BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #23
dapopa9
Captain
dapopa9's Avatar
12
Rep
613
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Yeah def 2hour max for a shop with a lift. Fluid flush brake lines take 30min once the wheel are off the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #24
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,465
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT1000 View Post
The ones in the back are the issue, not the ones on the calipers.
Agreed but the total job still only took a couple of hours at most (less if I recall correctly). The tech did have a bit of a hard time of the rears but not a big deal really.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
thorny
Captain
thorny's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Agreed but the total job still only took a couple of hours at most (less if I recall correctly). The tech did have a bit of a hard time of the rears but not a big deal really.
Thanks gthal. This is very helpful, doing mine on Monday. How much did your shop charge you, if you dont mind me asking
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
3,465
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Thanks gthal. This is very helpful, doing mine on Monday. How much did your shop charge you, if you dont mind me asking
I don't recall exactly but it also included a track inspection... I want to say $400 to change the lines, flush the fluid and change the pads and do the track inspection.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #27
thorny
Captain
thorny's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (9)

Installed at EAS yesterday:
- Stoptech SS lines
- Stoptech Street Performance brake pads
- Motul RBF600 fluid

EAS did it for me in 2.5 hrs and charged very reasonable rate. I was quoted earlier in the day 2.7 times more and twice as much shop time for the same work!! Great job EAS!

Now, I just have to bed-in the pads and sign up for December 17th Performance Driving Clinic at Buttonwillow
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
robert @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
86
Rep
3,974
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Installed at EAS yesterday:
- Stoptech SS lines
- Stoptech Street Performance brake pads
- Motul RBF600 fluid

EAS did it for me in 2.5 hrs and charged very reasonable rate. I was quoted earlier in the day 2.7 times more and twice as much shop time for the same work!! Great job EAS!

Now, I just have to bed-in the pads and sign up for December 17th Performance Driving Clinic at Buttonwillow
Thank you for choosing EAS Glad you are satisfied with the service that was performed!

Hope to see you here again soon for more upgrades on your M3
__________________
Robert T. | european auto source (eas)
email: robert@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x32

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Installed at EAS yesterday:
- Stoptech SS lines
- Stoptech Street Performance brake pads
- Motul RBF600 fluid

EAS did it for me in 2.5 hrs and charged very reasonable rate. I was quoted earlier in the day 2.7 times more and twice as much shop time for the same work!! Great job EAS!

Now, I just have to bed-in the pads and sign up for December 17th Performance Driving Clinic at Buttonwillow
You copied my set up!
Good job picking EAS! They've done plenty of work on all of my cars

Ask in the CA section, the Buttonwillow Perf Driving clinic isn't all that..
it's expensive ($200) and your track time is pretty limited, especially if it's your first time there.
The whole track isn't opened up until later in the day, and even then you can only pass on straights with a point-by....
I mean, I had fun as Button is my favorite track...but felt the $200 was wasted since everything was so controlled.

Couple of us are going to Big Willow, you should come
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617158
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
m3heaven
Captain
m3heaven's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
838
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AW M4 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles/New York City

iTrader: (8)

Speedventures is having a Buttonwillow Track Day December 18 and 19 as well. I'm going to be attending one of those.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #31
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3heaven View Post
Speedventures is having a Buttonwillow Track Day December 18 and 19 as well. I'm going to be attending one of those.
Off topic sorry but: Go on the 18th!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #32
thorny
Captain
thorny's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
You copied my set up!
Good job picking EAS! They've done plenty of work on all of my cars

Ask in the CA section, the Buttonwillow Perf Driving clinic isn't all that..
it's expensive ($200) and your track time is pretty limited, especially if it's your first time there.
The whole track isn't opened up until later in the day, and even then you can only pass on straights with a point-by....
I mean, I had fun as Button is my favorite track...but felt the $200 was wasted since everything was so controlled.

Couple of us are going to Big Willow, you should come
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617158
Haha, after much consideration I settled on your setup, I figured it will give me the most bang for the buck for what I need right now

I'll think about going on the 18th... It may be a better idea. Thanks for all the info!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #33
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Nah come Button on the 18th with us instead. The Performance clinic is on the 17th so you're good. lulz

You too Sean, Button 18th. You gonna have brakes on by then?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #34
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Haha, after much consideration I settled on your setup, I figured it will give me the most bang for the buck for what I need right now

I'll think about going on the 18th... It may be a better idea. Thanks for all the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Nah come Button on the 18th with us instead. The Performance clinic is on the 17th so you're good. lulz

You too Sean, Button 18th. You gonna have brakes on by then?
You guys both come with me to Big Willow on the 17th, and I should also be able to go to Button on the 18th hehe.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #35
thorny
Captain
thorny's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
You guys both come with me to Big Willow on the 17th, and I should also be able to go to Button on the 18th hehe.
I still decided to sign up for the PDC in Button, I want to start with my home track and dont kill myself on the first try Once I know what I am doing, there will be Big Willow, Laguna Seca, etc.. If I still have 4 wheels after the PDC, I'll go again on 18th
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST