BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
samchoi604
Colonel
28
Rep
2,320
Posts

 
Drives: black on black
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burnaby, BC

iTrader: (3)

you need a sandwich maker because sandwiches don't make themselves, aka gf
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
117
Rep
9,259
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.

iTrader: (1)

Every week I take $80 out of the bank and keep it in my locker at work to budget for food. And that's eating SMART in the city. Because breakfast could EASILY be $8 a day and lunch would be $10-$12 a day...
__________________
Boopie*Motorwerks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #25
stimpy
Colonel
38
Rep
2,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ

iTrader: (7)

Work from home so I don't spend much - supplement shake or a sandwich and some fruit or soup.

Went to sushi for lunch the other day which cost me 50 bucks though
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
86
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Every week I take $80 out of the bank and keep it in my locker at work to budget for food. And that's eating SMART in the city. Because breakfast could EASILY be $8 a day and lunch would be $10-$12 a day...
so what type of lunches are you getting in NY? Over here in LA a simple little chicken and rice bowl with a drink at a hole in the wall spot is around $8.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
3,400
Posts

 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
u wanna save money? Get yourself some bread, some peanut butter, some jelly/honey..and some tea bags for drinking..

I'd tell u $50 is no big deal but hey that's like $2500 a year--might be cutting into your mod/etc. budget.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #28
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

I did a cost vs make my own analysis on this before and it was very close. I probably spent around $40 a week or about $7.50 a day on lunch when I bought. I think i broke even because I made very hearty, large sandwiches every day even when I made them. You figure $2 for bread, $10 for meat, $5 for cheese, another $6 for tomatoes, lettuce. Another $5 a week on Chips and another $5 a week on drinks. That comes out to $33; I only gained $7 a week when making my own; yet the amount of work that went into it was a pain in the ass.

Perhaps look into Subway; they have a $3.99 daily combo special now.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
2,336
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
i go out everyday... average about $20 each. so you are not that bad
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #30
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
infinitekid2002's Avatar
United_States
52
Rep
3,400
Posts

 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
I did a cost vs make my own analysis on this before and it was very close. I probably spent around $40 a week or about $7.50 a day on lunch when I bought. I think i broke even because I made very hearty, large sandwiches every day even when I made them. You figure $2 for bread, $10 for meat, $5 for cheese, another $6 for tomatoes, lettuce. Another $5 a week on Chips and another $5 a week on drinks. That comes out to $33; I only gained $7 a week when making my own; yet the amount of work that went into it was a pain in the ass.

Perhaps look into Subway; they have a $3.99 daily combo special now.
yeah ur prolly right; especially if you need meats and whatnot
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #31
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

lol a decent power lunch can easily run $50 alone.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #32
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

I spend between 7-8 dollars for lunch a day. Nothing fancy, just your typical combo meal or sandwich and a drink.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #33
Q4P
Colonel
Q4P's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
yeah ur prolly right; especially if you need meats and whatnot
yeah, you gotta have your meats.

If you think about it, you can definitely eat cereal and PB&J sandwiches all the time but after a while; how healthy will that be plus it will make you weak as anything.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #34
darkcloud
Colonel
darkcloud's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
2,387
Posts

 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
My wife started making me pack as a new years resolution. I'd spend between $4-10/day depending on where I went. She packs every day and may end up working from home soon so that's how I justified my spending.

I also have another issue. I work out of my car. I spend limited time in the office. Packing for me keeps my options slim. I also don't love cold food or by the time lunch rolls around mildy warm lunch.

We'll see how long it lasts. The eating healthier side of it is a plus. Savings to me is probably minimal. I don't mod, play too much golf or have many expensive hobbies. I like my lunch haha
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #35
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
86
Rep
266
Posts

 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
I did a cost vs make my own analysis on this before and it was very close. I probably spent around $40 a week or about $7.50 a day on lunch when I bought. I think i broke even because I made very hearty, large sandwiches every day even when I made them. You figure $2 for bread, $10 for meat, $5 for cheese, another $6 for tomatoes, lettuce. Another $5 a week on Chips and another $5 a week on drinks. That comes out to $33; I only gained $7 a week when making my own; yet the amount of work that went into it was a pain in the ass.

Perhaps look into Subway; they have a $3.99 daily combo special now.
When you put it like that, it makes since to keep eating out. I guess the only difference is nutritional value depending on where you eat out. I do subway, quiznos, chick filet, chipotle, jack, BK, chinese food, asian bbq, carls, couple to go restaurants, etc... repeat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverII View Post
i go out everyday... average about $20 each. so you are not that bad
$100 a week huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
My wife started making me pack as a new years resolution. I'd spend between $4-10/day depending on where I went. She packs every day and may end up working from home soon so that's how I justified my spending.

I also have another issue. I work out of my car. I spend limited time in the office. Packing for me keeps my options slim. I also don't love cold food or by the time lunch rolls around mildy warm lunch.

We'll see how long it lasts. The eating healthier side of it is a plus. Savings to me is probably minimal. I don't mod, play too much golf or have many expensive hobbies. I like my lunch haha
I tried this and it lasted two weeks! lol GL.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #36
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28
Rep
1,692
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

iTrader: (2)

I spend about 40-50 bucks a week on lunch, so its not too bad I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #37
slo_guy
Lieutenant
slo_guy's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
401
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (3)

We have a cafeteria and $15 a day to spend. Anything more than the 15 we have to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #38
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
Oregano123's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
174
Posts

 
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Oregano123
lol at this thread.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #39
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

I live on 20 pounds a week usually...its not pretty sometimes
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
Sara504
Banned
United_States
353
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

SpaghettiO's .98cents
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #41
Sara504
Banned
United_States
353
Rep
17,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I live on 20 pounds a week usually...its not pretty sometimes
I read that as lbs lol.. I was about to say holy shit but then I realized you're across the pond.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #42
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I read that as lbs lol.. I was about to say holy shit but then I realized you're across the pond.
Eating 20 lbs of food a week wouldnt be a pretty sight either.


I make most of my stuff though, thats breakfast and lunch actually. Make an egg sandwich in the morning for breakfast or cereal, ham or turkey, or roast beef club for lunch...depends on the meat thats on sale this week lol



I live poor so I can play rich
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
MARIO K
Brigadier General
MARIO K's Avatar
Lebanon
66
Rep
3,412
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (8)

I'm a 18 year old college student that's sick of ramen and can't cook for shit.. My nearest source of family and home cooked food live 10,000 miles away.. 50 bucks a week can't even get me a McDonald's meal everyday, all I can say is you got it easy
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #44
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
I'm a 18 year old college student that's sick of ramen and can't cook for shit.. My nearest source of family and home cooked food live 10,000 miles away.. 50 bucks a week can't even get me a McDonald's meal everyday, all I can say is you got it easy
So? Im 20, and am currently 5,000 miles away from the nearest home cooked meal. Without any meal assistance. You learn to cook or you eat shitty food.

Its Darwin in action man. Adapt to your new surroundings. Start small. Scrambled eggs, soup on the stove. You work your way up to harder things.

And common you have a car, go to store and pick up some cold cuts and make yourself a sammich lol.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST