BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Exclamation need help switching exhausts

i need help to remove my modified OEM exhaust and replace it with a stock exhaust.
it should be easy as they are both OEM
so its just to drop the current one and replace it with stock one
can anyone help?
i can pay up to $100 to do this because i really dont want to sell the modified one
i love it and i want to put it on my new car when it arrives
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Would help ya for free if I was closer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
M3SQRD
Colonel
M3SQRD's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,495
Posts

Drives: E92 M3s,R56 CooperS,F22 228iX
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

iTrader: (2)

If you don't mind driving up to Germantown I can check with a friend of mine who's a tech at Criswell Honda. He does side jobs during the week as well as on the weekend (Sat). How soon do you need this done and do you have the replacement exhaust? Only the muffler is being replaced, correct? If you're interested I'll find out what his schedule looks like (weekends are always booked) - do you prefer a weekday or the weekend?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
if you go to Meineke or something they shouldn't charge more than 50 bucks. I think thats how much i paid for them to put on my meisterschaft
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
azzuro
Private First Class
azzuro's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i need help to remove my modified OEM exhaust and replace it with a stock exhaust.
it should be easy as they are both OEM
so its just to drop the current one and replace it with stock one
can anyone help?
i can pay up to $100 to do this because i really dont want to sell the modified one
i love it and i want to put it on my new car when it arrives
I can help you. I have all the tools to do the job.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Would help ya for free if I was closer.
Thank you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
If you don't mind driving up to Germantown I can check with a friend of mine who's a tech at Criswell Honda. He does side jobs during the week as well as on the weekend (Sat). How soon do you need this done and do you have the replacement exhaust? Only the muffler is being replaced, correct? If you're interested I'll find out what his schedule looks like (weekends are always booked) - do you prefer a weekday or the weekend?
Only the muffler with the attached connected pipes
And yes I have a stock oem exhaust with only 3K miles I saved for this exact reason
Will get back to you, will see if I can d it with azzuro
Would love to help out, and maybe learn how to do it
So I can do it on my 2012, if I ever get it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzuro View Post
I can help you. I have all the tools to do the job.
That would be excellent
Where abouts are you?
I live in Reston, near Reston town center.
But of course ill come to you.
I can return the favour if you need any help with your sound system
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
if you go to Meineke or something they shouldn't charge more than 50 bucks. I think thats how much i paid for them to put on my meisterschaft
I paid them $180 to install the modified one!
Bastards!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

My buddy in Springfield has a shop, I am sure we could go there, it is so much easier to swap exhausts when you have a lift, probably will cost around $0. If you are free Sunday mornings those seem to be the best days for him. Let me know
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
My buddy in Springfield has a shop, I am sure we could go there, it is so much easier to swap exhausts when you have a lift, probably will cost around $0. If you are free Sunday mornings those seem to be the best days for him. Let me know
that would be great
azzuro seems like he's missing in action
so i might just take you up on your offer

never heard back about the issue we spoke about last time
the 1 company i spoked to on the phone seemed uninterested unless it was a monthly deal and they were asking too much.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Would help ya for free if I was closer.
i would also... i did my own and it was fairly easy with the right tools.

OP - good luck on your quest sir!
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
that would be great
azzuro seems like he's missing in action
so i might just take you up on your offer

never heard back about the issue we spoke about last time
the 1 company i spoked to on the phone seemed uninterested unless it was a monthly deal and they were asking too much.
All is taken care of, also do you still have my stock exhaust? That GT-R itch is happening again!!!
I will speak to my buddy and see if he is available this weekend, if that works for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
All is taken care of, also do you still have my stock exhaust? That GT-R itch is happening again!!!
that's the one i'll be installing
no to the GTR
my CFO at work has one, i drove it
sucks!
honestly, the GTR for me is a one trick pony
it can kick butt on the track
but on the street, it royaly sucks
suspension is made of concrete, and that's at the softest setting
gear whine like a tractor
interior feels cheapish
fantastic acceleration
but that's about it
i like the PS3 look-alike screen
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #15
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
Boost3dm3's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (0)

you could always go to a diy hosted by the ncc bmw cca. Im sure there would be someone to help you there and it would only cost $30
__________________
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
that's the one i'll be installing
no to the GTR
my CFO at work has one, i drove it
sucks!
honestly, the GTR for me is a one trick pony
it can kick butt on the track
but on the street, it royaly sucks
suspension is made of concrete, and that's at the softest setting
gear whine like a tractor
interior feels cheapish
fantastic acceleration
but that's about it
i like the PS3 look-alike screen
It would not be a daily, it would be a weekend and a track car, don't care about gear sounds, I will put a full exhaust so I won't hear it anyway, shit my 08 M3 only has 13000 miles, for daily I have a GTI and a big Benz truck, I also may not sell the M3, don't know yet, also are you available Sunday AM?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #17
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
It would not be a daily, it would be a weekend and a track car, don't care about gear sounds, I will put a full exhaust so I won't hear it anyway, shit my 08 M3 only has 13000 miles, for daily I have a GTI and a big Benz truck, I also may not sell the M3, don't know yet, also are you available Sunday AM?
if its a track car then forget everything i just said

yes i am available sunday
will empty out my trunk and keep the exhaust with me
did you ever hear the modified OEM exhaust?
it's awsome, wanna keep it for my 2012 if it ever arrives
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

I have not heard the OEM exhaust mod, did you finally sell your 08?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
I have not heard the OEM exhaust mod, did you finally sell your 08?
nope
still have it
not sure why its not selling
i'm asking 40K which is lower than any other E92 for sale
and i still have 1 year of the warranty left
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #20
azzuro
Private First Class
azzuro's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
that would be great
azzuro seems like he's missing in action
so i might just take you up on your offer

never heard back about the issue we spoke about last time
the 1 company i spoked to on the phone seemed uninterested unless it was a monthly deal and they were asking too much.
I sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #21
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
144
Rep
6,540
Posts

Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Just realized I can't do this weekend
I was pleasantly reminded by my wife we have commitments on Saturday and Sunday

And I assume this is a daytime job?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #22
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Just realized I can't do this weekend
I was pleasantly reminded by my wife we have commitments on Saturday and Sunday

And I assume this is a daytime job?
I am out the following weekend, I can see if he can do an evening time
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST