BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

headphone gurus [nsfw]

klipsch image ones vs beats by dre studios

which one to get?

Klipsch are half the price and supposedly much better? I have some Sony MCR ND7's which I'm pretty happy with. I like the sound of the Beats, a little bass heavy though. What can I expect with the Image Ones then?

thanks!

payment
__________________
i love german cars

Last edited by len56; 11-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.
len56 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
 
infinitekid2002's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 3,379
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Only thing i can say is that the earphones by Dre are pretty muddy and not clear. I have Able Planet noise cancelling headphones...very good quality and and noise cancelling tech.

What kind of music do u generally listen to?
__________________
infinitekid2002 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Only thing i can say is that the earphones by Dre are pretty muddy and not clear. I have Able Planet noise cancelling headphones...very good quality and and noise cancelling tech.

What kind of music do u generally listen to?
mostly hip-hop and dance/club/house

i tried the beats solos and they were muddy as hell and much worse than my 80 dollar sony's, but the studios sound pretty decent to me. i haven't heard the image one's yet.
__________________
i love german cars
len56 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

not a guru or a audiophile but am very satisfied with my klipsch s4. didn't htc just acquire beats by dre? just get a free pair with your next htc phone.
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
not a guru or a audiophile but am very satisfied with my klipsch s4. didn't htc just acquire beats by dre? just get a free pair with your next htc phone.
sorry forgot to mention im looking at the studios (they wouldnt include those with a phone haha)
__________________
i love german cars
len56 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

What environment will you be listening in? Do they need to be portable and wireless?
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
len56
Private
 
len56's Avatar
 
Drives: like a gentleman, yo
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
What environment will you be listening in? Do they need to be portable and wireless?
I'd prefer not wireless, I usually only listen to over-ear headphones when I'm in my room, so an indoor environment, don't need noise cancelling either
__________________
i love german cars
len56 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I have klipsch in-ear buds that I like very much.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

beats by dre = overpriced crap for suburban kids with too much money.

klipsch image s4's = best earbuds i've ever owned.
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
eVitO
trollololol
 
eVitO's Avatar
 
Drives: Too slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles/UCSD

Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eVitO
Oh, what a coincidence... I just found this on the other forum I frequent...

http://www.myg37.com/forums/private-...o-edition.html

If you decide on Beats, there you go...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGuy View Post
god damn that car is nice. i would sell my girlfriend for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
eVitO is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Klipsch. Beats are not terrible, but very overpriced for the sound quality. You're paying for a name/image with Beats, and if you don't care about that you can spend equal to Beats and get a much (MUCH) better headphone, or similar sound quality for much less. Same thing with Bose headphones.

I should also mention that the only "image" Beats holds any weight with is with people who don't know any better when it comes to sound reproduction. Out of the brands I've owned, Bose, Sony, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic, and AKG, Sennheiser is my favorite value brand, and Beyer Dynamic edging out AKG for the higher end of things. I've yet to own Klipsch, but have listened to them enough to rate them much higher than Beats in cost vs. quality considerations.

Last edited by BTM; 11-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Klipsch. Beats are not terrible, but very overpriced for the sound quality. You're paying for a name/image with Beats, and if you don't care about that you can spend equal to Beats and get a much (MUCH) better headphone, or similar sound quality for much less. Same thing with Bose headphones.

I should also mention that the only "image" Beats holds any weight with is with people who don't know any better when it comes to sound reproduction. Out of the brands I've owned, Bose, Sony, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic, and AKG, Sennheiser is my favorite value brand, and Beyer Dynamic edging out AKG for the higher end of things. I've yet to own Klipsch, but have listened to them enough to rate them much higher than Beats in cost vs. quality considerations.
i still like my bose qc3 headphones for the plane. they do work very well as noise cancelling headphones. comfortable too. they are admittedly overpriced, but worth every penny on a 14 hour transpac flight.
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
silvergray545
Skittles
 
silvergray545's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 453
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Klipschs are better quality wise. My only issue with them is that they are not over-the-ear headphones. I'm not of a fan on the on-ear-headphones. The Image Ones are comparable to the Beats Solos, not the Studios. I'm waiting for the over-the-ear headphones Klipsch is supposed to release sometime soon, I'm hoping.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #14
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
i still like my bose qc3 headphones for the plane. they do work very well as noise cancelling headphones. comfortable too. they are admittedly overpriced, but worth every penny on a 14 hour transpac flight.
Noise cancelling is one area I have no comment on...never owned any or been interested to. How can something be overpriced and worth every penny at the same time
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Klipschs are better quality wise. My only issue with them is that they are not over-the-ear headphones. I'm not of a fan on the on-ear-headphones. The Image Ones are comparable to the Beats Solos, not the Studios. I'm waiting for the over-the-ear headphones Klipsch is supposed to release sometime soon, I'm hoping.
What's your price point? These DT770s are over ear, reasonably(ish) priced, and they perform phenomenally. I must have 400+ hours on mine and they sound great. I prefer them to my much more expensive AKG Q701s

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-D.../dp/B0006NL5SM
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #16
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,621
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have klipsch in-ear buds that I like very much.
How long have you had them? I'm tired of buying a new set every year because of design failure. I've had them all too from the the $9.99 special to the $129 Shures. Please tell me these actually last longer than a year!
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
How long have you had them? I'm tired of buying a new set every year because of design failure. I've had them all too from the the $9.99 special to the $129 Shures. Please tell me these actually last longer than a year!
Do you use them when working out? For exercise like running, where I'll sweat a lot, I've found nothing better than the $10 cheap sony over the head earbuds. The loop over your head keeps them from wiggling out, and they're durable and cheap to replace from damage. For lifting, I use a $40 pair of sony earbuds which sound much better, and since there is a chance of damage to the wire when putting weights down etc. they're not too expensive if you need to replace a pair. I've tried routing the wire under my shirt, but that tends to "drag" them out of my ears, which is really annoying.
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
 
infinitekid2002's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 3,379
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
I use the Dre earphones i got for cheap off of someone from this website for working out lols. Sound is that bad...but they are ribbon style (so they don't tangle) and fairly robust.
__________________
infinitekid2002 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 535xi / JK Wrangler
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LI, NY

Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (7)

Klipsch hands down, read up on the reviews of them - they are compared to some of the more high-end headphones and are said to be on par with those. For the price you can't beat them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-Kl...item35b2e1212e

People who buy the Beats headphones are only buying them because of Dr. Dre. It's all a marketing gimmick which stupid people buy into, don't be one of them.
ZJP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

I'd try out a pair of beyerdynamic dt770s. Make sure it's the 80 ohm version. Absolutely love mine (listening to them now lol).

I use them mainly to listen to music at night when I can't otherwise, travel, and mixing. Amazingly comfortable and most importantly well-balanced without an amp/eq, something that can't be said for many mid-range studio phones ($400-800).
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
Express
Major General
 
Express's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Promise Land

Posts: 8,701
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.15]
bose noise cancelling here and they hit pretty hard
Express is offline   Israel
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #22
BTM
Banned
 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

Posts: 10,314
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
I'd try out a pair of beyerdynamic dt770s. Make sure it's the 80 ohm version. Absolutely love mine (listening to them now lol).

I use them mainly to listen to music at night when I can't otherwise, travel, and mixing. Amazingly comfortable and most importantly well-balanced without an amp/eq, something that can't be said for many mid-range studio phones ($400-800).
Oops...+1. The link I posted was to the 250ohm. The 80ohms are what I have too.
BTM is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST