BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
How close to invoice can I expect to pay on a M3?

Guys,

I am looking to get out of my 135 and into an M3--wanted a 1M, but that's not going to happen.

I am used to dealing with the invoice/VIR price, but I have never had an M. I have contacted all dealers in the Midwest (I am in Indiana) and most are requesting anywhere from 2-3K above invoice. Or basically the difference between invoice and MSRP.

I have had one dealer offer an M3 for 1K over invoice--but I wondered what others had been able to get recently?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT--and when does E90 M3 production stop? Was in October? Or is it in November?
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
eisenb11
11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

A lof of people here can easily do $600 over invoice. If you qualify for the loyalty discount, that'll get you out for $400 under.

I think you're too late on the E90, I believe that all production slots have been spoken for. Production was supposed to stop in Oct, guess they got more orders than anticipated?
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
A lof of people here can easily do $600 over invoice. If you qualify for the loyalty discount, that'll get you out for $400 under.

I think you're too late on the E90, I believe that all production slots have been spoken for. Production was supposed to stop in Oct, guess they got more orders than anticipated?
Thanks for the info--this dealer claims that there are still 2 E90 M3 spots in the Midwest region, if I understand correctly.

I got my last 135 from David Aviles in Maryland, who always seems to deal from the invoice level. Unfortunately, it looks like he wasn't going to be able to give enough on my trade to make it financially reasonable.

$600 over invoice seems pretty fair--thanks for the figure--I think I will counter with that. And my last 4 cars have been BMWs, so I would certainly think I would qualify for the loyalty credit.

The guy I am talking to now is in Iowa and seems to be in the right ballpark for me to get an E92, trade and all, for about ~$950 a month. We will see.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
bvernon
1
Private First Class
 
bvernon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

If anyone would know it would be Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. He is all over these forums and many have bought from him. I'd send him an email and he can tell you what's available and how the car would be delivered to you. his email is ramico@stevethomasbmw.com. He seems to make the whole buying experience very easy. I bought a E93 from a local dealer and negotiated $500 over invoice.
bvernon is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
If anyone would know it would be Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. He is all over these forums and many have bought from him. I'd send him an email and he can tell you what's available and how the car would be delivered to you. his email is ramico@stevethomasbmw.com. He seems to make the whole buying experience very easy. I bought a E93 from a local dealer and negotiated $500 over invoice.
That's a great suggestion--I have talked to Ryan many times. He is always easy to deal with--the only problem for me is that I am in Indiana...and he is in California.

So I would either have to drive or ship my 135 out to him...and drive or ship the M3 (ok, drive) back to Indy...makes it a little more difficult, but obviously not his fault at all.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
bvernon
1
Private First Class
 
bvernon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

have you tried putting the 135 up for sale to see how you'd fare if you sold privately? I'm sure you know from selling many cars that you're gonna get the wholesale price from the dealer and even worse, if you go to them with a combination offer (trade and purchase) you're giving them the opportunity to really low-ball your trade to make up for discounting the new car.....always negotiate the new car price first, then deal with the trade. just my two cents........
bvernon is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #7
m3mellett
0
customer advocate
 
Drives: 2011 m3 cp , 2009 335 conv
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: maryland

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

kevin mellet at pappsport bmw 500 over and trade we can work out ?
m3mellett is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
K-M3
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '12 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 275
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
That's a great suggestion--I have talked to Ryan many times. He is always easy to deal with--the only problem for me is that I am in Indiana...and he is in California.

So I would either have to drive or ship my 135 out to him...and drive or ship the M3 (ok, drive) back to Indy...makes it a little more difficult, but obviously not his fault at all.
I have ordered mine from Ryan, about 600 over invoice. so far so good. he's been great to deal with so far.......... and I am in Oklahoma. hope things keep working out.......
K-M3 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
jmarino21
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

OP,

Ryan Amico (west coast) and David Aviles (east coast) have gotten the best feedback around here and both are very close to invoice pricing on a new M3. So it depends on your location and preference, and in your case, negotiating trade-in value.

I'm considering a new M3 this spring and will probably go through one of them. Unless a local dealer here in Cleveland is willing to match or do better, which is unlikely.

I believe it is too late to order a new M3 sedan, production ended in October.

If you're worried about the drive back to Indiana, just do performance center delivery. You get to beat on their M3, learn how to drive it, then take yours back home just in time for the 1200 mile service. Folks on here have posted pictures with their cars all wrapped up and protected just for the drive home, too. I'm strongly considering this myself, in addition to ED, to get the whole experience

As mentioned above, it may be worth your time to consider selling your 135 on your own - the return will probably be a lot better than a trade-in offer.

Hope that helps,

JM
jmarino21 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
have you tried putting the 135 up for sale to see how you'd fare if you sold privately? I'm sure you know from selling many cars that you're gonna get the wholesale price from the dealer and even worse, if you go to them with a combination offer (trade and purchase) you're giving them the opportunity to really low-ball your trade to make up for discounting the new car.....always negotiate the new car price first, then deal with the trade. just my two cents........
That's a good point...but I was kind of in the place where if I could get reasonably close to my payoff, say within 2K, I wouldn't really care...but I know what you are saying for sure...
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarino21 View Post
OP,

Ryan Amico (west coast) and David Aviles (east coast) have gotten the best feedback around here and both are very close to invoice pricing on a new M3. So it depends on your location and preference, and in your case, negotiating trade-in value.

I'm considering a new M3 this spring and will probably go through one of them. Unless a local dealer here in Cleveland is willing to match or do better, which is unlikely.

I believe it is too late to order a new M3 sedan, production ended in October.

If you're worried about the drive back to Indiana, just do performance center delivery. You get to beat on their M3, learn how to drive it, then take yours back home just in time for the 1200 mile service. Folks on here have posted pictures with their cars all wrapped up and protected just for the drive home, too. I'm strongly considering this myself, in addition to ED, to get the whole experience

As mentioned above, it may be worth your time to consider selling your 135 on your own - the return will probably be a lot better than a trade-in offer.

Hope that helps,

JM
I actually bought the 135 from David--he is great to work with and made the process really easy. It just seems like he isnt offering as much as other dealers on the trade--there is about a 4K difference between him and my best offer so far...that's nothing to sneeze at...

I might try and put the 135 up for sale...see what kind of hits I get...thanks again for all the help guys...

And if I end up ordering the car, you can bet I will do the delivery down in South Carolina...I have been there with my dad in his Z4M and we had a helleva time...
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mellett View Post
kevin mellet at pappsport bmw 500 over and trade we can work out ?
PM sent...
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Zzhou
5
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
That's a great suggestion--I have talked to Ryan many times. He is always easy to deal with--the only problem for me is that I am in Indiana...and he is in California.

So I would either have to drive or ship my 135 out to him...and drive or ship the M3 (ok, drive) back to Indy...makes it a little more difficult, but obviously not his fault at all.
lol, I don't know my invoice price, but my MSRP is 75XXX, I got 71XXX for that, Im in IN also. Purdue university...
Zzhou is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #14
dmboone25
53
Major General
 
dmboone25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5,386
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
lol, I don't know my invoice price, but my MSRP is 75XXX, I got 71XXX for that, Im in IN also. Purdue university...
Damn! Not bad for a Boilermaker. I had an 87 Civic when I was in college--good for you!
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
dmboone25 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #15
Zzhou
5
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Damn! Not bad for a Boilermaker. I had an 87 Civic when I was in college--good for you!
Boiler UP!
Zzhou is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
eisenb11
11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
lol, I don't know my invoice price, but my MSRP is 75XXX, I got 71XXX for that, Im in IN also. Purdue university...
Sounds about right. I believe that my number was MSRP 78XXX and the deal is for 73XXX.
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Boiler
0
Living The Dream
 
Drives: 135i, X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
Boiler UP!
OH YEA, BOILER UP!!!
Boiler is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Zzhou
5
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
OH YEA, BOILER UP!!!
are you at Purdue?
Zzhou is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #19
Zzhou
5
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
Sounds about right. I believe that my number was MSRP 78XXX and the deal is for 73XXX.
What did u add to your M3..I had everything except BMW APPS, and auto high beam..
Zzhou is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
Boiler
0
Living The Dream
 
Drives: 135i, X5 50i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
are you at Purdue?
I wish. Graduated in 1989. Coming back for Mackey rededication game 11/11/11 and OSU football weekend though.
Boiler is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
Zzhou
5
Lieutenant
 
Zzhou's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Lafayette,IN/Shanghai,China

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

I see, our football team is not doing well this year. You might be disappointed lol
__________________

AA Green Filter/AA Pulley/AA catless X-pipes/AA signature exhaust/AA TUNE/TMS studs/Project Kics R40/AD08/Vorsteiner GTS5 Bumper/LUX H8

Last edited by Zzhou; 11-01-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Zzhou is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
eisenb11
11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
What did u add to your M3..I had everything except BMW APPS, and auto high beam..
metallic paint, DCT, premium, competition, enhanced sound, apps, performance exhaust.
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST