BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Let me know what you think

I am using the Canon 60D with the Kit lense...this is my first time shooting with a DSLR and first time editing...the photos were shot in JPEG not RAW, but i have recently switched the camera to RAW and looking forward to editing those...well enough said onto the pictures

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.


Thanks for looking!!
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
ryan970
Major
 
ryan970's Avatar
 
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,303
iTrader: (0)

pics look great.
__________________
08 TIAG 328i
13 DGM 550 x drive
ryan970 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan970 View Post
pics look great.
thank you
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

easy on the saturation, killer.
oneintheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

can easily tell you were shooting RAW

you definitely have potential. JPEG is holding you back lots though, so i'll reserve more judgement for after i see the RAW conversions when you start shooting it.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
easy on the saturation, killer.
haha yeah i did go a little over board on the sat lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
can easily tell you were shooting RAW

you definitely have potential. JPEG is holding you back lots though, so i'll reserve more judgement for after i see the RAW conversions when you start shooting it.
thanks, i cant wait to get out there and shoot in raw
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Weebl
Weebl wobbles but eats Pie
 
Drives: 2008 335i, 2000 740i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,508
iTrader: (0)

From #3 on composition looks good, foreground objects good and nothing obnoxious growing from the subject.
The first two are pretty ordinary. Enjoy the RAW and right now you may be able to get a beta LR3 to try out.
__________________
Kevingoto.smugmug.com
2000 740i-Annalisa and 2008 335i-Weebl. Weebl may wobble but has DTC
Weebl is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebl View Post
From #3 on composition looks good, foreground objects good and nothing obnoxious growing from the subject.
The first two are pretty ordinary. Enjoy the RAW and right now you may be able to get a beta LR3 to try out.
thanks Weebl, yeah i cant wait to finally shoot in RAW i heard its so much better for post processing... whats LR3 and where can i find that???

is there any good books that i can get to read, for different shots? and explains ISO, aperture settings and everything better??? cause im VERY new at this lol those are my first shots and editing with a DSLR camera
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
thanks Weebl, yeah i cant wait to finally shoot in RAW i heard its so much better for post processing... whats LR3 and where can i find that???

is there any good books that i can get to read, for different shots? and explains ISO, aperture settings and everything better??? cause im VERY new at this lol those are my first shots and editing with a DSLR camera
He meant light room 4 beta, 3.7 is the most current version (that i know of anyhow with the exception of the beta)

a good starting point is actually here in these forums, check under snapshot of the day, there is a thread that's called "beginners crash course..."

in there you will find some books listed by forum members as well as some other info regarding the very things you are asking about.

otherwise, if you see people post pictures you like in picture of the day or other, don't be afraid to ask what settings people are using and what gear, we all like to help and learn ourselves.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #10
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
He meant light room 4 beta, 3.7 is the most current version (that i know of anyhow with the exception of the beta)

a good starting point is actually here in these forums, check under snapshot of the day, there is a thread that's called "beginners crash course..."

in there you will find some books listed by forum members as well as some other info regarding the very things you are asking about.

otherwise, if you see people post pictures you like in picture of the day or other, don't be afraid to ask what settings people are using and what gear, we all like to help and learn ourselves.
ahh gotcha...the one i got the trial version DxO7 (free) hated it lol...

yeah i look at snap shot of the day all the time, ill have to check out the beginners crash course...ive been youtubing a lot with tutorials on there helps out a lot.
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

DxO is a little more user friendly then light room (at least DxO6 was) however, lightroom does tend to be a little better at processing, and has a few more tricks, but DxO has a few different tricks. Optimally, if you have both, you're not in a bad position.

They all come with a learning curve, and whichever one you feel most comfortable with, is likely the one you'll stick to.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #12
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
DxO is a little more user friendly then light room (at least DxO6 was) however, lightroom does tend to be a little better at processing, and has a few more tricks, but DxO has a few different tricks. Optimally, if you have both, you're not in a bad position.

They all come with a learning curve, and whichever one you feel most comfortable with, is likely the one you'll stick to.
gotcha gotcha, ill have to check out light room and see how that one does for me
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 25,947
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebl View Post
From #3 on composition looks good, foreground objects good and nothing obnoxious growing from the subject.
The first two are pretty ordinary. Enjoy the RAW and right now you may be able to get a beta LR3 to try out.
Indeed.

Very nice pics.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
Weebl
Weebl wobbles but eats Pie
 
Drives: 2008 335i, 2000 740i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,508
iTrader: (0)

Read forums- POTN for a start, pretty much dedicated to Canon stuff.
Understand the basics of your settings for aperture,ISO,speed and F stop. Most of all compose your pictures well, if you look at your shots above nothing is distracting or pulling you off of your subject. Nicely done.
They are very saturated though, more so on the lighthouse. The others I could buy off on as artistic saturation.

Post photos and get critiqued also.
__________________
Kevingoto.smugmug.com
2000 740i-Annalisa and 2008 335i-Weebl. Weebl may wobble but has DTC
Weebl is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
EngineCo52
Major
 
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Havre de Grace, MD

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebl View Post
Read forums- POTN for a start, pretty much dedicated to Canon stuff.
Understand the basics of your settings for aperture,ISO,speed and F stop. Most of all compose your pictures well, if you look at your shots above nothing is distracting or pulling you off of your subject. Nicely done.
They are very saturated though, more so on the lighthouse. The others I could buy off on as artistic saturation.

Post photos and get critiqued also.
Thanks for the help Weebl!!
__________________
E92 328xi Mods-KW V1-BMW Performance Exhaust-Matte Black Grill-CF Mirror Covers-CF B-Pillars-20% Tint-Coming soon:AG M310's, M3 Rep Front, Black Roof, Vinyl Window Trim

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
EngineCo52 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST