BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #67
Alex@Autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Alex@Autocouture's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ny

Posts: 3,539
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
i want i want
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring | 15-01 Pollitt Drive St. 6, Fair Lawn NJ 07410
201.666.3500 | Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Alex@Autocouture is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #68
Sal@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire

Posts: 1,063
iTrader: (0)

I am assuming the production sets will have much nicer welding and proper looking merge collectors. Would also be nice to see less welds.

For 4k you need to expect the very very best in fabrication and design.

Looking forward to the fantastic sounding 27hp on top of say an Akra.

The power has been quoted...means the dyno graphs are out there floating around?
Sal@Evolve is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #69
Ateam
Banned
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

So still nobody has explained HOW these are better than stock. Would need to see dyno for power gains but even if it gained predicted power, I am curious how that gain is achieved. Is the header tube diameter different? More smooth bends or completely different bends to modify exhaust pulses? Just wondering as visually there is nothing really different and for most cars headers usually replace a simple exhaust manifold or a catted header so the power gain is obvious but with this OEM awesome sed of catless headers I am curious where this power is being freed up from?
Ateam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #70
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
So still nobody has explained HOW these are better than stock. Would need to see dyno for power gains but even if it gained predicted power, I am curious how that gain is achieved. Is the header tube diameter different? More smooth bends or completely different bends to modify exhaust pulses? Just wondering as visually there is nothing really different and for most cars headers usually replace a simple exhaust manifold or a catted header so the power gain is obvious but with this OEM awesome sed of catless headers I am curious where this power is being freed up from?
I am answered the your's and other people's questions further back in the post.

Stop with your pessimism and take some time and go back and read the thread....... the info is there if is want to read it.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #71
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post

It doesn't really matter to him anyway... so don't waste your time on the troll.
I am just getting that now...... Thanks for the heads-up...... I'll stop feeding the troll!!!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #72
Ateam
Banned
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Most likely the primary diameter and the merge collector are the where there is room for gain. If they did some good R&D (which I assume they did and are still doing) then they could see where and how much room for improvement there was in the factory header. If they nailed the design then an increase in scavenging and flow could be achieved which would relate to power gains.

THis is a "definetive" answer that people should just accept and spend 4k on .headers? It would be nice if the company who made them or someone who actually knows some actual data would give us some idea of what exactly specifically is improved, changed and the new sizes/shapes of the pieces of headers instead of you "most likely" speculation.

People who want to know a mod actually turns out the promised power is somehow a troll to you-that is fine. Buy mods blindly like a ton of other people
Ateam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #73
RichMattB
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 ///M3, e70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE USA

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
THis is a "definetive" answer that people should just accept and spend 4k on .headers? It would be nice if the company who made them or someone who actually knows some actual data would give us some idea of what exactly specifically is improved, changed and the new sizes/shapes of the pieces of headers instead of you "most likely" speculation.

People who want to know a mod actually turns out the promised power is somehow a troll to you-that is fine. Buy mods blindly like a ton of other people
I don't think anyone is suggesting that we (M3 owners) blindly purchase the product with no numbers to justify it. The headers aren't even on the market yet. They are, according to the title of this thread, in development.

Can you give the manufacturer a chance to finalize the product before they put dyno numbers out to the public?
RichMattB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #74
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,479
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I think we can all agree that my troll comment is not only based on this post.
Agreed. Also, with all of his previous posts about most of us wasting money on mod's I doubt he'd spend $2k, let alone ~$4k, on headers even with as-measured test data.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #75
M3*GaryShrig*M3
Enthusiast
 
M3*GaryShrig*M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Naples, FL

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Congratulations to the guys at IND! Looks like you have found a new product to give us enthusiast's more power.

At a 27 hp increase, power should be noticable, and therefore a worthwhile purchase!

Please let us know when you have have posted some dyno's showing the power increase over the stock headers?

If you have already, please send me the link?
M3*GaryShrig*M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #76
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ilia@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,179
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3*GaryShrig*M3 View Post
Congratulations to the guys at IND! Looks like you have found a new product to give us enthusiast's more power.

At a 27 hp increase, power should be noticable, and therefore a worthwhile purchase!

Please let us know when you have have posted some dyno's showing the power increase over the stock headers?

If you have already, please send me the link?
Thanks!

We do not have test data of our own yet, as M24 has not released these headers to market and are still in the testing and development phase at this point. Their in-house testing has shown a substantial increase, but of course we'll do our best here at IND to document any testing we do once the headers show up here in the U.S.
__________________
Ilia@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #77
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (3)

Updates!?
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #78
klammer
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 3,240
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Updates!?
I'm with you. Anything over 20 whp and this becomes almost a must-have
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
klammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #79
shay2nak
I <3 E90 M3
 
shay2nak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i/Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

I'd be surprised if it's that much. This is just a NA motor. Maybe +10-15hp with a retune.
shay2nak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #80
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

Posts: 1,682
iTrader: (3)

Or it could be 27 rwhp on a 600 rwhp supercharged M3 and 13 rwhp on a 350 rwhp stock M3.
pbonsalb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #81
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,356
iTrader: (19)

Update from Germany today. Good or bad once I have the dyno runs I will post them up right away.

"We hope to finish the final works on the headers this week or next week. This week is short since we go to the Essen Tuning show on Thursday and Friday."
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 04:55 AM   #82
swhat
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '11 MW E92
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 470
iTrader: (1)

subscribed.
swhat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #83
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
subbed
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #84
M3MamBo
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

M3MamBo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #85
L4ces
Captain
 
L4ces's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nj

Posts: 686
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Subbed
L4ces is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #86
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,176
iTrader: (0)

Definitely curious to see if it nets 10whp...
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #87
phusion974
Lieutenant
 
phusion974's Avatar
 
Drives: OE Tuned C63
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Most likely the primary diameter and the merge collector are the where there is room for gain. If they did some good R&D (which I assume they did and are still doing) then they could see where and how much room for improvement there was in the factory header. If they nailed the design then an increase in scavenging and flow could be achieved which would relate to power gains.
+1
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #88
mahmud///M
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 E92 Jerez Black
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wild blue yonder

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Updates?
mahmud///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST