BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

GTB Performance

01-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Send a message via AIM to Saigon Send a message via MSN to Saigon
Thumbs up PS3 Experts: NEED YOUR HELP *NSFW*

Recently I have been trying to play my btjunkie.org movie downloads onto my ps3. Half of the time the videos I play are stopped in the first 20 minutes of movie and the sound is then muted. I did some research and found that if I downloaded a program called "showtime" it would not be an issue to play movies. My question is:
How do I install this properly? I already downloaded the .self file but not too sure what to do with it next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Payment:

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
yakev724
Brigadier General
Russian Federation
Rep

Drives: 00 RX300

Not exactly what you're looking for, but:

The PS3 (+360) has native divx/xvid playback which should cover almost everything non-HD that you download.

The few remaining files (and nearly all HD files) are in .mkv, which neither PS3 or xbox support natively. I recommend using Xilisoft video converter, which has conversion presets for the PS3 which should give you a perfectly watchable file.

I personally use the xbox to stream non-HD files from a shared folder on my laptop, and for HD, I'm on a different TV that's hooked up to a dedicated computer. You should just run an HDMI cable from your TV/receiver to a laptop.
Appreciate 0