BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Nicname
Captain
Nicname's Avatar
Brazil
15
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: '12 M3 E92 JB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (2)

does the 1200 service affect an coding/idrive?

Might be a stupid question but thats why we have forums right?
So I've seen some threads where people have complained about not being able to move then car (stays in neutral) without a seat belt on or if the door is open. I have a 2012 e92 and I can move my car without a seat belt and was wondering if this has been changed or if it depends on the coding of my car since I havent had a service yet? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
!@$^^#%&&(*__@@!!!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Might be a stupid question but thats why we have forums right?
So I've seen some threads where people have complained about not being able to move then car (stays in neutral) without a seat belt on or if the door is open. I have a 2012 e92 and I can move my car without a seat belt and was wondering if this has been changed or if it depends on the coding of my car since I havent had a service yet? Thanks
The seatbelt issue was resolved in ISTA/P 2.45, if you do not experience this - you are either on v43 (unlikely) or v45.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Nicname
Captain
Nicname's Avatar
Brazil
15
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: '12 M3 E92 JB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (2)

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The seatbelt issue was resolved in ISTA/P 2.45, if you do not experience this - you are either on v43 (unlikely) or v45.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The seatbelt issue was resolved in ISTA/P 2.45, if you do not experience this - you are either on v43 (unlikely) or v45.
How do we check the version? My car is a '12, and never had the seatbelt issue, either before the VPC, or afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
How do we check the version? My car is a '12, and never had the seatbelt issue, either before the VPC, or afterwards.
There's no way for an end user to check versions without propriety equipment.

If serviced recently, your SA should have notes as to what version your M3 was updated to.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST