BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
WTB: BBK

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
After seeing what's currently for sale, I'm still looking for something else. Anyone have a kit they haven't posted about? Let me know!

__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

I thought you were going to get a new ST??
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I thought you were going to get a new ST??
Was going to but after all the recent issues with them, I have lost the confidence I had in them. They are still a possibility though, just seeing if there are any kits around right now besides what's already being advertised. I get dealer cost on them and that's why there are still on my list.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Was going to but after all the recent issues with them, I have lost the confidence I had in them. They are still a possibility though, just seeing if there are any kits around right now besides what's already being advertised. I get dealer cost on them and that's why there are still on my list.
Other than that one where the finish faded, what else have you read about recently?

I've never heard anything bad until that thread
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Other than that one where the finish faded, what else have you read about recently?

I've never heard anything bad until that thread
Seems like people are having a hard time getting kits and/or parts. I've also recently read another member posting about the calipers being made in china which is somewhat bothersome.

I get such a good deal on the Stoptechs that I don't wanna pass them up but I don't want this to turn into another Wilwood situation for me. I have had massive issues with them and Stoptech seems to be very similar to them in service regards. But that's a whole other bag of worms. If I don't find any Brembo deals, I will prob just end up getting a non-Trophy Stoptech kit.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Seems like people are having a hard time getting kits and/or parts. I've also recently read another member posting about the calipers being made in china which is somewhat bothersome.

I get such a good deal on the Stoptechs that I don't wanna pass them up but I don't want this to turn into another Wilwood situation for me. I have had massive issues with them and Stoptech seems to be very similar to them in service regards. But that's a whole other bag of worms. If I don't find any Brembo deals, I will prob just end up getting a non-Trophy Stoptech kit.
Yeah I've heard it's hard to get new kits as they're back ordered

Good luck whatever you decide to get
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Yeah I've heard it's hard to get new kits as they're back ordered

Good luck whatever you decide to get
Thanks!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
26
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Good luck finding brakes.. I'm really happy with my Brembo GT kit but after swapping pads I now see the true benefit of a removable bridge. Go for a set of AP's and don't look back!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
Good luck finding brakes.. I'm really happy with my Brembo GT kit but after swapping pads I now see the true benefit of a removable bridge. Go for a set of AP's and don't look back!
I thought AP's were similar to Brembo in that it's a PITA to swap pads?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
M3SQRD
Colonel
M3SQRD's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
2,480
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3s,R56 CooperS,F22 228iX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I thought AP's were similar to Brembo in that it's a PITA to swap pads?
No, AP calipers have bridge bolts that are easily removed.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
No, AP calipers have bridge bolts that are easily removed.
oo ok

good to know
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Still looking. Will take new as well if any vendors wanna chime in. Best price I have on a set of Brembo 380 fronts is $3265.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,181
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Still looking. Will take new as well if any vendors wanna chime in. Best price I have on a set of Brembo 380 fronts is $3265.
You should run -not walk- and get that set quick. It is about $500 less than the average vendor price here...
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
You should run -not walk- and get that set quick. It is about $500 less than the average vendor price here...
There is no rush. I can get it at that price whenever I am ready. Was hoping some vendors would want to earn some new business.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
26
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
You have tainted the deal with real numbers!! Now no one can reply without implying that they can match or beat your price!!

It takes time finding the deals but they are out there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
You have tainted the deal with real numbers!! Now no one can reply without implying that they can match or beat your price!!

It takes time finding the deals but they are out there.
No biggie. I will buy the kit today if I can get the deal I want. I wanna know if the big name dealers are willing to do better. If not, no loss. I will use my trusted guy of over 10 years.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,181
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
No biggie. I will buy the kit today if I can get the deal I want. I wanna know if the big name dealers are willing to do better. If not, no loss. I will use my trusted guy of over 10 years.
Unless you have the magic wand that I could not get, no big name dealer will get even close to that number. I tried really hard, with death threats, guns and all, and still the best price was about $300 over that number for the same new Brembo BBK.

You are at more than $1000 under MSRP. You are looking for a vendor to pay you...
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
26
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Are you only buying the front? Why did you decide to get Brembos?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
tlp
Colonel
tlp's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
2,054
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Just fronts at this point? I will share my deal with you on Saturday. Unless your a track junkie Brembo's make the most sense from a resale perspective.
__________________
My Coding Journal
Current - '11 e92 M3 SG/FR ZCP|ZCV|ZP2|2MK|494|415|6NR|752
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
Are you only buying the front? Why did you decide to get Brembos?
Yep just the fronts. Rears may or may not happen in the future. Almost zero need for them. I am not 100% on Brembo, but heavily leaning that direction right now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,122
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Just fronts at this point? I will share my deal with you on Saturday. Unless your a track junkie Brembo's make the most sense from a resale perspective.
Yeah just fronts for now. We can talk Saturday.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST