BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #89
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ilia@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,163
iTrader: (3)

We are still waiting for news from M24 at present. M24 has a short week this week due to the Essen show which has slowed them down somewhat, but we should see a final version developed very soon. I'd expect more news in the next 1-2 weeks.
__________________
Ilia@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #90
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,323
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
We are still waiting for news from M24 at present. M24 has a short week this week due to the Essen show which has slowed them down somewhat, but we should see a final version developed very soon. I'd expect more news in the next 1-2 weeks.
Excellent Ilia! Please keep this thread up to date!!!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #91
N8dawg
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Petersburg, Florida

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

IND can you confirm if the engine needs to be dropped for these headers to fit?
N8dawg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #92
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Excellent Ilia! Please keep this thread up to date!!!
+1 Brother

From This:

Name:  dscn0632nb7.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  121.4 KB

To This:

Name:  6345014805_af820fb801_b.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  138.5 KB

Seems like a no-Brainer
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #93
Tianzo
New Member
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Singapore

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
+1 Brother

From This:

Attachment 614627

To This:

Attachment 614628

Seems like a no-Brainer
Really interested in these Headers if they make the supposed powers but my eyes could be playing tricks with me, but the Stock Headers looks more straight forward than the M24 Setup. I always thought that a more straight forward Header will allow more free-flowing exhaust gases and would be more optimal for Power? Please do correct me if i am mistaken. Thank you
Tianzo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #94
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Peciek View Post
We've seen many vendors get beat by the headers. What makes these any different than what's already been tried and not shown any gains?
I hear you. We'll just have to wait and see the results. The good news is they're not being marketed by any of the known dyno frauds (I was going to include names but didn't feel like seeing "Occupy Kyoshi" for the rest of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianzo View Post
Really interested in these Headers if they make the supposed powers but my eyes could be playing tricks with me, but the Stock Headers looks more straight forward than the M24 Setup. I always thought that a more straight forward Header will allow more free-flowing exhaust gases and would be more optimal for Power? Please do correct me if i am mistaken. Thank you
Not necessarily. Having tubes that are more equal-in-length is one of the most important features a set of headers can have (actually, it's important on the intake and the exhaust [individual throttles ]. Also, straighter tubes don't always yield the best exhaust. Free-flowing is great at high rpms but what if the cost of that is a major torque dip at low rpms (which is very common when you play with tube diameter). It has to be a blend of back pressure where you need it and free-flow where that's needed. We'll see with these when they hit the dyno. How much impact will they have on a stock S65? Probably marginal.

The real question is how much impact they will have on Phil's beast with an ESS Blower!
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax

Last edited by Kyoshi71; 12-02-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #95
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ilia@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,163
iTrader: (3)

Yes Phil, your original headers are very broken and continued use could be extremely hazardous.
__________________
Ilia@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #96
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post


Dear f@cking lord... I can't wait! I'm planning to tell my wife that my current stock headers are broken and I need to replace them with these... Ilia, back me up on this.
Nice
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #97
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,975
iTrader: (5)

RD Sport makes large tube headers for the stroker motors. Only one stroker made 408whp, while all others made between 395-403whp on the Dynojet. A stroker with factory headers made 403whp. I'm not seeing any benefit even on a stroker.
Dinan has been working on headers for more than a year. Still haven't seen them hit the market.
Gintani made large tube headers an who knows what happened to them. One car hit the drags with them and didn't do anything spectacular.
Evolve went through some headers designs and I believe they finally gave up too after concluding there's no real gains to be made there.
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #98
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Sub
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #99
CBS
Major
 
CBS's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535, E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [4.88]
2008 X5  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post


Dear f@cking lord... I can't wait! I'm planning to tell my wife that my current stock headers are broken and I need to replace them with these... Ilia, back me up on this.

Philip You are Hilarious!!! I've got your back man! Matter of fact, I may use this myself.
__________________

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R6 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
CBS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #100
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,323
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
RD Sport makes large tube headers for the stroker motors. Only one stroker made 408whp, while all others made between 395-403whp on the Dynojet. A stroker with factory headers made 403whp. I'm not seeing any benefit even on a stroker.
Dinan has been working on headers for more than a year. Still haven't seen them hit the market.
Gintani made large tube headers an who knows what happened to them. One car hit the drags with them and didn't do anything spectacular.
Evolve went through some headers designs and I believe they finally gave up too after concluding there's no real gains to be made there.
I guess only time will tell if 24 Motorsport made power with these!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #101
mahmud///M
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 E92 Jerez Black
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wild blue yonder

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Philip You are Hilarious!!! I've got your back man! Matter of fact, I may use this myself.
Come to think of it.... so many things are broken on this car.
This
mahmud///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #102
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Come to think of it.... so many things are broken on this car.
And you think she really doesn't know?????

All of your invoices and credit card bills are being directly C.C.ed to the divorce attorney just in case you give her a hard time the next time you're on 5th ave in Manhattan!!!
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #103
CBS
Major
 
CBS's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 535, E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [4.88]
2008 X5  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [5.00]
A Possible News Report:

United States: BMW announced today they were investigating numerous reports of "Broken Headers" on their S65 equipped M3. Surprisingly all problems were rectified with the addition of Motorsport 24 headers.
__________________

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R6 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
CBS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #104
Alex@Autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Alex@Autocouture's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ny

Posts: 3,350
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
My wife and daughter are getting a horse for xmas... I'm good for a while.



I'll have my graphic designer make it look official... and my SA will hand that bulletin to my wife when she is getting the snows put on. But now we have to burn this thread....
lmao.
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring | 15-01 Pollitt Drive St. 6, Fair Lawn NJ 07410
201.666.3500 | Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Alex@Autocouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #105
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
A Possible News Report:

United States: BMW announced today they were investigating numerous reports of "Broken Headers" on their S65 equipped M3. Surprisingly all problems were rectified with the addition of Motorsport 24 headers.
i've heard this as well... i just need a copy of the bulletin to prove it.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #106
swhat
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '11 MW E92
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 460
iTrader: (1)

updates?
swhat is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #107
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
RD Sport makes large tube headers for the stroker motors. Only one stroker made 408whp, while all others made between 395-403whp on the Dynojet. A stroker with factory headers made 403whp.
Not true. My car with the RD motor and headers+exhaust put down 421.7whp on a Mustang Dyno.
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #108
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,975
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Not true. My car with the RD motor and headers+exhaust put down 421.7whp on a Mustang Dyno.
Care to share your Dyno with us ?
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #109
mahmud///M
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 E92 Jerez Black
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wild blue yonder

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Updates?
mahmud///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #110
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
And you think she really doesn't know?????

All of your invoices and credit card bills are being directly C.C.ed to the divorce attorney just in case you give her a hard time the next time you're on 5th ave in Manhattan!!!
so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
A Possible News Report:

United States: BMW announced today they were investigating numerous reports of "Broken Headers" on their S65 equipped M3. Surprisingly all problems were rectified with the addition of Motorsport 24 headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
My wife and daughter are getting a horse for xmas... I'm good for a while.



I'll have my graphic designer make it look official... and my SA will hand that bulletin to my wife when she is getting the snows put on. But now we have to burn this thread....

you guys are funny !

whatever happened to the ( with wife beater shirt on ) shut TF up and don't tell me what to do...
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST