BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
antrot
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto/Vaughan

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up FS 2008 335i ONLY 35kms Mint...NEED GONE FAST

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611053
CHECK LINK FOR PICS

335i Sparkling Graphite Metallic Sedan Please PM or email ajrotondo@gmail.com
Canadian Car
Non Smoker
Very low kms.....35 500kms

Original BMW Warranty until March 2012
Plus tire, rim, windshield and dent warranty until March 2012 TWO BRAND NEW TIRES ADDED THIS WEEK!!!


Full set of M6 snow tires with only 10k on them

Front splitters and rear M3 trunk spoiler perfect fit and paint match (NOT PARTING OUT)
NO MODS, NEVER RACED OR TRACKED......Daily Driver

6 speed Automatic with Steptronic
iPod and USB Adapter
Power Sunroof
Heated Black Leatherette Seats
Power Features
All power options Doors, Windows, Heated Mirrors, Seats, Sunroof and trunk
Reverse tilt passenger mirror
Memorized settings includes climate control
Memorized settings for 2 drivers

Comfort
Interior active charcoal air filter
Dual zone climate controls - driver and passenger
Extended cabin heating
Cooled storage compartment
Leather steering wheel


Working on deal for 2011 coupe.... So need gone ASAP by NOV 25 hopefully


Look online and compare
Highest priced is 40k 38 000 kms
Lowest 25 k with 75k plus kms
Similar km cars average are $35k+ at dealers

PRICE..... $33, 750 OBO Please PM or email ajrotondo@gmail.com
Dont worry about taxes can be worked out to help buyer....
antrot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Type-S
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E92 M3/E82 1M
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

in your other thread you mentioned that your price is 33k tax in? Just wondering how you're doing that?
Type-S is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Prince_of_Persia
0
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,382
iTrader: (1)

I really doubt you can sell that for more than 28-29k
GLWS
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
antrot
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto/Vaughan

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

In essence I'm looking for 30k for the car which is fair. With taxes it works out to be about 33900 give or take

Not sure why someone would want to buy from dealer and pay mark up of up to 6000 more. Ive seen similar at dealer for 39k without tax
Also seen 328 xi sedan for about 37k without tax
If someone wants to pay 8k premium at dealer plus taxes go ahead....
It is in showroom condition and kms are amazing
Thanks for ur feedback
antrot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Prince_of_Persia
0
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,382
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrot View Post
In essence I'm looking for 30k for the car which is fair. With taxes it works out to be about 33900 give or take

Not sure why someone would want to buy from dealer and pay mark up of up to 6000 more. Ive seen similar at dealer for 39k without tax
Also seen 328 xi sedan for about 37k without tax
If someone wants to pay 8k premium at dealer plus taxes go ahead....
It is in showroom condition and kms are amazing
Thanks for ur feedback
Because then it will be a CPO with 2 extra years warranty, especially for a 335i which has a lot of problems.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
bobblehead
0
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,745
iTrader: (0)

I also think yours is worth around the $28K range, esp. factory warranty will run out in about 3 months time. $29K would be the absolute top range, given low km.

Few other factors working against you right now. Yours is a RWD, we are in winter months now, buyer is looking for AWD, mostly. Secondly, very good factory & dealer discounts on the leftover MY2011. Thirdly, the MY 2012 (at least the RWD) would be here in about 6 months time and yours will go down even more (as your car is officially considered to be a 4 year old as it would be valued at around $25K or so at that time) once it's actually sitting in the showroom, although those people buying the new gen will not get a big discount when it arrives.

If you indeed get your asking price of $33K, the buyer will have to pay taxes on top of that, thereby the real price to the buyer is $37K ... not your intrepretation of $30K+taxes = $33K.

Lastly, we all know the dealer will ask for the sky when it comes to used CPOs but asking & getting is a totally different story. The typical markup can be in the $6 - $9K range for a typical 3s.

Last edited by bobblehead; 11-23-2011 at 07:41 AM.
bobblehead is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
antrot
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto/Vaughan

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Just to clarify the asking is 30k with taxes works out to 34k. I see your logic however with the model coming out and probably no incentives to push them out people may be inclined be buy used. I understand the whole logic and depreciation idea...... Frankly tho i have not seen an 08 335i sedan both private and dealer with similar kms priced at 28 or 29 ESP cpo. So based on that 30k in IMO a pretty good deal. Also many people do not want or care for warranty that is up to the buyer.
My way if they buy it they are still fully covered till march and if they choose can purchase extended warranty.
If u look at 50 kms plus, then ya u can Get a 335 for 25k plus taxes however with 125kms. So the 25k car has 6years of wear and tear kms 125kms assuming 20 per year. While mine has 1.5 years of realistic wear and tear based on kms. So if a 5grand diff is to much. Then good luck to the person taking care of issues on a car with 125k and no chance of getting extended warranty. Even on 100 kms or 70 kms. The small premium of getting a daily driver car with little kms and so well maintained IMO offsets a 4000savings on lower priced cars and prices it accordingly to an xi model.
antrot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
Prince_of_Persia
0
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,382
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrot View Post
Just to clarify the asking is 30k with taxes works out to 34k. I see your logic however with the model coming out and probably no incentives to push them out people may be inclined be buy used. I understand the whole logic and depreciation idea...... Frankly tho i have not seen an 08 335i sedan both private and dealer with similar kms priced at 28 or 29 ESP cpo. So based on that 30k in IMO a pretty good deal. Also many people do not want or care for warranty that is up to the buyer.
My way if they buy it they are still fully covered till march and if they choose can purchase extended warranty.
If u look at 50 kms plus, then ya u can Get a 335 for 25k plus taxes however with 125kms. So the 25k car has 6years of wear and tear kms 125kms assuming 20 per year. While mine has 1.5 years of realistic wear and tear based on kms. So if a 5grand diff is to much. Then good luck to the person taking care of issues on a car with 125k and no chance of getting extended warranty. Even on 100 kms or 70 kms. The small premium of getting a daily driver car with little kms and so well maintained IMO offsets a 4000savings on lower priced cars and prices it accordingly to an xi model.
Again I hope you can sell it quickly, but as the above post, asking price and actual price that customers end up paying at the end for CPO cars are so different. For my case, I got free winter tires + free M3 rims for my winter tires + around $10k less than what they were asking. And this is for an M3 which is more rare than a 335i. Although I paid all cash.

GLWS
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
604
0
Private First Class
 
604's Avatar
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 604 Bay Area

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Because then it will be a CPO with 2 extra years warranty, especially for a 335i which has a lot of problems.
+1
__________________
604 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Ottawarealtor
0
Enlisted Member
 
Ottawarealtor's Avatar
 
Drives: 09'535ix
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

I don't see the point of dissecting the OP's asking price if you have no intent on buying.The dude is trying to sell what looks like a decent 335,cut him some slack
Ottawarealtor is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
antrot
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto/Vaughan

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawarealtor View Post
I don't see the point of dissecting the OP's asking price if you have no intent on buying.The dude is trying to sell what looks like a decent 335,cut him some slack
Thanks for your support Ottawarealtor.. not sure why so many haters

Just to comment on a few points everyone is making....

prince of persia, bobblehead, 604......

Ive been watching a few local cars at local BMW dealers and even used car dealers...this idea of CPO selling for less then actual price is TRUE however only by about $2000....Just saw a 2008 328xi list at 38,700 and sold at 36 2000 NOT INCLUDING TAXES and not CPO!!!! so 335i CPO will not be dropped a lot unless they are dieing to move it out..

so 36200 plus taxes is...... 40 906!!! And lets remember not CPO
So Just like my car is not RARE like an M3 neither is a 328 which sold for almost 41k

Called for an 08 335i sedan priced at 27500 sold for 27000 no taxes with 89kms NO WARRANTY

So my asking of 30K and 34k at max with taxes makes a diff of 7k and for a non 335i non CPO. So.. if people are willing to pay 7000 more for a 328 then im not that crazy asking 30k...

Will I get 30k....maybe maybe not....but someone who wants this car and appreciates its condition and what they are getting will think its a steal IMO and pay this amount or even more.....

If you want a 25-28k 335i good luck with kms in the 80-150kms range no warranty and with a car that APPARENTLY HAS LOTS OF PROBLEMS.

SO if you think pricing my car at 28k with 36kms with cars next to it priced at 25-27 with double and triple the kms with NO WARRANTY then go for it.

Im not willing to devalue the car and price it so low people think the car has been wrapped around a pole or a total lemon or a scam.....
Dealers are looking to make MAKE money not LOSE money....Im just looking to sell my car for a reasonable amount at what I think its worth and not turn around business profits.....
Thats just my two cents........
antrot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #12
Prince_of_Persia
0
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,382
iTrader: (1)

Not hater, trying to help u get rid of it quickly. Again good luck
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
TailHappyM3
0
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 534
iTrader: (0)

Persia,

You have posted many times about your perceived value of CPO as if it's a must and completely worth the upcharge. Let me tell you without a doubt CPO is nothing more than a marketing scam and this comes from people inside the business. Very often those CPO cars are not checked out to the extent you think and the coverage is also very limited and nothing close to the original warranty or a good extended one.

I once saw a E46 M3 with the CPO tag in front of the BMW Gallery store with the wider back wheels in the front! I went to tell the salesmen this and only then did anyone notice this. LOL
TailHappyM3 is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #14
Prince_of_Persia
0
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,382
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailHappyM3 View Post
Persia,

You have posted many times about your perceived value of CPO as if it's a must and completely worth the upcharge. Let me tell you without a doubt CPO is nothing more than a marketing scam and this comes from people inside the business. Very often those CPO cars are not checked out to the extent you think and the coverage is also very limited and nothing close to the original warranty or a good extended one.

I once saw a E46 M3 with the CPO tag in front of the BMW Gallery store with the wider back wheels in the front! I went to tell the salesmen this and only then did anyone notice this. LOL
Thai,
For me, the 2 extra yrs warranty is important, and it covers the major parts of my car which is enough for me. After my last car, the only thing I want is owning another BMW without warranty. If you had bad experience with a CPO, it doesnt mean everyone should have it too
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
veightkiller
0
Brigadier General
 
veightkiller's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver,B.C

Posts: 4,154
iTrader: (3)

Goodluck with the sale i still think it's decent deal im pretty sure tax can be worked out aswell and if im buying it i wouldn't care about the warranty if im going to mod the car.



my .02
veightkiller is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #16
bulldog x6
0
Major General
 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

Posts: 5,023
iTrader: (28)

pricing is in line with recent comps - GLWS!
bulldog x6 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Giccy
0
Captain
 
Giccy's Avatar
 
Drives: like he has much to learn
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 681
iTrader: (1)

Call me ignorant, but how can taxes be "worked out"? Aren't you limited to the MTO's stated wholesale value? pm if you don't want to state publiclly
Giccy is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #18
antrot
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 11 335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto/Vaughan

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Call me ignorant, but how can taxes be "worked out"? Aren't you limited to the MTO's stated wholesale value? pm if you don't want to state publiclly
pm sent.... and yes you are limited but in the case of the vehicle being in technically way better then what wholesale is basing off of.. PRICED taxing can be scaled down closer to wholesale.

Persia I understand your logic in having a warranty on the car.... however having the dealer sell you a CPO DOES NOT guarantee anything.
In the past week Ive been at BMW twice and overheard two people complaining how their car was CPO and now they having these problems that CPO inspection should have uncovered......so really how much diff is there from buying used and CPO..not to mention my car is fully warranted until March with the possibility to extend and prob pay a lot less because of low kms.... maybe new owner wants to mod the hell out of this stock car and doesnt want warranty.

Fore Warranty is crucial because I dont mod(YET).....however as mentioned CPO is nothing more than a MARKETING guarantee that this 1000 point inspection has been performed and the car is in pristine condition..... BS
I saw an M3 in showroom with CPO with repainted front bumper...shouldnt the car be completely original knowing the fact that no one will probably know why the bumper was repainted....could have been in undocumented accident...who knows right?
IMO dealers are in business and will shoot you wtv they have to to sell...
For me selling this car so I can make room for my next and providing the new buyer with a great car, very fair deal and honesty is worth more to me then trying to sell a guy on guarantees and CPO that dealers do..
For what it is its an excellent car im just looking for a change....
antrot is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST