BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,354
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

ditto buddy
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
corrado79
Second Lieutenant
corrado79's Avatar
6
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I'm just glad you and Ryan are back so he can process my order! LOL.
__________________
2012 BMW E93 M3 | Mineral White | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #25
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,354
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

hahah sorry for the slight delay he is back and grinding away as usual
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #26
DylanMckay
Banned
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: armpit of the USA

iTrader: (0)

I always find this confusing. Why don't each of you (ryan and the other guy who uses this handle) just make two different usernames and both post their own stuff? Why post under the same name?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #27
piloto
Captain
10
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMckay View Post
I always find this confusing. Why don't each of you (ryan and the other guy who uses this handle) just make two different usernames and both post their own stuff? Why post under the same name?
That's because Ryan and Jimmy are in fact the same person.
























Of course I'm joking, and I have no idea what you're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #28
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,354
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

Ryan doesn't post only I do. . Ryan is our Sales Manager that's why his info is in my signature.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #29
DylanMckay
Banned
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: armpit of the USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Ryan doesn't post only I do. . Ryan is our Sales Manager that's why his info is in my signature.
Ah got ya. So what are you?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #30
vdude
Private First Class
vdude's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
114
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, e46 M3, E36 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LA

iTrader: (6)

Thanks for sharing Golffrr. Another thing to add to my bucket list!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
Ali@BMWMt.laurel
Colonel
Ali@BMWMt.laurel's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Congrats to Ryan for winning the Power of M contest.
__________________
BMW of Mount Laurel - ///M Certified Client Advisor
Send Me a Message Regarding Your Next BMW!
www.BMWofMtLaurel.com
We are an M-Certified and DINAN Certified Dealer
NJ Motorsports Park Affiliated!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #32
slalomfever
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
slalomfever's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,335
Posts


 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (4)

nice write up...we had our chance in October 2011 to do this. Had an absolute blast. Frederick Valdez - one of the BMW trainers kicked butt. He was only 1 sec slower than the pro drivers. We also had the priviledge of being taught by Bill Auberlain during the 1M slalom course. Fortunately, I won the wet course competition

Would love to go back for the M5 training.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

this is very cool...I booked M school in march and can't wait. it would be awesome if we civilians could do something like this dealer training thing
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #34
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
PhillyNate's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Toyota GT-86
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I thank the OP of this thread the most for the video illustrating the difference between exhausts of the M3's. One with the M Performance Exhaust and one with the stock exhaust. I knew the stock sounded good from outside the car but I had no idea it sounded that good at WOT. After hearing that there is no longer an urgency to upgrade IMO. The M Performance did sound better but not $3k better.
__________________

"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson
2014 Whiteout Toyota GT-86 6mt(Presently enjoying WAY more than anticipated)
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
tigerdr
New Member
0
Rep
23
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90, SSII, ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

I live about 2 hours from the Performance Center (maybe only good reason to live in SC) and have done PCD, M School and Advanced M school at Virginia International Raceway and Carolina Motorsports Park. No other track time besides BMW schools so nothing to compare it to.
PCD is fun because you are getting your own car and the factory tour but not much track time relative to the others.
M School is great because of all the track time in M cars but track at PC a little small. It is a prerequisite for the advanced school
Advanced M school at VIR is the best and would rec to anyone. 3.2 mile track is awesome and we constantly reached 140+ mph in M6 and M3 doing lead follow laps. I am no videographer but this is the video from VIR.

One year ago today we we put on a corporate event at CMP.

Should give a little comparison to the PC.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #36
Rich@GTBPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,410
Posts


 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Great photos and videos, thanks for posting!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #37
ObviousMan
Enlisted Member
ObviousMan's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a 2 day M School last March. It really was as good as the videos and reports say! Day two of my school, when we were doing full track lapping sessions in the M3 and M5, was non-stop medium to heavy rain. I was truly amazed just how hard the cars can be driven in conditions like that. That experience gives me a huge amount of confidence in my M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #38
Pauldramos
Pauldramos's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
427
Posts

 
Drives: Dinan '11 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Solvang, CA

iTrader: (1)

What a great experience!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #39
z4ps
Lieutenant
z4ps's Avatar
5
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: F32 M4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (13)

I was there 17-18th.

Was able to do 23.01 on 1M.

Good times.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #40
MDSKIER
Second Lieutenant
MDSKIER's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: 12' M3 E92
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

It is a great experience, glad you enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #41
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,354
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdude View Post
Thanks for sharing Golffrr. Another thing to add to my bucket list!!!
Def, I want to attend the 3 day school next, they even have a golf and driving package. Can it get any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfiend View Post
Congrats to Ryan for winning the Power of M contest.
Thanks to all of the forum for helping him achieve that!! He really appreciates all the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
nice write up...we had our chance in October 2011 to do this. Had an absolute blast. Frederick Valdez - one of the BMW trainers kicked butt. He was only 1 sec slower than the pro drivers. We also had the priviledge of being taught by Bill Auberlain during the 1M slalom course. Fortunately, I won the wet course competition

Would love to go back for the M5 training.
Frederick I heard was a beast on the track. They didn't let him run this go around. Said he was to good lol. Bill A thats sick! I would love to have had a couple more tips on the slalom course before I went.

I did pretty bad in the wet course o well I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
this is very cool...I booked M school in march and can't wait. it would be awesome if we civilians could do something like this dealer training thing
Trust me you will have the time of your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I thank the OP of this thread the most for the video illustrating the difference between exhausts of the M3's. One with the M Performance Exhaust and one with the stock exhaust. I knew the stock sounded good from outside the car but I had no idea it sounded that good at WOT. After hearing that there is no longer an urgency to upgrade IMO. The M Performance did sound better but not $3k better.
Both stock and Perf Exhaust sounds awesome under WOT. especially at 135+ MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
I live about 2 hours from the Performance Center (maybe only good reason to live in SC) and have done PCD, M School and Advanced M school at Virginia International Raceway and Carolina Motorsports Park. No other track time besides BMW schools so nothing to compare it to.
PCD is fun because you are getting your own car and the factory tour but not much track time relative to the others.
M School is great because of all the track time in M cars but track at PC a little small. It is a prerequisite for the advanced school
Advanced M school at VIR is the best and would rec to anyone. 3.2 mile track is awesome and we constantly reached 140+ mph in M6 and M3 doing lead follow laps. I am no videographer but this is the video from VIR.

One year ago today we we put on a corporate event at CMP.

Should give a little comparison to the PC.
I would be down there all the time if I lived there! I actually was really impressed with SC. Very nice place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Great photos and videos, thanks for posting!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousMan View Post
I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a 2 day M School last March. It really was as good as the videos and reports say! Day two of my school, when we were doing full track lapping sessions in the M3 and M5, was non-stop medium to heavy rain. I was truly amazed just how hard the cars can be driven in conditions like that. That experience gives me a huge amount of confidence in my M3.
Thats funny you say that. When we first got out there and headed out on the high speed track there was some left over rain on the track from the morning and previous nights rain fall. The cars didn't break what so ever. the traction was not an issue whatsoever! Def put a lot more confidence in my car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldramos View Post
What a great experience!


Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ps View Post
I was there 17-18th.

Was able to do 23.01 on 1M.

Good times.

its amazing how well those 1M's handled on that track wasn't it? I was very very impressed. great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSKIER View Post
It is a great experience, glad you enjoyed it.
Thank you

PS: Guys/Gals feel free to post up your vids and pics of when you went to performance center as well. I want everyone who hasn't experience the facility to see just what they are missing and maybe they can get out there soon and enjoy it as well!!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #42
MR.Slick1029
Private First Class
MR.Slick1029's Avatar
2
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: Coming soon
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Murray :)

iTrader: (0)

Good stuff. Got off the phone with Qwinn a few hours ago.Now that Ryan is back, Looks like iam going to have a white winter
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
122
Rep
4,758
Posts

 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
^^I really want to do the M School I think that would be epic! Its on my list of things to do next
Make sure you do the 2day!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #44
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
275
Rep
17,354
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

^^ They have a 2 day school with Golf I think that has my name all over it
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST