BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Race Precision Motorsport

10-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
G1les
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 E92 AW/FR DCT

Exhaust Problem/Drone

Hello everyone, I recently purchased an 09 M3 Coupe and love it, came from a Z4M Roadster while I do miss the roadster the M3 is amazing.

My problem is the previous owner modified the exhaust with a Magnaflow system, I think this is the one here

while the exhaust is not the problem I'm pretty sure the resonators have been removed and straight piped. I have a terrible drone noise around 2-3k rpms which is around the town driving.

I want to put some new resonators back on the car if that is the best thing to do. My goal is to get rid of the drone, the exhaust noise is great but dont mind if it is toned down a little.

What are the best resonators I can use to get rid of the drone. Is there anything else I should do or look for? I'm up for any suggestions, I'm not a mechanic but know of a place I can take to get the work done but would like to have some knowledge of what I need doing before i go there.

thanks for any suggestions

here is a picture of my new baby, its the white one

G1les is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...

Drives: 08 MR E92 M3

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
i suggest to get the magnaflow resonator... it has a very quite tone to it and it will tame it down a bit... but the magnaflow does drone and to be honest its not that bad.