BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #45
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (7)

im not a fan of audis but i also saw a rs4 this past weekend and it gave awhole alotta respect towards audi....
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #46
18LLC
Major General
 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

Posts: 5,079
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
dont forget he had 3 other people in the car, plus him...easy 6-800lbs on TOP of the 4000lb curb weight.

Makes me wonder what my 335 can hold against one...
your 335 is made for s4, new m3 will make for rs4. I think.
__________________
18LLC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 04:16 AM   #47
hj058
Lieutenant Colonel
 
hj058's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

Posts: 1,961
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via MSN to hj058
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
chrome sideview mirrors bud, watch for those in your rearview mirror

oh and you meant 1.8T (now 2.0T), right?
ya true look for chrome sideview mirrors..BUT many A4s put chrome sideview mirrors...and they become s4 or rs4s...
the more weird thing is there is a local A4 (i am 1000000%sure he is A4) put chrome mirrors...RS4 rims...and RS4 badge...first time seeing it was wow RS4 but after few seconds..i realized its just a A4 and thinking himself is a RS4
i kind of wanting to ask him....WHERE IS THE WIDEBODY BUD
__________________
F30 335i Xdrive Black Msport
E92 335i Black/black (Missed)
hj058 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #48
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
 
Drives: B7 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Meh! I have an RS4 and would definetly get rid of it if I could. Driving that car is like playing Ridge Racer. So capable yet so remote. 95% of the time driving it, it's just an A4 the other 5% it's MONSTROUSLY capable, but a total bore. My next car will be a Ranault Megane R26 F1 and a Lotus Exige, cars you can have fun with at ANY speed.
RussianM3_dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 05:06 AM   #49
RaptorKTM
Colonel
 
RaptorKTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 M Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
dont forget he had 3 other people in the car, plus him...easy 6-800lbs on TOP of the 4000lb curb weight.

Makes me wonder what my 335 can hold against one...
they cant. thats just truth. but being a bmw driver myself and audi there is no question bmw are way over confident as to what the cars are capable of. I mean the M6 seems like the ultimate sports car and cant walk and rs4. sad part is it really doesnt. it may be faster but the rs4 just blows fumes in its face in confort, handling, everything. thats just honest truth
RaptorKTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 05:08 AM   #50
RaptorKTM
Colonel
 
RaptorKTM's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 M Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
Meh! I have an RS4 and would definetly get rid of it if I could. Driving that car is like playing Ridge Racer. So capable yet so remote. 95% of the time driving it, it's just an A4 the other 5% it's MONSTROUSLY capable, but a total bore. My next car will be a Ranault Megane R26 F1 and a Lotus Exige, cars you can have fun with at ANY speed.
dude u dont like the car because it has the TSB recall on the clutch unit which makes it very stiff to drive. take it in and fix it. my car is in service for that now. also if you think an upgrade is a lotus exige then ur making a big mistake. Also don't forget the M3 is a 335 with quad exhaust and widened flared fenders. body kit. same shit with the audi. so don't make bmw seems any better cause its the same shit
RaptorKTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #51
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
 
Drives: B7 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

I don't like it because it is an answer to a question nobody asked "can we take a road car that is very compromised for sport driving and make it post good numbers in a magazine."

Well, Audi succeeded. However it's a car that is nothing special in daily driving and not really suited to the track. My old M3 was much more fun even at low speeds. If the RS4 is supposed to be the most fun Audi ever... regular Audis must be utter rubbish if you like to drive. My BMW 130MSport had better stering feel and had just as much low down performance (for city driving).

Also I think the gears a WAAAYYYYYY long. Do you agree?
RussianM3_dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #52
dmboone25
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,257
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
I don't like it because it is an answer to a question nobody asked "can we take a road car that is very compromised for sport driving and make it post good numbers in a magazine."

Well, Audi succeeded. However it's a car that is nothing special in daily driving and not really suited to the track. My old M3 was much more fun even at low speeds. If the RS4 is supposed to be the most fun Audi ever... regular Audis must be utter rubbish if you like to drive. My BMW 130MSport had better stering feel and had just as much low down performance (for city driving).

Also I think the gears a WAAAYYYYYY long. Do you agree?
Its interesting that you mention the "fun" factor of the M3 vs. RS4--I have heard this mentioned many times when a comparison of the two is being discussed. Most of what I have seen and heard gives the M# the edge overall due to the "fun" factor. Not sure how you measure or quantify that, but I think I know what you're getting at.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #53
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRS4 View Post
they cant. thats just truth. but being a bmw driver myself and audi there is no question bmw are way over confident as to what the cars are capable of. I mean the M6 seems like the ultimate sports car and cant walk and rs4. sad part is it really doesnt. it may be faster but the rs4 just blows fumes in its face in confort, handling, everything. thats just honest truth

Since you are a member of the M5board SoCalRS4, there are some vids on the way......the RS4 is at the back of the pack losing to things like the ML63. Quattro really sucks the life out of the engine at high speeds.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #54
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
 
Drives: B7 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

At low speeds too. Quatro is for people who don't know how to properly design suspension. Ferrari and BMW are RWD. Lambo and Audi are AWD. I tried a 599GTB and it was easy to drive very fast despite RWD, but a Murci NEEDS AWD to stay on the road.
RussianM3_dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST