BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #45
JA///MES
PLZRACE
JA///MES's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
373
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico now fml...

iTrader: (3)

WOO HOO!!!!! Great to see this after our coversation today Shiv. I didn't know all this had been posted until about an hour ago. Judging from the information this is gonna turn my baby into a BEAST!!!! I can't wait!!!!
__________________
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #46
Longbow64
_______
Longbow64's Avatar
13
Rep
752
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (4)

This is going to be awesome. See you in a couple days.
__________________

'09 E90 M3 | VF620 SC tuned and coded by BPM | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | AA Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance and IND trim | Recaro Profi and child seats
'13 35i M-Sport X3 | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #47
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
yeah but how do you know what size injecter and where to put it?
We aren't using methanol injection for fuel enrichment so meth nozzle sizing isn't critical. We are using it for cooling and octane enhancement. Also, the DME also runs closed loop fuel under load so it targets the desired AFR regardless of methanol injection volume. This is why we use the same system in boosted and NA applications alike. For those running higher power applications, we can always add a 3rd 1.0mm nozzle which will result in a higher effective octane bump and more cooling (especially useful in non-intercooled SC applications). But this would be overkill in anything less than 500whp IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #48
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
We aren't using methanol injection for fuel enrichment so meth nozzle sizing isn't critical. We are using it for cooling and octane enhancement. Also, the DME also runs closed loop fuel under load so it targets the desired AFR regardless of methanol injection volume. This is why we use the same system in boosted and NA applications alike. For those running higher power applications, we can always add a 3rd 1.0mm nozzle which will result in a higher effective octane bump and more cooling (especially useful in non-intercooled SC applications). But this would be overkill in anything less than 500whp IMHO.
will its a 650 kit so i hope it would make bout 540whp but how will the ess tune go with this?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #49
Ateam
Banned
17
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Could you post a DIY for all of us to guage whether we can hack it or not by ourselves! Amateur hour for all of us wannabe mechanics
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #50
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

I would ask ESS if I were you ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
We aren't using methanol injection for fuel enrichment so meth nozzle sizing isn't critical. We are using it for cooling and octane enhancement. Also, the DME also runs closed loop fuel under load so it targets the desired AFR regardless of methanol injection volume. This is why we use the same system in boosted and NA applications alike. For those running higher power applications, we can always add a 3rd 1.0mm nozzle which will result in a higher effective octane bump and more cooling (especially useful in non-intercooled SC applications). But this would be overkill in anything less than 500whp IMHO.
will its a 650 kit so i hope it would make bout 540whp but how will the ess tune go with this?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #51
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,819
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Very elegant install and great results! Congrats to TMR and Shiv!

Bizarre about the original OE tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #52
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
will its a 650 kit so i hope it would make bout 540whp but how will the ess tune go with this?
It will work just fine. The only difference is that you would install the nozzles at the outlet end tank of the intercooler. Just running meth with no Procede mapping changes should be worth a passive gain of 20-25whp. And you could likely pick up another 20whp by adjusting the timing/AFR map if you chose to. We will have maps available for each scenario.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #53
alpine335i
Captain
alpine335i's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
687
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
I would ask ESS if I were you ...
Yeah i would assume if you did this with the ESS kit they might not warranty anything if you have any problems. Does ESS offer their own meth kit? Cause that would be the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Could you post a DIY for all of us to guage whether we can hack it or not by ourselves! Amateur hour for all of us wannabe mechanics
During my TX trip, I'll be taking pics for the installation manual which should be ready soon. It's truly an easy DIY. Even easier than the n54 version of the kit since you don't have to replace the chargepipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #55
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine335i View Post
Yeah i would assume if you did this with the ESS kit they might not warranty anything if you have any problems. Does ESS offer their own meth kit? Cause that would be the way to go.
You would need to ask first haha
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #56
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
It will work just fine. The only difference is that you would install the nozzles at the outlet end tank of the intercooler. Just running meth with no Procede mapping changes should be worth a passive gain of 20-25whp. And you could likely pick up another 20whp by adjusting the timing/AFR map if you chose to. We will have maps available for each scenario.
Would ess be happy if you changed timimg and the AFR map?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #57
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Bluesummer's Avatar
Taiwan
179
Rep
15,410
Posts

 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
wow... I can't believe this was happening when I was getting my seats coded. I would've stick around a little bit more if I knew something awesome was happening I want that meth kit and procede on my car
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #58
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
132
Rep
3,499
Posts

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (1)

venders PM me on a meth kits... price and details**
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:42 AM   #59
TMR
Colonel
TMR's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,892
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Torrance

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
wow... I can't believe this was happening when I was getting my seats coded. I would've stick around a little bit more if I knew something awesome was happening I want that meth kit and procede on my car
Your car looked and sounded awesome! I will be going back in a few months after my pulley and intake get installed. Shooting for over 420.
__________________
2015 M3 BPM Tuned, Eibach, Magnaflow and more www.tmrmzine.com/m3/f80
SOLD E92 Slēk Carbon Fiber Widebody M3 www.tmrmzine.com/m3/slek/
SOLD E92 335i Stage 3+ with all the toys www.tmrmzine.com/335/
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #60
GT3 Tim
Moderator
GT3 Tim's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,897
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
venders PM me on a meth kits... price and details**
Me too. Send some info.....
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #61
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
702
Rep
17,616
Posts

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hi Guys,
Sorry I've been out of town for the past few days. Just trying to catch up on things. As well as finish the last piece (power steering reservoir bracket) for the PWM Meth kit. Should have this done within the next couple of days and will post up final pics/pricing shortly thereafter. We are very excited about this new market and results we've been seeing on this S65. I'm looking forward to releasing all the info/pics you guys have been waiting for

Cheers,
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #62
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

So I don't get it. Do you have to use the window fluid reservoir? Does it completely eliminate the use of it, or does it use the windshield fluid its self? That is some type of methanol right?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #63
bchang2001
Lieutenant
7
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: OC,CA

iTrader: (5)

shiv what is your email? your PM box is full
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #64
GT3 Tim
Moderator
GT3 Tim's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,897
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi Guys,
Sorry I've been out of town for the past few days. Just trying to catch up on things. As well as finish the last piece (power steering reservoir bracket) for the PWM Meth kit. Should have this done within the next couple of days and will post up final pics/pricing shortly thereafter. We are very excited about this new market and results we've been seeing on this S65. I'm looking forward to releasing all the info/pics you guys have been waiting for

Cheers,
Shiv
Awesome.
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #65
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Bluesummer's Avatar
Taiwan
179
Rep
15,410
Posts

 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
wow... I can't believe this was happening when I was getting my seats coded. I would've stick around a little bit more if I knew something awesome was happening I want that meth kit and procede on my car
Your car looked and sounded awesome! I will be going back in a few months after my pulley and intake get installed. Shooting for over 420.
Thanks! Please let me know when you do go back for more dyno. Let's grab a coffee or something, I really wanna check out how hard your car is pulling with the current set up.
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #66
dapopa9
Captain
dapopa9's Avatar
12
Rep
613
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
So I don't get it. Do you have to use the window fluid reservoir? Does it completely eliminate the use of it, or does it use the windshield fluid its self? That is some type of methanol right?
I think this setup uses the Windshield Fluid reservoir to store the Methanol that is used in the system. However you can still use windshield fluid function of the car to clean your windows only now it will be spraying methanol on your windshield and not the regular windshield fluid you are accustomed to. My understanding is that spraying the methanol on the windshield is still safe and will still clean the windshield.

basically the reservoir now has dual functionality
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST