BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #441
Powerslide
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 - SSII/Black, MDCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago Illinois USA

Posts: 638
iTrader: (0)

Nevermind - just saw that Tire Rack (per my separate thread started today) will have 265/35/R19 available as of December 9, 2011 (in case anyone else would rather go OEM size and didn't see my other post)...
Powerslide is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #442
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

I read through the entire thread and couldn't find a decisive answer to my question below. I am running B&G springs and spacers (15mm front and 12mm rear) on the 220M rims. Will I have any rubbing issues if I opt for the 255/275 PSS'?
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #443
W Cole
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newport Coast, CA

Posts: 724
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I read through the entire thread and couldn't find a decisive answer to my question below. I am running B&G springs and spacers (15mm front and 12mm rear) on the 220M rims. Will I have any rubbing issues if I opt for the 255/275 PSS'?
Bump. What about stock suspension 220M rims and no spacers? I want to be 100% sure I wont run even with 4 people in the car, turning full lock, etc.

From what I've read on this thread it appears the answer is no, I won't rub, but I want to be sure. I can always wait until the 265's come out.
W Cole is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #444
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,436
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I read through the entire thread and couldn't find a decisive answer to my question below. I am running B&G springs and spacers (15mm front and 12mm rear) on the 220M rims. Will I have any rubbing issues if I opt for the 255/275 PSS'?
The shoulder on the PSS is a little bit more square than the PS2 but not as bad as the AD08. If you use a 275/35 rear the diameter will be slightly larger than the stock diameter of 26.3". With these differences in the PSS, along with the increased width, you might run into a rubbing problem on the rear with a 12 mm spacer; however, without the spacer I doubt you'd have a problem. On the front, if you have a rubbing problem with the 15 mm spacer you could switch to either a 10 or 12 mm spacer and solve the rubbing issue.

I plan on running 255/35 and 285/30 PSS in the spring on zcp wheels - zcp wheels are wider and have a slightly more aggressive offset and this will work without rubbing (I'm not using spacers).
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #445
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
The shoulder on the PSS is a little bit more square than the PS2 but not as bad as the AD08. If you use a 275/35 rear the diameter will be slightly larger than the stock diameter of 26.3". With these differences in the PSS, along with the increased width, you might run into a rubbing problem on the rear with a 12 mm spacer; however, without the spacer I doubt you'd have a problem. On the front, if you have a rubbing problem with the 15 mm spacer you could switch to either a 10 or 12 mm spacer and solve the rubbing issue.

I plan on running 255/35 and 285/30 PSS in the spring on zcp wheels - zcp wheels are wider and have a slightly more aggressive offset and this will work without rubbing (I'm not using spacers).
I mounted the tires and without the spacers, the rubbing is very slight at full lock in the front. No rubbing in the rear. I've tried a 15mm and 12 mm spacer in the front, but they are too aggressive with this setup. I believe that a 10mm front and 5mm rear spacer will work with the wider tires and the lowered suspension.
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #446
tlp
Colonel
 
tlp's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 2,009
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I mounted the tires and without the spacers, the rubbing is very slight at full lock in the front. No rubbing in the rear. I've tried a 15mm and 12 mm spacer in the front, but they are too aggressive with this setup. I believe that a 10mm front and 5mm rear spacer will work with the wider tires and the lowered suspension.
10 & 5 is exactly what I am running after trying many spacer combos.
__________________
My Coding Journal
Current - '11 e92 M3 SG/FR ZCP|ZCV|ZP2|2MK|494|415|6NR|752
tlp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #447
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
10 & 5 is exactly what I am running after trying many spacer combos.
Are you lowered?
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #448
tlp
Colonel
 
tlp's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 2,009
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
Are you lowered?
Not lowered...yet. Current is factory ZCP.
Attached Images
 
__________________
My Coding Journal
Current - '11 e92 M3 SG/FR ZCP|ZCV|ZP2|2MK|494|415|6NR|752
tlp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #449
jtn83
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

I'm about to order a set of Super Sports in 275/35/19 to replace my factory PZero rears.

I've searched and read through here a few times but can't find a 100% clear answer, since most of you guys are modded.

I'm 100% stock (not even spacers) and ZCP Package -- I just want to make sure that there won't be any rubbing.

Also, I know that the preferred stagger for these rears would be 255's up front, but will it be a problem that I'm still running the factory 245s?

Thanks,
Jason
jtn83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #450
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtn83 View Post
I'm about to order a set of Super Sports in 275/35/19 to replace my factory PZero rears.

I've searched and read through here a few times but can't find a 100% clear answer, since most of you guys are modded.

I'm 100% stock (not even spacers) and ZCP Package -- I just want to make sure that there won't be any rubbing.

Also, I know that the preferred stagger for these rears would be 255's up front, but will it be a problem that I'm still running the factory 245s?

Thanks,
Jason
Jason, I'm running 275/35/19 PSS tire on a 9.5" stock 220M rim and am lowered without any rubbing. Considering your wider rim (stretched tire) and stock ride height, you should not expect any rubbing. Others on here are running stretched 305's (larger rim) without rubbing on stock ride height.
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #451
jtn83
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
Jason, I'm running 275/35/19 PSS tire on a 9.5" stock 220M rim and am lowered without any rubbing. Considering your wider rim (stretched tire) and stock ride height, you should not expect any rubbing. Others on here are running stretched 305's (larger rim) without rubbing on stock ride height.
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Found a set of PSS 275/35/19 for $621 (incl. shipping and tax).
jtn83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #452
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Overall a great thread..alot of reviews on track and street experiences as well as good fitment discussion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Is this a web based tool? Looks very thorough and useful.
Yes

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Hi, do you reckon 245/35 f & 265/35 r on 19" zcp wheels with zcp suspension, with 12mm spacers all round would fit

255/35 f & 275/35 r pss installed on zcp wheels? Including 12mm spacers?
I believe front you would be fine..10mm would be safer..back will rub 5mm is the best bet.

I am about to run this same setup Rear: ET25 w/5mm spacer and Front: ET22 no spacer
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #453
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Overall a great thread..alot of reviews on track and street experiences as well as good fitment discussion..



Yes

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp




I believe front you would be fine..10mm would be safer..back will rub 5mm is the best bet.

I am about to run this same setup Rear: ET25 w/5mm spacer and Front: ET22 no spacer
I am now running a 19x10 et25 with 12mm spacers and 275 tires on the rear.....absolutely no rub unless I have people in the back. Again, I'm lowered on B&G's.
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #454
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I am now running a 19x10 et25 with 12mm spacers and 275 tires on the rear.....absolutely no rub unless I have people in the back. Again, I'm lowered on B&G's.
The e90 has more wheel well space than the e92...
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #455
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Malek@MRF's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

Posts: 3,349
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
The e90 has more wheel well space than the e92...
No, it does not. This is only slightly true on the NON-M E90 and E92.
__________________

BMW PERFORMANCE SPECIALISTS. Suspension. Forced Induction. Brakes. Race Preparation. Service. Alignments.
OFFICIAL PARTNERS: Íhlins. KW Suspension. Brembo. AP Racing. ESS Tuning. iND Distribution. Turner Motorsport.
Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr | Contact | YouTube
Malek@MRF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #456
naterater
Michelin Brand Ambassador
 
naterater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 E46 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

19 New Tire Dimensions released in Feb and now available including fitments for BMW 135, M5 and M6, 335, z4. Here they are below:

205/45ZR17 (88Y) XL
245/45ZR17 (99Y) XL
205/40ZR18 (86Y) XL
215/40ZR18 (89Y) XL
235/50ZR18 (101Y) XL
245/35ZR18 (92Y) XL
255/30ZR19 (91Y) XL
255/40ZR19 (100Y) XL
255/45ZR19 (104Y) XL
275/40ZR19 (105Y) XL
285/40ZR19 (107Y) XL
325/30ZR19 (105Y) XL
345/30ZR19 (109Y) XL
245/45ZR20 (103Y) XL
255/40ZR20 (101Y) XL
255/45ZR20 (105Y) XL
265/30ZR20 (94Y) XL
285/35ZR20 (104Y) XL
335/30ZR20 (108Y) XL

Nate
naterater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #457
naterater
Michelin Brand Ambassador
 
naterater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 E46 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Also as of today there is a $70 Rebate that helps out a little bit:
http://www.michelinman.com/sites/mic...romotions.page
http://www.tirerack.com/specialoffer...p?promoID=M237
naterater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #458
sig5x
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA

Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterater View Post
Thanks for the info but drat! I just ordered a few days ago!
__________________
2011 e92 M3: AW/blk zcp, dct
2008 Civic Si FG2 ASM/blk
2005 e46 M3: SG/blk zcp, 6MT (sold)
sig5x is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #459
JR///M3
Private
 
JR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 M3 SSII, 07 M6 SS, 11 X5 SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Just Put The PSS on My car and what a difference compared to the OEM Conti's. These Look and Ride so much better.
Attached Images
  
__________________
SSII / Black/Silver Novillo Leather * ESS VT1 550 & Evolve GTS DCT Tune * AE Exhaust * Carbon Leather Trim * Premium Pack 2 * ZCP * Technology Package * Enhanced Audio * Heated Seats *PDC * IPOD * SAT * HD Radio * 19" ZCP Wheels
JR///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #460
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Moxie's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

Posts: 1,859
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig5x View Post
Thanks for the info but drat! I just ordered a few days ago!
Rebates been going on for weeks - Go to tire rack for info.
Moxie is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #461
itf joegun
First Lieutenant
 
itf joegun's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4 Sdrive35is, F11 535i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rhineland Palatinate - Germany

Posts: 315
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_M3E92 View Post
Just Put The PSS on My car and what a difference compared to the OEM Conti's. These Look and Ride so much better.
Indeed looks good! Which size of the tires? Need also to get a new set beginning of April and I am not sure which size to choose. ZCP standard size or 255/275...
__________________
Best regards, Jochen

Click signature for current and previous cars.
itf joegun is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #462
naterater
Michelin Brand Ambassador
 
naterater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 E46 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Rebates been going on for weeks - Go to tire rack for info.
This is the one for March, seems like they break them into time frames. The purchase dates for this rebate is 3/1 - 3/24.
naterater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST