BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

E92 Lighting

11-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #67
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
fifth gear tested it and they didn't think it's very good
ftfy

Their opinion seems to be uncommon amongst the press. However, I don't think anybody should take reviews TOO seriously; I can tell you that no subjective review has ever influenced my decision to like a car or not, although they can be instrumental in getting me interested or disinterested in the first place.

In the end, get what you love. That's how it should work.
      11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #68
qnsblvd
Long Time Lurker

Drives: None

Great car for a good price. Only issue I see is that people will probably be selling them used (the non-Laguna Seca ones anyway) for $30-35k not long from now.
qnsblvd is offline   United_States
      11-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #69
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b

Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i

/puke
      11-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #70
johanness
Banned

Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Love the performance. Hate the looks inside/out
      11-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #71
miiipilot
Captain

Drives: 2011 TiAg 135i 6mt M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Love the performance. Hate the looks inside/out
This, except I like the outside. I don't understand why American cars' (there are some exceptions) interiors are still so archaic. Cheap too.
      11-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #72
ptack
Brigadier General

Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Would it have killed them or cost $1000 to use nicer material in the center dash and console? That alone would have improved the interior a lot. That part looks like Detroit's cheapest crap from the old days.
      11-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #73
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Would it have killed them or cost $1000 to use nicer material in the center dash and console? That alone would have improved the interior a lot. That part looks like Detroit's cheapest crap from the old days.
What do you mean by "the old days"?

This interior is leaps and bounds ahead of the interiors of muscle cars from the '80s and '90s. And I don't even want to get into what the interior of my '68 GTO was like.... "Detroit's cheapest crap from the old days" looks nothing like this. At all.

The retro look of it is a love/hate thing, but the materials aren't all that bad, considering it's a muscle car. It's not a 3er or a near-luxury competitor. It's a muscle car. Muscle cars aren't and shouldn't be focused on competing with near-luxury cars in the interior department. Don't waste money on that shit, as long as everything is functional, placed intuitively, and doesn't fall apart.

Anyway, if we gave such a shit about interiors, we'd be driving Audis. The E9X interior, especially without IDrive, is pretty crappy considering what class it's in. Ditto for the E82/3.
      11-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #74
ragingclue
One cam is enough

I figured since the changes were so minimal for 2013, there was no use to create a new thread about them. There's the inclusion of SYNC, HIDs (standard on ALL Mustangs for 2013 actually), the Shelby nose, odd but interesting tail lights, LS versions with less offensive paint schemes, and no roof panel color to match the new '70 BOSS stripes.

LINK

What's even more interesting is that there will be a Track Pack available for the vanilla GT. This means the Torsen and Recaros are now available on that, and it also got a slight power bump to 420 (from 414). I find it really interesting that Ford did this, somewhat closing the gap between the BOSS (which they ask a premium for) and the GT. Slap some FRPP goodies on a Brembo GT and you've got a great car. I guess you can't go wrong with either.

I wonder what the uptick in MSRP will be.