Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

Posts: 2,000
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
Exactly
Beemw335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA

Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
am i the only one that's mad simply because the tards filming in the car didn't at least roll the windows down?
I was thinking the same thing
lopealle is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Exactly
I am willing to bet both of you are under the age of 30, aren't in Law enforcement or have someone in your family/friends that is.. and most of all have never extensively fired a weapon.

I repeat for the incredibly ignorant. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING MOVIE. THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU DO NOT RISK AIMING FOR SOMEONES EXTREMITIES WHEN SOMEONE IS OBVIOUSLY UNSTABLE. NOT EVERYONE IS BRUCE WILLIS OR MEL GIBSON...

K?
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
RedBarron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche Cayman S
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Whorelando, FL

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
I am not sure how much you have shot guns but, or what guns the cops are carrying but I have a 40 cal sub compact Glock. It is very very hard to be that accurate with a handgun. Under a stressful situation like that I would give a very low probability of my self shooting some one in the leg from 20 feet in a split second, I would aim for their body mass and shot a few times.
__________________

Current: Porsche Cayman S
RedBarron is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
i'm sorry, but the old adage never fail....play stupid games, win stupid prizes. this guy wants to go around bashing in windows, threatening innocent bystanders, and bowing up to cops with a crowbar, he get exactly what he had coming. besides, cops aren't trained to shoot to maim. if they deem it necessary to use DEADLY force, that's exactly what they do. i saw nothing in the video that suggests the cop acted out of line. if i was a cop and some crazy guy was coming at me with any sort of blunt object with the intent to do harm, i probably would have unloaded on him, too. there are too many intangibles if you were to use less lethal weapons on him. who's to say a tazer would have stopped him from swinging? pepper spray only made him more angry.

edit: oh he did get tazered! didn't stop him at all. he won the ultimate stupid prize for sure.
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Please revisit 0:44 into the video... Now, imagine that is your family member that is about to get hit with that weapon by this guy... and then tell me what should have been done... By the way, this asshole got tasered in the face and ripped them out and kept going.
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
JonnyM3
Lieutenant
 
JonnyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: Moderately Quick
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 497
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I am willing to bet both of you are under the age of 30, aren't in Law enforcement or have someone in your family/friends that is.. and most of all have never extensively fired a weapon.

I repeat for the incredibly ignorant. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING MOVIE. THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU DO NOT RISK AIMING FOR SOMEONES EXTREMITIES WHEN SOMEONE IS OBVIOUSLY UNSTABLE. NOT EVERYONE IS BRUCE WILLIS OR MEL GIBSON...

K?
Ya I'm under 30 and I have more sense than both these retards filmed in this video. I have a few friends in the NYPD and one friend who just got home from his second tour in Iraq. A little ass hammer isn't life threatening when the guy isn't even within swinging distance yet, from what I can see. I respect most cops and most of the time I side with them, but this video displays pure stupidity. There was enough time and man power to approach the situation differently. Are you that ignorant that you dont see that? This isn't a movie so if you fuck with a cop you die. Damn right this isn't a fucking movie and this cop should have his badge taken away as its clear by him emptying his clip into a human who is clearly on the floor, he was just trigger hungry. The guy was holding a hammer...if you think that many shots are required to subdue him then you're just as sick as that cop.
JonnyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
E90SoFlo
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

I think personally they could have used a taser or rubber bullets on this guy, I don't feel the cops were in "life or death" situation. Yes the guy could have hit them with the club/pipe thing, but they could have moved out of the way of him.

And you can easily hit someone specifically in the leg at 10-15 feet with a pistol, these are "cops" that have to train with these weapons. Come on.
E90SoFlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Name:  this_thread.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  60.2 KB
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I think personally they could have used a taser or rubber bullets on this guy, I don't feel the cops were in "life or death" situation. Yes the guy could have hit them with the club/pipe thing, but they could have moved out of the way of him.
he was tazered at 0:37. he ripped the barbs out, then lunged at the cop. tazer was ineffective, other cop acted appropriately in defense.
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
JonnyM3
Lieutenant
 
JonnyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: Moderately Quick
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 497
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
I am not sure how much you have shot guns but, or what guns the cops are carrying but I have a 40 cal sub compact Glock. It is very very hard to be that accurate with a handgun. Under a stressful situation like that I would give a very low probability of my self shooting some one in the leg from 20 feet in a split second, I would aim for their body mass and shot a few times.
Split second? The guy wasn't running at the point the shots were fired, he wasn't lunging, he wasn't airborne. He was walking and cocked his hand back to swing plenty of time for a trained officer of the law who is standing five feet away to fire 3 shots at his arms, shoulders or legs and hit one. Not saying the guy didn't deserve some sort of reprocussion for his action, but a death sentance, IMO, wasn't justified from what I saw. Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me.
JonnyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
Ya I'm under 30 and I have more sense than both these retards filmed in this video. I have a few friends in the NYPD and one friend who just got home from his second tour in Iraq. A little ass hammer isn't life threatening when the guy isn't even within swinging distance yet, from what I can see. I respect most cops and most of the time I side with them, but this video displays pure stupidity. There was enough time and man power to approach the situation differently. Are you that ignorant that you dont see that? This isn't a movie so if you fuck with a cop you die. Damn right this isn't a fucking movie and this cop should have his badge taken away as its clear by him emptying his clip into a human who is clearly on the floor, he was just trigger hungry. The guy was holding a hammer...if you think that many shots are required to subdue him then you're just as sick as that cop.
Yep, I am done. You are completely disconnected from reality. You still think life is a movie. He is swinging a weapon at a police officer. They already tried using non-lethal means to subdue him and it only made him angry. What you are saying is they should "attempt" to tackle him or find some other way to control an obviously crazy person that is prepared to swing a weapon at a police officer. You pull a weapon or brandish a weapon at a police officer and ignore commands to drop the weapon, YOU GET SHOT. That's it... end of story. You don't shoot him once and hope that does the trick.. you fire and continue firing.. Show this video to your friends in the NYPD or your friend that just returned from his tours and they will say the EXACT SAME THING I am saying to you.

First lesson you are taught when you learn about fire arms is NEVER POINT THE GUN AT SOMETHING YOU DON'T INTEND TO KILL....
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
AU335i
Captain
 
AU335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, AL

Posts: 884
iTrader: (3)

did yall watch the video? the guy took a tazer straight to the face, pulled it out, kept walking... meth is a crazy drug... but yeah I agree, 9-tapping the guy to make sure was a bit excessive... the minute he turned from the cops should have been enough... the extra 4-5 to his back was definitely excessive in my opinion...
AU335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

If this would have been a Hardee's, shit would have went down different.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST