BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
leo95se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 JB e92, Q5 and passat
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 488
iTrader: (1)

No nav update?

Brought my car in for 16k service and asked for map updates to be applied. I have an 09 with the 2009-01 maps installed. They said no updates showing for my vin.. Interesting. Anyone have new maps?
leo95se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
 
///M Rakete's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo95se View Post
Brought my car in for 16k service and asked for map updates to be applied. I have an 09 with the 2009-01 maps installed. They said no updates showing for my vin.. Interesting. Anyone have new maps?
I find that rather surprising.

I have a 2010, late 2009 build with I think the 2009-2 map data. I know I've seen 2010 map data on a F10 5-Series I test drove.

I'm looking to get the map update this Friday with my M Exhaust install. We'll see.
__________________
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
///M Rakete is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
 
dogears's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

I have a 2009. My NAV is the worst crap I have ever used. Terrible maps. I complained to the dealer and they are updating my maps to the latest NAV version. Tomorrow. Under warranty.

I'll update after I get it back.
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
dogears is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
CBS
Major
 
CBS's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 - F10 535xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posts: 1,079
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [4.86]
2008 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
I have a 2009. My NAV is the worst crap I have ever used. Terrible maps. I complained to the dealer and they are updating my maps to the latest NAV version. Tomorrow. Under warranty.

I'll update after I get it back.

Any update?
__________________

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R6 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
CBS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Andy001
New Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: China

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

I have a 2009.I bought my car dvd with built-in gps and downloaded the map in 2009.
Andy001 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
 
dogears's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

Yes!!

The dealer installed the latest 2011 maps under warranty. It required a total software update. Prepare for a two day service! LOL You know.... Software takes 5 hours. Map loading another 3 hours. Car doesn't go into shop until lunchtime.....whoops. Not done by 5. NAV update requires an authorization code from Germany btw.

I also got a new battery since mine was weak. Also under warranty. AGM battery! The battery also required a system update as the new battery is AGM and requires the car to be coded for it. I drive about 6K a year. Glad they covered me.

The new NAV is vastly superior! Works well now and has some enhanced locations and features.

As a result of all this, I was forced to get the ESS direct flash tune. I had to replace the tune they overwrote with the new locked stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Any update?
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
dogears is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
 
///M Rakete's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California

Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Yes!!

The dealer installed the latest 2011 maps under warranty. It required a total software update. Prepare for a two day service! LOL You know.... Software takes 5 hours. Map loading another 3 hours. Car doesn't go into shop until lunchtime.....whoops. Not done by 5. NAV update requires an authorization code from Germany btw.

I also got a new battery since mine was weak. Also under warranty. AGM battery! The battery also required a system update as the new battery is AGM and requires the car to be coded for it. I drive about 6K a year. Glad they covered me.

The new NAV is vastly superior! Works well now and has some enhanced locations and features.

As a result of all this, I was forced to get the ESS direct flash tune. I had to replace the tune they overwrote with the new locked stuff.
"Under warranty?" How did you get them to do that?
__________________
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
///M Rakete is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
leo95se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 JB e92, Q5 and passat
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT

Posts: 488
iTrader: (1)

They covered a $200 upgrade under warranty? How did they see it was available for the car? I'm still baffled they said it's based on vin.
leo95se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST