BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

01-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
ericdad
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep

Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Smile Hi, new member here from NZ with question about aftermarket wheel

Hi, nice to meet you all. Mt name is Richard and live in Auckland, New Zealand. Currently, we drive E63AMG, ML63AMG & LEXUS RX450H. We used to have R35GTR (traded into LEXUS as I was getting too many tickets), E60 M5 (traded to 750i then felt too bored so traded to E63AMG to list a few. Currently, we have F10 M5 & E93 M3 on order and was advised that they are due for February build.

I have never had any experience upgrading wheels to aftermarket wheels but I am very interested in upgrading the wheels for the M3 with set of 19" BBS LM-R. The M3 is ordered with 19" wheel option from the factory so I just want to take the tires out from the factory 19" heels and pop them into the new LM-R. As I am not big on aftermarket modification, the less I can do to get away the better.

These are the specs of the wheel which I believe you all know very well:

Front

Size: 19x8.5
Offset: 32mm
Backspacing: 6.06"
Bolt Pattern: 5-120
Rec. Tire Size: 245/35-19
Weight: 23.2lbs.
Finish: Diamond Black w/Mach Lip
Construction: 2pc. Fully Forged
Finish Warranty: 2 Years
Manufactured in Japan
Rear

Size: 19x9.5
Offset: 25mm
Backspacing: 6.25"
Bolt Pattern: 5-120
Rec. Tire Size: 265/35-19
Weight: 23.8lbs.
Finish: Diamond Black w/Mach Lip
Construction: 2pc. Fully Forged
Finish Warranty: 2 Years
Manufactured in Japan

My questions are:
1. Where would be the best place to purchase this for oversea delivery to NZ? In the past, I have used Tirerack.com to purchase my tires and have them shipped to NZ via FedEx at very reasonable shipping cost of $300-$400 USD for 4 qty 19" tires. So, I was thinking of them but I would like to ask your expert advise to confirm.
2. All this talk about Spacers make me scared. As I will be importing the wheels and bring to the workshop to have them installed (and they won't be so happy about it as they will only make money for the installation not the parts), I want to be 100% prepared with all the parts I will need. What kind of Spacers do I need for LM-R on E93 M3? I don't want to deal with any wheel rubbing and etc.
3. Also, with the spacers, will I need longer bolts? If so, what happens to BMW Wheel Lock Rug Nut that are supplied with the car?
4. I also read somewhere that once you install the spacers, it is very hard to remove them. Is this true? Is there any special spacers that can avoid this issue?
5. Will I need to do any kind of adjustment to the car including wheel alignment once I put the new wheels?
6. What else would I have to be aware of regarding the wheel upgrade?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Last edited by ericdad; 01-19-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Appreciate 0