BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
OneEighty
View Poll Results: How much do you spend on your girlfriend? Pick one for monthly, one for gift.
$50-$200 47 43.12%
$201-$400 31 28.44%
$401-$600 8 7.34%
$601-$800 4 3.67%
$801-$1000 13 11.93%
Gifts - $50 or less; for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary 6 5.50%
Gifts - $100 or less; for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary 13 11.93%
Gifts - $300 or less; for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary 21 19.27%
Gifts - $500 or less; for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary 13 11.93%
Gifts - $1000 or less; for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary 17 15.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
65

 
jasonn's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 4,234
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
How Much do You Spend on Your Boyfriend or Girlfriend? per Month...for Gifts...etc

Just curious!

For monthly, please include all expenses: food/random gifts/etc. Remember to divide eating out by 2.

For gift section, please consider only, birthdays, Christmas, Anniversary, etc.

Desired Sample:
  • at least one year or serious relationship, obviously if you don't care about the person, spending any amount is already too much.
  • income bracket under $65k. obviously mo' money mo' spending.
__________________

2013 991 (mod diary)
2007 335i (sold)
2004 745i (sold)

Last edited by jasonn; 11-29-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
35

 
e90fun's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335i e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA / Santa Rosa, CA


Posts: 1,683
iTrader: (14)

I usually dont buy gifts for the girly unless its a special occasion like b-day or xmas.

the special occasion gifts are usually total up to around 200-300 each occasion (she likes bunch of little small things and not one thing like just a purse).

for normal months, spending on two of us is just going out and watching movies and what not. usually less than 400 or something a month.

This is coming from:
  • 2 year relationship, living together so sorta shared income but not really...
  • being a college student, salary blows.. lucky to get 30g a year.(i work wage + comm.)
__________________
Stock 08` Alpine White E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Year's_End
RWD only.
United_States
319

 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL


Posts: 12,326
iTrader: (0)

Picked wrong...probably $300-400 when you factor going out to eat twice a week, four weeks a month; and that's including the fact that she's very insistent on being an open-minded 21st century couple, so tabs should be split 50/50 (or we take turns treating each other). Love that about her.

Typically cap gifts around the $150 point.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
65

 
jasonn's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 4,234
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
I usually dont buy gifts for the girly unless its a special occasion like b-day or xmas.

the special occasion gifts are usually total up to around 200-300 each occasion (she likes bunch of little small things and not one thing like just a purse).

for normal months, spending on two of us is just going out and watching movies and what not. usually less than 400 or something a month.

This is coming from:
  • 2 year relationship, living together so sorta shared income but not really...
  • being a college student, salary blows.. lucky to get 30g a year.(i work wage + comm.)
Hey thanks for sharing! My monthly expenditure also mostly eating out and movies. I feel very uncreative lmao. Tried mini golfing. It was over very quickly hahaha.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Picked wrong...probably $300-400 when you factor going out to eat twice a week, four weeks a month; and that's including the fact that she's very insistent on being an open-minded 21st century couple, so tabs should be split 50/50 (or we take turns treating each other). Love that about her.

Typically cap gifts around the $150 point.
Damn! $300-$400 + splitting bill! That means you'd be at $6-$800 if you paid for it all! What's your income bracket if you don't mind? PM if you'd like. Thank you
__________________

2013 991 (mod diary)
2007 335i (sold)
2004 745i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
Russian Federation
50

 
Drives: 2011 SG e90 335d
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 3,247
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to koreez88
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #6
E90SoFlo
Banned
53

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

I did the gift one wrong cause I'm fail, 200-300 month / -500 gifts
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #7
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
4

 
Oregano123's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota


Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Oregano123
there's no option for $1,000+ ??

i pay alimony of about 130k each year
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #8
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
65

 
jasonn's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA


Posts: 4,234
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregano123 View Post
there's no option for $1,000+ ??

i pay alimony of about 130k each year
hahaha you are outside my desired sample ^_^;
__________________

2013 991 (mod diary)
2007 335i (sold)
2004 745i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
117

 
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.


Posts: 9,259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregano123 View Post
there's no option for $1,000+ ??

i pay alimony of about 130k each year
WTF!?!?!? I wish I could afford those kind of "troubles"




I don't even have a clue what monthly things add up to because it's always so random. And I buy my wife gifts anywhere from $1.00 to a couple thousand lol. But yea nothing is set in stone as far as gifts/expenses so...
__________________
Boopie*Motorwerks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
64

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregano123 View Post
there's no option for $1,000+ ??

i pay alimony of about 130k each year
Unless you are still dating your ex - how is this relevant to this thread?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
Sara504
Lieutenant General
United_States
340

 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA


Posts: 17,680
iTrader: (6)

Single
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
jpsum
Major
United_States
45

 
jpsum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area


Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (4)

Where is the $0 option? This poll is flawed.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
4

 
matthewk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX


Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

This quesiton should be asking for net cashflow. Your expenditures on her should be reduced as she spends on yo, if things are equal the number should be zero. If you have a high positive net spending on your girlfriend, it's likely you're the chump buying your girlfriends affections or you're being taken advantage of. (Year's End got this one right)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
45

 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Around $400-600 a month, divided by two.

Usual Nights out between us are anywhere from $30-100 and we go out often. Gifts however, we cap at $100-200.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
carve
Major
29

 
carve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: usa


Posts: 1,098
iTrader: (0)

Pro tip: If you have to buy presents to keep her happy, do not become legally attached.

I started dating my wife at 18. I'd get her things now and then...x-mas...b-day...seldom over $100. After marriage, we realized it's both of our money and just generally get what we need when we need it, and what we want when it's fiscally appropriate. We don't believe in obligatory gifts for each other.. We're conservative, but when we splurge, it's a biggie...like taking a year off to travel around the world big.

It really wasn't that different when we were dating. I think one of the reasons I married her is when I took her out to dinner once when we first started dating. I got out my wallet to pay and she said "This is the 90's " and picked it up. Keeper. I was 18 then and 34 now- still together after almost half my lifetime so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
4

 
matthewk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX


Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Pro tip: If you have to buy presents to keep her happy, do not become legally attached.

I started dating my wife at 18. I'd get her things now and then...x-mas...b-day...seldom over $100. After marriage, we realized it's both of our money and just generally get what we need when we need it, and what we want when it's fiscally appropriate. We don't believe in obligatory gifts for each other.. We're conservative, but when we splurge, it's a biggie...like taking a year off to travel around the world big.

It really wasn't that different when we were dating. I think one of the reasons I married her is when I took her out to dinner once when we first started dating. I got out my wallet to pay and she said "This is the 90's " and picked it up. Keeper. I was 18 then and 34 now- still together after almost half my lifetime so far.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
28

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL


Posts: 1,692
iTrader: (2)

$0

Like a boss
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
ideliver
Major
45

 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station


Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Unless you are still dating your ex - how is this relevant to this thread?
lighten up....Francis
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
Turkeybaster115
Banned
31

 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois


Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (2)

It's interesting to see what the market rate for the legal whores is at. For some of the money being dropped on here, there better be some PIITB action going on!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
61

 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Drives: Lion
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Federal Way, WA


Posts: 2,245
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 M5  [5.00]
0
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #21
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
117

 
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.


Posts: 9,259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Single
So are a lot of PORN STARS........
__________________
Boopie*Motorwerks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #22
ejazbmw
blahhh
91

 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY


Posts: 6,350
iTrader: (7)

asian girls are so expensive smh
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST