BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM Sport
View Poll Results: Wait or search locally?
Wait and likely lose credit 6 54.55%
Search for one locally 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

12-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioPark View Post
Definitely! I don't mind waiting, but when 6-8 weeks turns to more like 9+ I get a little frustrated. Especially when my CA isn't able to provide any real insist into when the car will be built / arrive. I know it is out of their control to an extent, but when I am spending 70k+, I do have high expectations.
Good thing then that you are not spending $250k on a built to order Ferrari that will take 8 months to get to you. In general, the more exclusive and expensive the car, the longer the wait.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Good thing then that you are not spending $250k on a built to order Ferrari that will take 8 months to get to you. In general, the more exclusive and expensive the car, the longer the wait.
I don't mind having to wait, but if I knew it was going to be in the 10 week range for delivery, I would have at least looked locally. Its not like I am extremely particular on the options.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

I think it may have worked out for the best that you've had to wait, in that out here, dealers are only starting to build up inventory on 2012s. But you may also find a good deal on a "clearance" '11, if that doesn't bother you.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
I think it may have worked out for the best that you've had to wait, in that out here, dealers are only starting to build up inventory on 2012s. But you may also find a good deal on a "clearance" '11, if that doesn't bother you.

Good luck.

I definitely think the inventory is higher now than a month ago, which surprises me for NJ. This time of year (winter) doesn't seem like an optimal time to sell an M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #27
LimiTed
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2012 MW/FR E92

Quote:
I would not be happy with that much of a delay. Grante I'm in NJ, so I should get the car a little sooner do to transport time, but still.
The delay sucks, however I've saved up for quite a bit of time so an extra month doesnt seem as bad. Plus I was told I would still receive the credit.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #28
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post
The delay sucks, however I've saved up for quite a bit of time so an extra month doesnt seem as bad. Plus I was told I would still receive the credit.
If I can't find anything locally, I will stick with my order. There are a few options that I am willing to change, but at a certain point it is not worth it to "just have a car" if I don't love it.

Does the plant close for 1 week or 2? I thought 1, huge I have seen some post suggesting a 2 week closure.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #29
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
If I can't find anything locally, I will stick with my order. There are a few options that I am willing to change, but at a certain point it is not worth it to "just have a car" if I don't love it.

Does the plant close for 1 week or 2? I thought 1, huge I have seen some post suggesting a 2 week closure.
Is waiting an extra month really that much of a big deal to get exactly the car you want? Plus, right now, it is the middle of winter. Why would you want to drive your new car around with all the potential muck and grime around.

A little patience. It's not like putting it off for a year or something.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #30
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Is waiting an extra month really that much of a big deal to get exactly the car you want? Plus, right now, it is the middle of winter. Why would you want to drive your new car around with all the potential muck and grime around.

A little patience. It's not like putting it off for a year or something.
The main issue I have is my trade (the mission to drive credit and delay are more annoying than anything else). I have a buyer for my trade, but I can't sell if my new car won't be here for another month plus. I time a potential sale of my trade to coincide with the projected delivery of my new car. It's just frustrating. The dealer will undercut my private sale price by 3k. So in all, it could be a 4k swing if I have to pass on the private sale and if I lose the credit. The 4k won't break the bank, but I would rather spend it on mods.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #31
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Met with my CA today and looks like I was bumped to PW2. We searched around for cars locally and found 2 that work. Minor differences in options. Mine is MW 6MT and has BMW Apps. The ones we found are AW 6MT no-Apps and one with DCT. I order the Apps because it was cheap, but I doubt I will take advantage of it. I have been on the fence between AW and MW so that is a wash. Also, I was torn between 6MT and DCT, do I would be happy with either. Just need to see if the other dealers would swap. I think it shouldn't be an issue because the shouldn't be a large M3 market in January (dealer won't miss a car for a few weeks) and the swapping dealer would get the car I ordered. Seems like a win-win. I will post when I have more information.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #32
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Good luck either way.