BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

New and awesome Samsung commercial

"If it looks the same, how will people know I upgraded" lmao

cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
 
Tondtar's Avatar
 
Drives: His Mom Crazy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: El Lay

Posts: 884
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Not an Apple fan boi here ....me lieky
Tondtar is offline   Vanuatu
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fargo ND

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

hahahahhaahhahahahah fucking love it
BMWinNorthdakota is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,691
iTrader: (2)

LMAO!! I love it.
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

lol, good one Samsung.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Q4P
Colonel
 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World

Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

haha, you're a barista lol
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Q4P is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)



Sounds like me when I first jumped ship to SG2..
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,956
iTrader: (4)

lol nice
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

They just posted another one

cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,263
iTrader: (0)

I just got my first touchscreen smartphone (iPhone 4S) and I can't figure out why all these stupid fucks are debating about which phone is best. You seriously can't go wrong with any of the choices on the market.

The Droid fanbois are just as bad as the Apple phags. Pick a phone based on your favorite user interface. I got an iPhone due to personal preferences, not because I wanted the screen that was slightly bigger or the whatever-feature that's X% faster.

It's like arguing about game consoles, except for grown people. So tired of it.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I just got my first touchscreen smartphone (iPhone 4S) and I can't figure out why all these stupid fucks are debating about which phone is best. You seriously can't go wrong with any of the choices on the market.

The Droid fanbois are just as bad as the Apple phags. Pick a phone based on your favorite user interface. I got an iPhone due to personal preferences, not because I wanted the screen that was slightly bigger or the whatever-feature that's X% faster.

It's like arguing about game consoles, except for grown people. So tired of it.
That is like BMW fan boys that rather have a M3 over a GTR.

There will be fan boys for everything.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
That is like BMW fan boys that rather have a M3 over a GTR.

There will be fan boys for everything.
How about we all just stop being derogatory and realize that people like different things and have their own opinion. If a fan boy is someone who likes something just because they like it, then we have a word for that already. It's called preference.

The term fan-boy itself was coined by people with a chip on their shoulder.

(Btw, what do you have against the M3? It's every bit a great car, speed isn't everything.)
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
immiketoo
Colonel
 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

It's a phone. As such it will be obsolete in a year no matter what kind it is. Who cares?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
immiketoo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,784
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
That is like BMW fan boys that rather have a M3 over a GTR.

There will be fan boys for everything.
I don't know why people compare a 70k car to a 90k car

:/
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
cloakster
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I just got my first touchscreen smartphone (iPhone 4S) and I can't figure out why all these stupid fucks are debating about which phone is best. You seriously can't go wrong with any of the choices on the market.

The Droid fanbois are just as bad as the Apple phags. Pick a phone based on your favorite user interface. I got an iPhone due to personal preferences, not because I wanted the screen that was slightly bigger or the whatever-feature that's X% faster.

It's like arguing about game consoles, except for grown people. So tired of it.
The problem is, very few iPhone owners are like you. Most of them just buy it cuz it has the Apple logo on it.
cloakster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #16
BayMoWe335
Major
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I don't know why people compare a 70k car to a 90k car

:/
And you don't even have to spend $70k on the M3. Hard to get a GTR for even $90k. Sick car, different price band and different level of performance too.
BayMoWe335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #17
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I don't know why people compare a 70k car to a 90k car

:/
The 2012 GTR is well over $110,000 out the door. I'm in the process of buying one.
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #18
BayMoWe335
Major
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
The 2012 GTR is well over $110,000 out the door. I'm in the process of buying one.
See, this was my point. An M3 is really a $60,000 car that can be optioned. You really can't even get a GTR for less than $100k and perhaps $110k according to you.

Plus, people don't like hearing this, but Nissan can subsidize their supercar with the millions of econ-boxes they sell. The GTR is just a brand enchancer that they probably lose money producing.

Ferrari doesn't have to sell cheap supercars because they only make high end cars with big price tags Why? People will pay $250,000 for a Ferrari. Nissan makes everything from cheap crap to the amazing GTR. Still, people wouldn't be lining up to pay $250,000 for a Nissan. They will for a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Aston Martin.

I'm not bagging on Nissan or the GTR because it's a great car that can match up against basically anything on the planet for cheaper. Instead, I'm simply pointing out that Nissan's model is entirely different from other "supercar" manufacturers and thus the cheapness of it is for reasons I listed above. It's not that Ferrari couldn't produce a cheaper car in their lineup with similar performance; it's that they don't have to.
BayMoWe335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
 
chungdae's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 701
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
See, this was my point. An M3 is really a $60,000 car that can be optioned. You really can't even get a GTR for less than $100k and perhaps $110k according to you.

Plus, people don't like hearing this, but Nissan can subsidize their supercar with the millions of econ-boxes they sell. The GTR is just a brand enchancer that they probably lose money producing.

Ferrari doesn't have to sell cheap supercars because they only make high end cars with big price tags Why? People will pay $250,000 for a Ferrari. Nissan makes everything from cheap crap to the amazing GTR. Still, people wouldn't be lining up to pay $250,000 for a Nissan. They will for a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Aston Martin.

I'm not bagging on Nissan or the GTR because it's a great car that can match up against basically anything on the planet for cheaper. Instead, I'm simply pointing out that Nissan's model is entirely different from other "supercar" manufacturers and thus the cheapness of it is for reasons I listed above. It's not that Ferrari couldn't produce a cheaper car in their lineup with similar performance; it's that they don't have to.
I agree.
__________________
2001 Audi S4: RIP
2008, Infiniti G37S: Traded
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
chungdae is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST