BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #67
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
78

 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI


Posts: 5,541
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I like the metallic/higher pitched sound vrs the deep, bassy sound of most aftermarket exhausts.

Great work!
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #68
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
143


 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 9,626
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #69
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
45

 
Drives: F82 ///M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern/N.J


Posts: 3,660
iTrader: (9)

Damn that sounds good!!!!
__________________
///M
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #70
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
143


 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 9,626
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
Damn that sounds good!!!!
do ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #71
Hotnickz07
New Member
0

 
Drives: 08 JB/B E93 DCT...Ballin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami


Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

pmed
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #72
yomny
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
yomny's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida


Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

really interested in this mod, the only problem would be the actual shipping of my exhaust to you guys. Will you be having original mufflers with the mod done for sale so i could retain my stock one? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #73
Hotnickz07
New Member
0

 
Drives: 08 JB/B E93 DCT...Ballin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami


Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

thats the same issue i have
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #74
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
143


 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 9,626
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
really interested in this mod, the only problem would be the actual shipping of my exhaust to you guys. Will you be having original mufflers with the mod done for sale so i could retain my stock one? Thanks
Yes, we offer a core deposit so you can keep your OEM instead of sending back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotnickz07 View Post
thats the same issue i have
Replying to your PM now
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
PutterMcGavin
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Drives: '89 E30 325is S50 Mtech II
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charleston, SC


Posts: 224
iTrader: (2)

First off this sounds GREAT! I love the sound and it is definitely what I'm looking for!

...this might be a stupid question but why not just cut the exhaust before the muffler, have some straight pipe welded on and have some tips to cap it? essentially remove the whole muffler to save weight, get the same sound, etc.

I assume to keep the "stock" look and retain the hangers?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #76
m3an
Banned
19

 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida


Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
First off this sounds GREAT! I love the sound and it is definitely what I'm looking for!

...this might be a stupid question but why not just cut the exhaust before the muffler, have some straight pipe welded on and have some tips to cap it? essentially remove the whole muffler to save weight, get the same sound, etc.

I assume to keep the "stock" look and retain the hangers?


It is essentially the same thing. The only benefit I see is the ability to retain the OEM look; however, the OE muffler is heavy so I would def want to ditch it altogether. I actually just cut the muffler right before the can and welded on two straight sections of pipe with new tips and I can't believe how good it sounds. Def a little loud, but manageable considering there is 4 cats and 2 resonators. I have to get some pics/sound clips up.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #77
nchan50
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: 2009 JzB/FR e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
It is essentially the same thing. The only benefit I see is the ability to retain the OEM look; however, the OE muffler is heavy so I would def want to ditch it altogether. I actually just cut the muffler right before the can and welded on two straight sections of pipe with new tips and I can't believe how good it sounds. Def a little loud, but manageable considering there is 4 cats and 2 resonators. I have to get some pics/sound clips up.
My understanding is that doing this would get rid of the helmholtz chamber and lead to a lot of drone. I'm not an expert and just restating what I've read elsewhere. Btw, I also did the ACM exhaust mod and it sounds unbelievable. Definitely gives more of that angry V8 growl and sounds great when you open up the throttle on the highway. I didn't want something obnoxious and this is a good balance. Sounds even better in person than in the videos.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #78
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
143


 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 9,626
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan50 View Post
My understanding is that doing this would get rid of the helmholtz chamber and lead to a lot of drone. I'm not an expert and just restating what I've read elsewhere. Btw, I also did the ACM exhaust mod and it sounds unbelievable. Definitely gives more of that angry V8 growl and sounds great when you open up the throttle on the highway. I didn't want something obnoxious and this is a good balance. Sounds even better in person than in the videos.
bingo
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #79
Get 2 the Bimmah!
euro. techniks
3

 
Drives: '03 M3 / '72 2002
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: somewhere topless


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

I can't believe how good it sounds in person! Still being oem and cheaper than any exhaust out there are huge pluses too. I wish playing doctor with an E46 exhaust would have worked If I had an E9x this would be my first mod no doubt.
__________________
Matt

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #80
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
110


 
Bart@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT-R
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ


Posts: 4,147
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Bart@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get 2 the Bimmah! View Post
I can't believe how good it sounds in person! Still being oem and cheaper than any exhaust out there are huge pluses too. I wish playing doctor with an E46 exhaust would have worked If I had an E9x this would be my first mod no doubt.
__________________
Installs|Service|Sales - BMW Master Tech on staff!
ESS, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, HRE, OEM BMW, Cobb and more!


15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07642 | P: 201.666.3500 | Bart@autocouturemotoring.com | Facebook | youTube
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #81
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
SergioPark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 m3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ, USA


Posts: 229
iTrader: (1)

Picked up my car from the dealer on Friday, had this exhaust installed an hour later (had one built before I took delivery). I will say, the exhaust makes this car sounds so much better. IMHO, the car should have come with this exhaust. Great work guys!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #82
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
8

 
GreeKon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA


Posts: 759
iTrader: (1)

I'm new to the forum (been trolling for a few months) but I recently got this MOD done up at ACM, along with RD springs. My car sounds and looks great! Next on the list...TEST PIPES.

Can you guys PM me a price to Flash the ECU so there's no check engine light after my test pipe install? Also...a price for the test pipe install. Thanks guys


-Kon
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #83
Jeskali
Akra Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBS CH 19x9 Square
1

 
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Short Hills, NJ


Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Sweet wheels!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #84
IMG
M.POWER
103

 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location


Posts: 7,058
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get 2 the Bimmah! View Post
I can't believe how good it sounds in person! Still being oem and cheaper than any exhaust out there are huge pluses too. I wish playing doctor with an E46 exhaust would have worked If I had an E9x this would be my first mod no doubt.
Good seeing you Sunday bro.
BTW your ride looks fresh,nicely modded and no doubt Barts exhaust sounds awesome !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #85
IMG
M.POWER
103

 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location


Posts: 7,058
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
I'm new to the forum (been trolling for a few months) but I recently got this MOD done up at ACM, along with RD springs. My car sounds and looks great! Next on the list...TEST PIPES.

Can you guys PM me a price to Flash the ECU so there's no check engine light after my test pipe install? Also...a price for the test pipe install. Thanks guys


-Kon
Just get a challenge Xpipe,they make different setups from straight pipe mid section to a street setup that allows you to use you stock primary cats.

Good Luck !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #86
ObeyMyFast
OMGWTFBBQ
0

 
Drives: 2011 550i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego/Berkeley


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

question: Would the reduction in back pressure cause a loss of power?

I've read over and over again about how straight pipes are stupid due to the loss of power, etc. and was curious if this mod would fall under a similar category, or if keeping the cats, etc, will not cause a large reduction in backpressure.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #87
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
8

 
GreeKon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA


Posts: 759
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Just get a challenge Xpipe,they make different setups from straight pipe mid section to a street setup that allows you to use you stock primary cats.

Good Luck !
I'll look into that, thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #88
IMG
M.POWER
103

 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location


Posts: 7,058
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
I'll look into that, thanks man!
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST