BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #67
MojorisinM3
Major
 
MojorisinM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M6
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 1,047
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
This has already been beaten to death!
Just let it die, i guess we can't blame all those 335i owners wanting their time in the sun before the M3 arrives and rightfully assumes it's mantle as the ultimate 3 series car to have.
Well, the E46 M3 is STILL the ultimate 3 series to have. One drive says it all :rocks:
__________________
08 M6
MojorisinM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #68
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
I'm just not that impressed with next m3. If it can beat the RS4 in the ring i would be impressed but that's not happening right now
Actually it is. Check the times again. No, not the r-comp time silly.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #69
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
Well, the E46 M3 is STILL the ultimate 3 series to have. One drive says it all :rocks:
Can we get some sanity in here?
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #70
MojorisinM3
Major
 
MojorisinM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M6
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 1,047
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Can we get some sanity in here?
Not sure what you mean... sold my 06 E90 for an E46 M3 and would do it again, all day. E90 is a nice car, but too dull of a driving experience + too much cheap plastics on the interior (has a mass produced feel vs. the E46).
__________________
08 M6
MojorisinM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #71
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 6,802
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Can we get some sanity in here?
Epacy, not sure you've told us if you have an order in for the M3. You're driving a blinged Maxima now. Gotta give creidts to those going to school. What's you're plan?
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 pre-ordered 4/13; 6/14 production
GregW / Oregon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #72
M3onTwomps
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '02 E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Sandbox

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
I'm just not that impressed with next m3. If it can beat the RS4 in the ring i would be impressed but that's not happening right now
Umm....because it hasn't been released yet? Thanks for your input. Brilliant.
M3onTwomps is offline   Iraq
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #73
mesier1111
Banned
 
mesier1111's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

Posts: 1,628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
I'm just not that impressed with next m3. If it can beat the RS4 in the ring i would be impressed but that's not happening right now
That is exactly what I was trying to say. I really hope when the thing is out and being beaten by the magazines that she will show she is what her older siblings were: the best there is (except for high end sports cars obviously).
mesier1111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #74
mesier1111
Banned
 
mesier1111's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA

Posts: 1,628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
Well, the E46 M3 is STILL the ultimate 3 series to have. One drive says it all :rocks:
Might have to agree, I think one day no matter what I own, I will have to have an E46M3.....the best ever!!!!!
mesier1111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #75
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
 
jpan08's Avatar
 
Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Ninja 300
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Hartford, CT/ Boston, MA

Posts: 206
iTrader: (0)

i like my e36 M3...

Last edited by jpan08; 06-17-2007 at 09:45 PM.
jpan08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #76
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Epacy, not sure you've told us if you have an order in for the M3. You're driving a blinged Maxima now. Gotta give creidts to those going to school. What's you're plan?
Huh? You act like I should have told you a plan.
Going to school? I hardly think my Maxima is "blinged". You don't like it?
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #77
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 6,802
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Huh? You act like I should have told you a plan.
No, you don't need to tell us anything. You obviosuly have a high level of interest in the M3, just hadn't heard why.

Quote:
Going to school?
My apologies-must have got you confused with someone from another forum.

Quote:
I hardly think my Maxima is "blinged". You don't like it?
Looking at your pics, I thought it had chrome wheels, which I usually associate with "bling". No offense intended; it's actually pretty clean.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 pre-ordered 4/13; 6/14 production
GregW / Oregon is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #78
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,728
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFavourite View Post
face it sth the m3 interior is shit euro rs4 owns you
What? No more points on your side? That's disappointing!

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #79
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
No, you don't need to tell us anything. You obviosuly have a high level of interest in the M3, just hadn't heard why.


My apologies-must have got you confused with someone from another forum.


Looking at your pics, I thought it had chrome wheels, which I usually associate with "bling". No offense intended; it's actually pretty clean.
I have a sickening level of interest in the new M3. To see if my deposit is worth it.

No chrome wheels, please. I don't go that route.
They are Millie Miglia Evo 5, hyper-silver I believe.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #80
adamr
Major
 
adamr's Avatar
 
Drives: 997 GT3 RS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Johannesburg

Posts: 1,032
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
///M is ///M ... yes my 335i vert is awesome, but the E46 ///M3, the ///M-Coupe, E36 ///M3 that ive had all had character, those people that owned a couple of ///M's will know what im talking about ... its a bit more than just speed. Sure a modded 335i will be faster than the E9x M3, but it still aint an ///M ...

theres your 3 series range and theres the ///M model ... its so different from the rest of the stable ... sure the new one will be awesome ...

There is more in common with a E9x 320i and a 335i, the ///M is just different, you really cant compare
__________________


2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
adamr is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #81
2m3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 1995 M3, 1988 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: HIllside VIllage, ca 90032

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
335i are pretty impressive though. There is a thread on the regular 3 forums showing 335i's 0-60 in 4.4-4.5s with proceed.
Do you only live on 0-60 on straight line?

In real life driving, it is more than 0-60 on straight line

What happen to 60-100 or 90-120 not at straight line?
2m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #82
ILC32
Lieutenant
 
ILC32's Avatar
 
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

DSG/ZSG pwns the 335

I suspect that the real difference-makers between even a tuned 335 and the new M3 will be the M differential and the DSG/ZSG gearbox.

Yes, you can buy an aftermarket limited slip diffy for the 335, but forget about somehow upgrading the tranny itself.

If the DSG/ZSG gearbox has seven speeds, the V8 will always be in its powerband, and it will lose very little time during upshifts.

It is a shame the gearbox iapparently will not be ready at launch.
ILC32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #83
KennyKong
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Space Gray E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

I hate to say it, but all this garbage about the M3 versus this and versus that is all garbage. So is what place BMW took against whatever cars in whatever competition.

The bottom line is this - Its the overall driving feel. If it was about horsepower numbers, we'd all have other cars in mind in the same price range that can top it. but what is driving a BMW all about?

Trying to make a conversation about 0-60 times? Who gives a hoot? Really?
How about comparing quarter mile times? Why would you measure performance in such a mindless way? Its about the FEEL.

Balance, brakes, handling,whatever.

All this crap about aftermarket tuning 335's and all this garbage is honestly a bunch of lunch time smack talking.

Lets get real, a car's a car. If we feel safe turning the wheel, if we feel confidence in how the car behaves when we ask it to do something performance oriented, that's what nails the smile to a true drivers face..

Not sitting here meddling about quarter mile and 0-60 times.

You guys want an honest opinion? Screw what everyone thinks. Screw what the magazines say. Screw dyno charts. Go test drive the damn car and see if she's what you want, if not- move on.
KennyKong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2007, 07:20 PM   #84
sgc335c
BMW Rookie
 
sgc335c's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i Coupe - On its way
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKong View Post
I hate to say it, but all this garbage about the M3 versus this and versus that is all garbage. So is what place BMW took against whatever cars in whatever competition.

The bottom line is this - Its the overall driving feel. If it was about horsepower numbers, we'd all have other cars in mind in the same price range that can top it. but what is driving a BMW all about?

Trying to make a conversation about 0-60 times? Who gives a hoot? Really?
How about comparing quarter mile times? Why would you measure performance in such a mindless way? Its about the FEEL.

Balance, brakes, handling,whatever.

All this crap about aftermarket tuning 335's and all this garbage is honestly a bunch of lunch time smack talking.

Lets get real, a car's a car. If we feel safe turning the wheel, if we feel confidence in how the car behaves when we ask it to do something performance oriented, that's what nails the smile to a true drivers face..

Not sitting here meddling about quarter mile and 0-60 times.

You guys want an honest opinion? Screw what everyone thinks. Screw what the magazines say. Screw dyno charts. Go test drive the damn car and see if she's what you want, if not- move on.


I agree with you. But arguing about why your car is better than someone else's is fun. Whatever passes the time...
sgc335c is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST