BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #67
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,793
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
haha

maybe i'm easily swayed, but you guys have me rethinking my entire plan.

if it were up to me, i'd be by the beach. but SM-DT doesn't sound feasible. my hours are long and i don't want to spend what little free time i do have grinding it out through traffic.
Re: SM-DT, if you commute early in the morning, and come back late (i.e. before & after regular commute traffic), it might not be bad. Plus, you have multiple routes to choose from - Olympic Blvd, I-10, Wilshire Blvd, Pico Blvd, Venice Blvd, etc.

Re: South Pasadena, that's a nice quiet suburb, very close to DT, and intentionally kept in 'old town' atmosphere (lots of 50's style Crossman homes there).

Also, although DTLA has for a long while been a dump unsuited for residential dwelling, developments there during past 5 years have resulted in many people living there now (including a member on this forum). Can't beat a 5 minute commute. Plus, there are lots of active commercial/sports development plans that'll, within next few years, really further liven up the area.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD

Last edited by OC3; 12-15-2011 at 04:50 PM.
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #68
xchosun1x
FNG
 
xchosun1x's Avatar
 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,144
iTrader: (9)

I live in the heart of
Downtown. I used to live in Pasadena as well. Two very different vibes. Dtla is coming back to life. Its great here.

Each Dtla block has become well equipped w marts, bars, food joints, nice sit downs and attractions. It really is a nice city life withing a city that was once really dead.
xchosun1x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #69
Edward
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (0)

What cross street off sunset? Everyone is alluding to the fact that the stretch of santa Monica blvd from doheny to a few blocks past palihouse on holloway/la cienega is boys town. It's the gay area of west hollywood. To call west Hollywood gay in its entirety is misleading. Welcome to LA! Here's a great way to get to downtown in any hour from you. Head down la cienega, merge left onto San vicente blvd. Take it al the way to Venice and merge left onto Venice. By then you're already halfway to downtown. San Vicente is an insanely quick and very efficient way to get to downtown due to the gradual east with a slight south aim that the road has.
Edward is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #70
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
What cross street off sunset? Everyone is alluding to the fact that the stretch of santa Monica blvd from doheny to a few blocks past palihouse on holloway/la cienega is boys town. It's the gay area of west hollywood. To call west Hollywood gay in its entirety is misleading. Welcome to LA! Here's a great way to get to downtown in any hour from you. Head down la cienega, merge left onto San vicente blvd. Take it al the way to Venice and merge left onto Venice. By then you're already halfway to downtown. San Vicente is an insanely quick and very efficient way to get to downtown due to the gradual east with a slight south aim that the road has.
Hey Ed,

I'm at Vine and Sunset. In all honesty, I ended up in this area (knowing very little about LA) due to geographic proximity to work and the fact that I found an amazing promotional deal on a temp corp apartment (brand new building, furnished 2 bedroom with huge windows / cool views, 2 indoor parking spots, etc.) for a mere fraction of what I was paying for my 1 bedroom in NYC. When the deal expires, I'll have to move, but in the meantime - I'm here.

You'll have to excuse me for stating the obvious (out of towner! haha), but Sunset and Vine appears to be an extremely trendy area. I have seen a large number of what appear to be very popular restauarants, clubs, etc., and, generalizing, I've noticed 2 molds of people who seem to frequent the neighborhood: 1) either you're a 22-25ish hipster or 2) a 40-55 year old recent divorcee (assuming, haha) with blonde-highlighted hair and platinum-rimmed aviators. In what was a true "welcome to LA" experience, Fabio (yes, Mr. "I can't believe that it's not butter") was on the squat bar next to me at the gym yesteray. I guess that's Sunset for you. At least thus far, however, I have foun the neighborhood to be clean, safe, stylish, etc. Of course, coming from NYC, it may be that my standards are a bit skewed.

Here's a question: any thoughts on the best city street routes to get to DT (U.S. Bank Tower) from Sunset and Pine?

Last edited by Talk2meg00se; 12-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #71
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 324
iTrader: (0)

How much weight was that punk-ass bitch Fabio squatting?
SD-E93-11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #72
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
How much weight was that punk-ass bitch Fabio squatting?
haha i dunno, a lot.
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #73
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
 
mpbruin108's Avatar
 
Drives: I'm a hypermiler
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: los angeles

Posts: 517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
How much weight was that punk-ass bitch Fabio squatting?
I see Fabio a lot in Costco....and for some reason..he never is pushing a cart..he's always talking on a cell phone..trying to look important still
__________________
2015 M4 (on order - ED in September 2014) Mineral Grey with SO

2013 Tesla Model S, 2011 Land Rover Autobiography, 2010 RR Phantom, 2012 S550

2010 AW E92 M3 (SOLD) 2009 Z4 Sdrive35i (SOLD)
mpbruin108 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #74
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
 
mpbruin108's Avatar
 
Drives: I'm a hypermiler
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: los angeles

Posts: 517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
come out to some 626 area meets and we'll make you feel right at home and fill you in with any info needed.

send me a pm!
There are still 626 meets? I never know about them and I've moved back to the 626 for the last 3 months. haha
__________________
2015 M4 (on order - ED in September 2014) Mineral Grey with SO

2013 Tesla Model S, 2011 Land Rover Autobiography, 2010 RR Phantom, 2012 S550

2010 AW E92 M3 (SOLD) 2009 Z4 Sdrive35i (SOLD)
mpbruin108 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #75
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,793
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
I see Fabio a lot in Costco....and for some reason..he never is pushing a cart..he's always talking on a cell phone..trying to look important still
lulz
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #76
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
In what was a true "welcome to LA" experience, Fabio (yes, Mr. "I can't believe that it's not butter") was on the squat bar next to me at the gym yesteray.
That's awesome. The second day after I moved to LA I crossed paths with Lindsay Lohan. I think they plan this stuff out based on what celebrity is available to meet new people.
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #77
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Btw - can anyone recommend a car wash? Looking for one of those nice hand wash places for high end auto ...
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #78
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Well it's been over 3 mos. - have to say, really enjoying it out here.

The one issue: the curbs! Did they purposely plan it so that every curb here is 3 ft. long and at a 45 degree angle? Takes some serious manuvering getting the car down these things without whacking the front end ...

Ended up finding a nice apt. in Hancock Pk (relatively residential and sufficently far enough away from the madness that is Sunset). Also only 25 minutes-ish to work in the AM. Decided that Santa Monica was just too far.

Also: contacted Auto Talent the other day. Car is coming off warranty so figured it was a good time to start with the mods. Thinking GTS OEM wheels, tune, pulley (maybe, eh), intake, and an exhaust if I can find something that it isn't too droney / loud. That will most likely be it. Brakes, sunspension, etc. - I dunno .. gets to be a bit silly.

Haven't had the opportunity to explore some of the driving roads listed above, but will soon. Also: haven't been to a track event here yet! Need to go soon. May wait until after I finish the mods ...

What else? Everyone and his mother tries to race on the freeways here. Haha keeps things interesting ..

Last edited by Talk2meg00se; 03-24-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #79
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
 
tightie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 Coupe.
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

Posts: 5,663
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
We go out to the track all the time, a bunch of us from this forum go out together.
__________________
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround | Gintani Downpipes | H&R Super Sport Springs | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit + Spacers | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: September 26 @ Buttonwillow Raceway
tightie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #80
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,793
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
Well it's been over 3 mos. - have to say, really enjoying it out here.

The one issue: the curbs! Did they purposely plan it so that every curb here is 3 ft. long and at a 45 degree angle? Takes some serious manuvering getting the car down these things without whacking the front end ...

Ended up finding a nice apt. in Hancock Pk (relatively residential and sufficently far enough away from the madness that is Sunset). Also only 25 minutes-ish to work in the AM. Decided that Santa Monica was just too far.

Also: contacted Auto Talent the other day. Car is coming off warranty so figured it was a good time to start with the mods. Thinking GTS OEM wheels, tune, pulley (maybe, eh), intake, and an exhaust if I can find something that it isn't too droney / loud. That will most likely be it. Brakes, sunspension, etc. - I dunno .. gets to be a bit silly.

Haven't had the opportunity to explore some of the driving roads listed above, but will soon. Also: haven't been to a track event here yet! Need to go soon. May wait until after I finish the mods ...

What else? Everyone and his mother tries to race on the freeways here. Haha keeps things interesting ..
Nice area (Hancock park). Doesn't it feel a bit like NY? (folks w/ black hats & curls where the sideburns usually are at)

Yeah, SM a bit too far.
__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #81
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Chanced upon "Corral Canyon Rd." off the 1 in the Malibu Canyons area - wow, what a terrifying hill climb.

I switched off DSC and dialed up the EDC and didn't stop until I literally came to the end of the road (see below).

I'm always on the prowl for fun roads - and this one certainly qualifies - but I'm not sure how many more times I'll do that one again. Maybe for the first time in my car (and I've tracked it), the adage that "if you knock on the devil's door enough times he'll answer ..." seemed to resonate.

In any event - phenomenal hill climb (the oil was hot!) and *unbelievable* views over Malibu. Check it out if you haven't.
Attached Images
 
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #82
Mahzari
Captain
 
Drives: poorly
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California

Posts: 671
iTrader: (0)

Glad you enjoyed the run, you have a beautiful M. As far as modding goes, I'd just get a drop in filter, tune, and exhaust
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line: H/K + SA
Mahzari is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #83
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
Glad you enjoyed the run, you have a beautiful M. As far as modding goes, I'd just get a drop in filter, tune, and exhaust
Mods are on the way. Will be installed at the end of the month. They are:

1. OEM GTS wheels + tires [really looking forward to seeing the black GTS wheels on the SSII M3 with dark tint]
2. Akrapovic slip on
3. 12/15mm spacers
4. MS stage 2 intake
5. MS pulley
6. ESS Tune

I don't anticipate doing any more mods. That should be it. Hopefully the tune is worth the $$$.
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #84
Mahzari
Captain
 
Drives: poorly
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California

Posts: 671
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
Mods are on the way. Will be installed at the end of the month. They are:

1. OEM GTS wheels + tires [really looking forward to seeing the black GTS wheels on the SSII M3 with dark tint]
2. Akrapovic slip on
3. 12/15mm spacers
4. MS stage 2 intake
5. MS pulley
6. ESS Tune

I don't anticipate doing any more mods. That should be it. Hopefully the tune is worth the $$$.
Looks like an amazing list. Make sure to post pictures up when it's done
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line: H/K + SA
Mahzari is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #85
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Well the first set of mods werejust installed (4.12): custom bumper, tail light, and quarter panel courtesy of some asshole in a SUV in the CVS parking lot.
Attached Images
 
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #86
OC3
Havin' a blast!
 
OC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,793
iTrader: (1)

__________________

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST