|11-17-2011, 05:54 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Detail addict-Platnium Addict, 2009 Camaro
2009 Chevy Camaro
This car is only about 1.5 months old. The dealership did a very hacked job on it and filled EVERYTHING. It looked nice, but once we stripped everything, it was halogram EVERYWHERE. Although it;s new, it has some very sever RDS and minor swirl marks. The entire process took about 20 hours or so...
- Camspray Foam Gun
- Detail Addict Water Softening System
- Detail Addict Car Soap
- Detail Addict Grit Guard
- Detail Addict Wash Mitt
- Detail Addict Waffle Weave Drying MF
- Detail Addict Engine+Wheel Cleaner
- ACE TurboStick
- Porter Cable 7424XP
- Makita 9227C
- Detail Addict Backing Plate
- Detail Addict CCS Pad Set
- Detail Addict Medium Grade Clay Bar
- Detail Addict Detail Spray (lube)
- Menzerna Power Gloss (S34A)
- Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (83)
- Menzerna Super Finish Polish (106FA)
- Menzerna Final Polish (85RD)
- Detail Addict Sealant Wax
- Detail Addict Glass Cleaner
- Detail Addict Glass Towel
- Detail Addict Rub&Shine
- Detail Addict Dressing Sponge
- Detail Addict Polishing MF
- Detail Addict Detailing/Polishing MF
Sorry, it was very cloudy so no good pictures of before outside.
We start with the wheels and tires
Off with a hand brush to get the spokes
Then with ACE PowerStick to get to the inside of the wheels
Pressure wash off everything
Including the wheel wells
Then we start with the body to get the ‘big dirt’ off the car…
Hit the tires again as we rinse the body
Then off to our Camspray Foamer
You can never clean the wheels/tires enough!
Then off to two buckets hand wash with fresh MF
Then glide the water off of the car
Rinse down the wheels of course
Look at this! Brand new car! This is from just the hood too!
Air dry all the gaps and surfaces as much as we can
After air dry, we use Waffle MF to blot dry
Look closely, lot of RDS! We then took a paint meter to check the thickness and it was about ~145-185 micron all around. Plenty of paints on this car for correction!
and swirl marks
Still trying to perfect close up shots… But yeah, lot of swirls… Here are bunch of 50/50
Some indoor finishing shots
The sun finally came out the next day for us to take some outside pictures!
Last edited by Elliott@DetailAddict; 11-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|