BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Anyone going to do be picking up on or around 12/21?

Anyone going to do be picking up their ED on or around 12/21? would be interested in sharing notes on trip planning, winter tires, hotels, etc..

Thanks.
      10-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 MW M3

I'm picking up mine on 12/17, I get there on 12/16. I was wondering about the snow tires as well, havent really done much research on the subject. I'll probably be staying at the Kempinski Hotel by the airport and do some recon into where the LOGINOUT is located the night before. Super excited, as I'm sure you are too.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman044 View Post
I'm picking up mine on 12/17, I get there on 12/16. I was wondering about the snow tires as well, havent really done much research on the subject. I'll probably be staying at the Kempinski Hotel by the airport and do some recon into where the LOGINOUT is located the night before. Super excited, as I'm sure you are too.
Might not be a bad idea given i hear it is hard to find.

I am wondering how i would drive from the ED Winter Tires store back to the airport to drop off the car on summer performance tires if there is snow...
      10-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

That's a valid question and I've thought about it some also. I just emailed LOGINOUT to see if they offer that service, or if they know of one that is nearby. I'll fill you in once I hear back from them.

What are the details of your car? (color combo, DCT, Packages)

I got IB with Black Leather, DCT, Competition, Premium.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's a valid question and I've thought about it some also. I just emailed LOGINOUT to see if they offer that service, or if they know of one that is nearby. I'll fill you in once I hear back from them.

What are the details of your car? (color combo, DCT, Packages)

I got IB with Black Leather, DCT, Competition, Premium.

Thanks. Let me know what you find out.

Not sure about the color yet but DCT and Premium for sure.

You have a nice combo.
      10-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

so LOGINOUT doesn't let you drop off the snow tires...I guess we'll have to drive on the regular tires for a bit after dropping them off at another location.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #7
4-series
The best BMW ever!
United_States
Rep

Thanks for confirming. I am going to play it by ear. I already gave the Welt a heads up that i might not be even driving the car if the weather conditions are bad. Back up plan is to rent a car with snow tires... enjoy Europe without worrying about the BMW tires etc..
      10-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
seldon80
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Very little research required. LogInOut is literally right next to the hotel, the Terminalstrasse Mitte turns into a one-way loop right into the hotel and on your way to the front door you pass LogInOut.

http://g.co/maps/4we9u

You will need snow tires, just check with edwintertires.com, or leave the car and rent one with snow tires from sixt.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldon80 View Post
Very little research required. LogInOut is literally right next to the hotel, the Terminalstrasse Mitte turns into a one-way loop right into the hotel and on your way to the front door you pass LogInOut.

http://g.co/maps/4we9u

You will need snow tires, just check with edwintertires.com, or leave the car and rent one with snow tires from sixt.
so I was wondering whether I would need winter tires if I am going to pick up the car at the welt and drive it straight to the LOGINOUT at the airport. I was thinking that I would drive the car for such a short distance that the snow tires wont really be necessary.
Appreciate 0