BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
808MGuy's Avatar
49
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Pilot Super Sports on 20s. Anybody running them yet?

I'm going to be due for a new set of tires in about 6 months so I'm planning ahead. I would like to try the PSS but I'm not sure if they are oing to fit in the sizes available. I saw 255/30 and 285/30 but I'm not sure how wide the PSS run. If they run really wide, I might be rubbing. Anybody with experience care to chime in?
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
I'm going to be due for a new set of tires in about 6 months so I'm planning ahead. I would like to try the PSS but I'm not sure if they are oing to fit in the sizes available. I saw 255/30 and 285/30 but I'm not sure how wide the PSS run. If they run really wide, I might be rubbing. Anybody with experience care to chime in?
I too was looking for PSS for a 20" wheel setup for the coming spring. As far as I know from the Michelin and Tire Rack sites, there isn't a tire size suitable for the front yet - neither 245/30/20 nor 255/30/20. I checked with Ben at Tire Rack and he indicated that these sizes are not on the horizon in the foreseeable future.

So I was thinking of trying Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, which come in 255/30 and 285/30. Set of 4 for ~$1000 (!!!) from performance plus tire.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
PIMP "E"
Colonel
PIMP "E"'s Avatar
Germany
35
Rep
2,495
Posts

 
Drives: AW 2011 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ft. lauderdale fl, in mannheim germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to PIMP "E"
unless you plan on going to the track a whole lot, with 20's, then theres no use for PSS. the PS2 is all you need.
__________________
MONEY IS THE SAIL TO MY BOAT
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
808MGuy
Colonel
808MGuy's Avatar
49
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMP "E" View Post
unless you plan on going to the track a whole lot, with 20's, then theres no use for PSS. the PS2 is all you need.
PSS are supposed to wear better, be better in wet conditions, and quieter than PS2s according to Michelin's specs. That's why I wanted to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
I too was looking for PSS for a 20" wheel setup for the coming spring. As far as I know from the Michelin and Tire Rack sites, there isn't a tire size suitable for the front yet - neither 245/30/20 nor 255/30/20. I checked with Ben at Tire Rack and he indicated that these sizes are not on the horizon in the foreseeable future.

So I was thinking of trying Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, which come in 255/30 and 285/30. Set of 4 for ~$1000 (!!!) from performance plus tire.
I'm already running the Vreds and I do like them but they are starting to get noisy as they wear. I have about 20k miles on them now and it looks like I have at least 5-8k more left of tread. I did get 30k out of my OEM PS2s.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Chowster's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
PSS are supposed to wear better, be better in wet conditions, and quieter than PS2s according to Michelin's specs. That's why I wanted to try them.

I'm already running the Vreds and I do like them but they are starting to get noisy as they wear. I have about 20k miles on them now and it looks like I have at least 5-8k more left of tread. I did get 30k out of my OEM PS2s.
Same reasons I wanted to try PSS. And cheaper too!

Any clue as to why I can't find PS2 in 285/30/20 on the Michelin website or the TireRack website?

And thanks for the info on the Vreds. Increased noise would bother me too, but I see you're 70-80% through their life already anyways.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST