BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

GetBMWParts

11-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #23
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [3.75]
I prefer this one...

Oh! Headphones... I dunno. I was busy looking at Katrina Bowden the last hour....
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Bimmer84 is offline   United_States
      11-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General

Drives: MP4

If it is just at home, and you wouldn't mind a open-air set that spills a bit of sound out then I recommend a set of Grados. They are a decent amount cheaper than Beats by Dre, and are pretty widely held as being excellent in sound quality. Plus, it is pretty easy to replace parts if you need to so they can last a very long time.

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige...0963455&sr=8-1
      11-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #25
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
What's your price point? These DT770s are over ear, reasonably(ish) priced, and they perform phenomenally. I must have 400+ hours on mine and they sound great. I prefer them to my much more expensive AKG Q701s

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-D.../dp/B0006NL5SM
Well, no more than $300. Those cans look like they are bulky. Do you think they are a little too big or not? It could just be the picture.

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
      11-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #26
len56
Private

Drives: like a gentleman, yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
I prefer this one...

Oh! Headphones... I dunno. I was busy looking at Katrina Bowden the last hour....
haha she's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
I'd try out a pair of beyerdynamic dt770s. Make sure it's the 80 ohm version. Absolutely love mine (listening to them now lol).

I use them mainly to listen to music at night when I can't otherwise, travel, and mixing. Amazingly comfortable and most importantly well-balanced without an amp/eq, something that can't be said for many mid-range studio phones ($400-800).
those look good

now what's going to be good at turning a dorm into a party? I love the Monster Beat Box. Anything with that kind of sound for less price? haha. Would go well with my HP Beats laptop (yes I love this brand, just wasn't sure about the Studios lol)
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5772
Zepplin air seems to sound amazing but it's a bit much :S

Last edited by len56; 11-11-2011 at 02:47 AM.
      11-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #27
CJ421
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Just wanted to comment and say thanks for the pic, OP.

In all seriousness I used to do headphones as a hobby before I got my BMW. Thousands spent on custom wiring, amps, DACs, etc. And a lot of research into actual sound waves and studio recording.

Anyways I used to shop here a lot:
http://www.headphone.com/index.php
They have a lot of quality products. Take a look around, see what's in your price range.

And if you really want to go nuts:
https://www.ttvjaudio.com/store/come...Categories.asp
I used to shop there a lot too ... they have some true high-end gear.
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
      11-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #28
yakev724
Brigadier General

Drives: 00 RX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Well, no more than $300. Those cans look like they are bulky. Do you think they are a little too big or not? It could just be the picture.
They are bulky but they fit to my head near-perfectly so there's really no added weight or strain. I can have them on for hours. They are a bit cumbersome to have on while walking and the cord isn't exactly portable.

Retail is somewhere around $200-250 but you can definitely get a pair brand new for $180 if you shop around.

Quote:
now what's going to be good at turning a dorm into a party? I love the Monster Beat Box. Anything with that kind of sound for less price? haha. Would go well with my HP Beats laptop (yes I love this brand, just wasn't sure about the Studios lol)
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5772
Zepplin air seems to sound amazing but it's a bit much :S
Put some work into this. Get on craigslist, find a home theater amp + surround speakers. I've gotten a Sony 5.1 amp and 5 speakers for $80. Definitely want a sub as well. Buy some mounts on eBay for $20 and rig everything together. Result will be many times better than any overpriced $400-500 speaker that can get a drink spilled on it.
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
      11-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #29
Cloud9blue
Major

Drives: around the potholes

Please don't get Beats or Bose. The sound quality of those is comparable to headphones that are less than $50...

You can look into Beyerdynamic DT1350 or Sennhesier HD-25 II. Both are light and portable, and just a little less than $300. Not sure if you are planning to use them at home or on the move, but you can also look into some of the IEMs (in ear monitors).
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic Slip-on / Ohlins
Cloud9blue is offline   United_States
      11-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #30
wuufer001
Colonel

Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [4.67]
i just recently bought the Klipsch headphones, forgot the model but it was pretty good on quality of sound
      11-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #31
3lusive
Captain

Drives: Nothing

Garage List
I own both the Klipsch S4 and Image Ones and I love both. I use the s4's for walking to school and Image ones at my desktop to listen to music. The image ones are fairly bass heavy but I appreciate it when listening to dubstep/electronica. I was choosing between the image ones and the sennheiser hd448's and chose the image ones because reviews stated that they were more bassy than the fairly neutral sennheiser's.
3lusive is offline   United_States
      11-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #32
3lusive
Captain

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
How long have you had them? I'm tired of buying a new set every year because of design failure. I've had them all too from the the $9.99 special to the $129 Shures. Please tell me these actually last longer than a year!
I noticed that the strain relief right under the earbuds have basically split all the way to where the cord meets the earbud. It's a known design flaw but I don't believe that it affects the sound quality at all, so I haven't bought a new set yet. If you're under warranty I think Klipsch will replace them.
      11-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #33
Gregxi
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 330xi 6mt

I've had Bose QC2's for years, they have lived through a lot of abuse and helped me ignore many idiots on airplanes
Gregxi is offline   United_States
      12-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #34
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
My mom knows that I've been waiting to get a nice pair of headphones lately. Every couple days I keep checking to see if those new Klipsch Mode M40's have been released yet. And then I bitch because they said they were gonna be released "Fall 2011" and they still are not out. Today, I open one of my presents and she got me a pair of Beats by Dre Studios. She knows absolutely nothing about headphones and she kept telling me that they are the hottest item for Christmas this year. I didn't think she was actually gonna buy them lol. Even though they are not the headphones I wanted, they will hold me over until those Klipsch's come out.

As far as sound goes, I just did a 12 hour break in. I'm gonna listen to them in a bit when my iPhone is done charging.

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
      12-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #35
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: F10 535xi / JK Wrangler

Just got some Sennheiser HD25-1 II's for Xmas. It was between these and the Klipsch Image Ones and I am so glad I chose the Senn's.

Now just gotta burn them in.
ZJP is offline   United_States
      12-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #36
Express
Major General

Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.15]
bose noise cancelling > all.

BBD suck donkey balls and don't hit for shit
Express is offline   Israel
      12-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
Wakka
but no flokka

Drives: 2009 1er

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
bose noise cancelling > all.

BBD suck donkey balls and don't hit for shit
bose is terrible, gtfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Wakka is offline   United_States
      12-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #38
len56
Private

Drives: like a gentleman, yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
My mom knows that I've been waiting to get a nice pair of headphones lately. Every couple days I keep checking to see if those new Klipsch Mode M40's have been released yet. And then I bitch because they said they were gonna be released "Fall 2011" and they still are not out. Today, I open one of my presents and she got me a pair of Beats by Dre Studios. She knows absolutely nothing about headphones and she kept telling me that they are the hottest item for Christmas this year. I didn't think she was actually gonna buy them lol. Even though they are not the headphones I wanted, they will hold me over until those Klipsch's come out.

As far as sound goes, I just did a 12 hour break in. I'm gonna listen to them in a bit when my iPhone is done charging.
they're not bad by any means, I like how they sound, and stylish
and yeah those klipsch m40's have been really annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Just got some Sennheiser HD25-1 II's for Xmas. It was between these and the Klipsch Image Ones and I am so glad I chose the Senn's.
any reason for that?
      12-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #39
Express
Major General

Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.15]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
bose is terrible, gtfo
my ears > yours.

i have no complaints from my old noise cancelling bose. they hit harder than any shitty dre headphones i have tried.

do not get me wrong, i would LOVE something better than what i have now.... open to suggestions, but hold it if you are going to suggest BBD.
Express is offline   Israel
      12-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #40
san~man
Tired

Drives: BMW-less

^ ^
Audio Technica, freq response much better than Bose. Much cheaper too
      12-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
3lusive
Captain

Garage List
Klipsch just released their reference line for headphones, that includes new Reference One and Reference S4 headphones. Anybody try these and notice a tangible improvement over the Image series?
      12-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #42
El_Duderino
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Headphones: Beyer Dynamic, AKG, Audiotechnica, Sennheiser -- definitely not the Beats by Dre or Bose, which are both overpriced crap when it comes to sound quality, although the noise cancellation on the Bose isn't bad.

In-ear-monitors: Shure, Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Westone. Klipsch is second rate compared to the mid- to higher range IEMs from any of the aforementioned manufacturers, although these do tend to cost more than the Klipsch.
      12-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #43
TimZ
Lieutenant

Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
Headphones: Beyer Dynamic, AKG, Audiotechnica, Sennheiser -- definitely not the Beats by Dre or Bose, which are both overpriced crap when it comes to sound quality, although the noise cancellation on the Bose isn't bad.

In-ear-monitors: Shure, Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Westone. Klipsch is second rate compared to the mid- to higher range IEMs from any of the aforementioned manufacturers, although these do tend to cost more than the Klipsch.
Agree with this post, and would also like to add ultrasone to that headphone list.

In the end, you have to go to a guitar center and try out all the headphones to see what you like best. My ears might love the sound off a pair of AKGs where your ears wont
TimZ is offline   Albania
      12-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #44
TimZ
Lieutenant

Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post

Agree with this post, and would also like to add ultrasone to that headphone list.

In the end, you have to go to a guitar center and try out all the headphones to see what you like best. My ears might love the sound off a pair of AKGs where your ears wont
TimZ is offline   Albania