BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #727
Casem1
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 2006 E46 ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

2008 E90 M3, 42k miles.

Premium package, moonroof, 220M 19" wheels.

Jerez Black with Silver interior.

Purchased 12/29/2011, $36k

Car is clean inside and out, not even a scratch on the wheels.

Very happy!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #728
Bunyfofu69
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego

iTrader: (2)

Saw a 2008 Coupe prem and tech package with 34k miles. Clean in and out from carmax @ 42k...deal or no deal?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #729
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
330
Posts

 
Drives: E92 187outx3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnsblvd View Post
Good deal for an 09. I assume no accidents, etc. in the car's history?
very clean car, no issues
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #730
VitaminT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
298
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M Roadster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyfofu69 View Post
Saw a 2008 Coupe prem and tech package with 34k miles. Clean in and out from carmax @ 42k...deal or no deal?
I haven't been watching he market as closely the last month or so but seems a tad high. My experience is that nine times out of ten, CarMax will be high. From what I can tell they usually charge pretty close to full retail and don't discount any. This may be only my experience but unless I was looking for the "no pressure" easy going buying experience I think better deals can be had elsewhere. That being said, they seem to stay in buisiness somehow.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #731
Bunyfofu69
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego

iTrader: (2)

Really? I've always seen carmax put up retail pricing sure.

But I haven't been able to find a sub 40k coupe with tech with 30 k miles.
After searching southern california this car is priced lower than 80% of the market.

And surprising that it's from carmax! Lol since they are always high.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #732
hammick
Private First Class
1
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: '11 335d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (0)

I paid 46,800 for my '08 M3 in June of 2010. It was a 6mt with all options except PDC. It had 2k miles and was driven by one of the managers of the dealership. Technically it was a demo.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #733
jtuds
Major
Canada
28
Rep
1,064
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casem1 View Post
2008 E90 M3, 42k miles.

Premium package, moonroof, 220M 19" wheels.

Jerez Black with Silver interior.

Purchased 12/29/2011, $36k

Car is clean inside and out, not even a scratch on the wheels.

Very happy!
I see you got a pretty great deal on your car. Did you buy it in NH?

I am thinking of importing one to Canada and would need to find a price close to what you paid in order to save a decent amount (we have to pay a lot of fees to import the car).

Just wondering where I should be looking to find a deal....Michigan dealers, which are closer to me, aren't offering prices near 36K..more like 44 or 45.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #734
jtuds
Major
Canada
28
Rep
1,064
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Anyone wanna take a look at this puppy and tell me what you think a fair offer would be?

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/13007_2008_BMW_M3

And while you're there, take a look at the cars this guy sells, his collection is sick!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #735
Casem1
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 2006 E46 ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
I see you got a pretty great deal on your car. Did you buy it in NH?

I am thinking of importing one to Canada and would need to find a price close to what you paid in order to save a decent amount (we have to pay a lot of fees to import the car).

Just wondering where I should be looking to find a deal....Michigan dealers, which are closer to me, aren't offering prices near 36K..more like 44 or 45.
No, this was not in NH. I had to go to Atlanta to pick it up. I think that is half the fun, but i have made several trips across the US. There was one in Florida as well that was similarly optioned and priced, but it is gone now. Christmas is always a good time to buy

Actually, one of my trips occurred because my father bought my C5 Corvette and imported it into New Brunswick. We drove from Houston to Maine, and then the vehicle had to be parked in Maine for 36 hours after he began the process of importing. After that, a quick trip to Canadian Tire finialized the process. One snag that we ran into was that all recalls had to be performed on the car before being exported from the US.

Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help. Canadian car prices are too high and I love to see Canadians buy from the US!!!

Last edited by Casem1; 01-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #736
jtuds
Major
Canada
28
Rep
1,064
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casem1 View Post
No, this was not in NH. I had to go to Atlanta to pick it up. I think that is half the fun, but i have made several trips across the US. There was one in Florida as well that was similarly optioned and priced, but it is gone now. Christmas is always a good time to buy

Actually, one of my trips occurred because my father bought my C5 Corvette and imported it into New Brunswick. We drove from Houston to Maine, and then the vehicle had to be parked in Maine for 36 hours after he began the process of importing. After that, a quick trip to Canadian Tire finialized the process. One snag that we ran into was that all recalls had to be performed on the car before being exported from the US.

Anyway, let me know if I can be of any help. Canadian car prices are too high and I love to see Canadians buy from the US!!!
Ya I think it's just patience and willingness to travel. I spoke to a guy who bought a S6 in Vegas and drove it home...pretty cool trip.

Importing a BMW requires a 6.1% tariff at the border, plus a $100 fee, then provincial tax when you register it in Canada. Then it needs an emissions test and safety. So the % you pay in fees can get up there, which means I need to find a deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #737
VitaminT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
298
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M Roadster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Anyone wanna take a look at this puppy and tell me what you think a fair offer would be?

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/13007_2008_BMW_M3

And while you're there, take a look at the cars this guy sells, his collection is sick!
Is that canadian $? If not it looks extremely high to me for a pretty low optioned car. Looks like it probably has the premium pack and thats about it. It is very low miles, but I am thinking about $38-40k us
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #738
jtuds
Major
Canada
28
Rep
1,064
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 1.5-2 hrs west of Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminT View Post
Is that canadian $? If not it looks extremely high to me for a pretty low optioned car. Looks like it probably has the premium pack and thats about it. It is very low miles, but I am thinking about $38-40k us
Yeah that's Canadian dollars. Still high. I imagine he figures he will entice smoeone because of the low mileage. If it doesn't have Sirius then I wouldn't be interested anyway. I was thinking of going in at 40K because I think that the provincial sales tax will be 13%, plus all the BS used card fees they tack on.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #739
Chamberlin
Second Lieutenant
Chamberlin's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
231
Posts

 
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (2)

2008 M3 coupe CF roof
24,500 miles
6 speed
premium
cold weather
technology
2011 competition package wheels
$40K
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #740
jrz1
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Weddington, NC

iTrader: (0)

When purchased: 1/10/11
Year and Model: 2011 M3 Coupe
Miles: 6,500
Options:

Interlagos Blue - $550
Competition Pkg - $2,500
Convenience Pkg - $2,900
Cold Weather - $750
Premium 2 - $2500
DCT - $2,900
Sat Radio - $350
Enhanced Prem Sound - $1,900
Sunroof (NC)

Total MSRP - $75,425

Transmission: DCT


Car is in like new shape. One 1" scratch on edge of one wheel but other than that, mint. Warranty until 7/15. Only thing I would change would be deletion of sunnroof for carbon fiber roof.

Paid $57,900

(also had to have it shipped 750 mi which was another $500 +/-)

Last edited by jrz1; 01-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #741
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

When purchased: 12/28/11
Year and Model: 2011 M3 Coupe - Alpine White
Miles: 4,303
Options: MT, CF Roof, Comp Pkg, Cold Weather..

Car also came with OEM BMW CF splitters, CF Mirrors, black kidney grills and body colored front marker light covers

Paid $54,500 (also had to have it shipped $700)

I think I gotta good deal with 3 full yrs of warranty left..

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  48.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #742
jrz1
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Weddington, NC

iTrader: (0)

Tibra1 - I thought about that car. It's a nice one.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #743
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz1 View Post
Tibra1 - I thought about that car. It's a nice one.
Did you make an offer?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #744
jrz1
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Weddington, NC

iTrader: (0)

No. Decided I wanted a few more options. I prefer the white color though. Looks really sharp especially with the CF roof.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #745
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz1 View Post
No. Decided I wanted a few more options. I prefer the white color though. Looks really sharp especially with the CF roof.
haha I actually liked that it had only comp and cold the whole Idrive in the mid of the dash is not my thing..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #746
jrz1
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Weddington, NC

iTrader: (0)

that's why the world spins....!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #747
esk8mw
Private
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 m3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: midwest

iTrader: (0)

I'm new to my m3 search so apologies in advance if these are stupid questions:

1. I found a 2008 E90 DCT at a non-BMW dealer (trade-in, non-CPO) with just 9000 miles and a price of $42k. The car is lightly optioned (just cold weather pkg and aluminum trim) but that doesn't bother me too much. The carfax is clean, 1 owner, but there's a quirk - the in-service date is 12/2009. Any idea why this could be? I find it hard to believe that a 2008 sat on a lot for this long without being bought. I see the benefit of having basically 2 years/41k miles left on the factory warranty but the dealer did not know why the in-service date was so late. Anything I should be looking out for?

2. Right now the market is flooded with 2008s (I'm guessing because they are coming off leases) but I'd like to get an updated 2009 model. When will the 2009s begin flooding the market and begin drifting towards the current 2008 prices? I'm not in a big rush to buy but was wondering if this would begin happening by Spring, Summer, Fall, etc? I also wouldn't want to buy a 2008 now only to find out that I could have had a substantially similar 2009 for the same price in 2-3 months or whatever.

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #748
m3rock41
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ohio

iTrader: (0)

I'm thinking about buying a 2009 M3 and was looking for some input or comments from the experts here. What is a reasonable price to pay? What is a good deal? This would be my first M3 so I don't have a lot of pricing knowledge.

2009 BMW M3 with 50,800 miles and the following options:
* Technology Pkg
* 7-speed M Double Clutch Transmission
* Premium Pkg
* Carbon Leather Interior Trim

Because this car has over 50k miles I would not be able to buy a BMW extended warranty (as I understand it). I would think the warranty issue alone lowers the price because of the additional risk? I know you can buy 3rd party warranties but there are many horror stories about these companies. The only one I trust is sold by Costco but it is very expensive.

Thank you in advance for the advice!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST