BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
224
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (14)

NASA @ TWS This Weekend 11/26-27

Anyone else going?
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Tptboy
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Red Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

I wanted to on Sunday but they closed registration before I could get to it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
224
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (14)

^Is this Tony? Welcome to the board!
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Tptboy
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Red Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Yes it is I! I had a great time yesterday! I am glad they could fit me in. Good to meet you
Richard. I received your email and I will be in touch.

BTW...on my way home last night the oil light on the car indicated I was a quart down in oil. Is that normal for a track day?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
41
Rep
3,572
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tptboy View Post
Yes it is I! I had a great time yesterday! I am glad they could fit me in. Good to meet you
Richard. I received your email and I will be in touch.

BTW...on my way home last night the oil light on the car indicated I was a quart down in oil. Is that normal for a track day?

for your car it is...


it's very possible that you were low before the event and this just came up because it got low enough to trigger the light.. .... or.. it could be that your car does consume some oil .... Basically.. you would have to do another event and find out. if the car does consume some oil while on the track... that's not really unexpected.. if you were losing a LOT of oil... then maybe cause for concern... but even if you lost a full quart over a weekend... it wouldn't be worth getting alarmed over.
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
gobuffs
Captain
8
Rep
614
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3 S65 (race car)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

How many people did they end up having?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
224
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (14)

On Sunday I'd say about 50 cars.
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Tptboy
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Red Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
for your car it is...


it's very possible that you were low before the event and this just came up because it got low enough to trigger the light.. .... or.. it could be that your car does consume some oil .... Basically.. you would have to do another event and find out. if the car does consume some oil while on the track... that's not really unexpected.. if you were losing a LOT of oil... then maybe cause for concern... but even if you lost a full quart over a weekend... it wouldn't be worth getting alarmed over.
Thanks, I feel a little better about it. The dealer was not surprised at all when I pulled up to buy some oil this morning. They had a guy ready to pour some in for me. He said it is a daily ritual for him. I may opt for the extended warranty...

Last edited by Tptboy; 11-28-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
224
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tptboy View Post
Thanks, I feel a little better about it. The dealer was not surprised at all when I pulled up to buy some oil this morning. They had a guy ready to pour some in for me. He said it is a daily ritual for him. I may opt for the extended warranty...
How many miles do you have on your car?
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Tptboy
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Red Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Turned 37000 this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
frankzlin79's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
1,619
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (5)

There's no need to buy oil from the dealer. When I'm low on oil, I just pull into my nearest dealership (no appointment needed), and they will top me off for free.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
Tptboy
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Red Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, they filled it for free but I bought a quart to have in the car for weekend road trips...or track days.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST