BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn,NY

Posts: 575
iTrader: (2)

competition package question

How can I order the e92 with black wheels ? I've seen some videos where they've tested e92 competition with black wheels. Thanks !
PlutoniumTans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,104
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumTans View Post
How can I order the e92 with black wheels ? I've seen some videos where they've tested e92 competition with black wheels. Thanks !
You have to order the car through BMW Individual to get those wheels with the car. If you just want the wheels, there are several sponsors on here who sell them.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn,NY

Posts: 575
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You have to order the car through BMW Individual to get those wheels with the car. If you just want the wheels, there are several sponsors on here who sell them.
No I want to order the whole car with competition package, how much extra does it cost from bmw ? I want the cf front splitters, the cf mirrors, black grilles, and the black wheels.
PlutoniumTans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,104
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumTans View Post
No I want to order the whole car with competition package, how much extra does it cost from bmw ? I want the cf front splitters, the cf mirrors, black grilles, and the black wheels.
You will have to contact your dealer about pricing. I would suggest Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. That's where I ordered mine.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

i dont' think you can order it with black wheels, though through a deeler, you can buy it through their parts department seperately, I know doesn't help if you want to wrap it up through financing your whole car.

With your CF splitter and mirror, all that are options you can check off when you order it online, have you browsered the "Build Your Car" section on the BMW website?

With Black grills and fender, you need to buy it from a parts department again like the wheels.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,104
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
i dont' think you can order it with black wheels, though through a deeler, you can buy it through their parts department seperately, I know doesn't help if you want to wrap it up through financing your whole car.
Technic confirmed that this was indeed an option if you ordered through Individual.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,479
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumTans View Post
No I want to order the whole car with competition package, how much extra does it cost from bmw ? I want the cf front splitters, the cf mirrors, black grilles, and the black wheels.
Like THE TECH has stated the only shot you've at getting black wheels, kidney grilles, black side grilles and CF parts is thru the BMW Individual program. The options you are asking about are not part of the Comp Package.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,743
iTrader: (1)

What media outlets are you seeing test cars with the black wheels?

I ask because in some countries, I believe there are provisions for ordering the black wheels. While it might still technically be through individual, the option is included on the price list when ordering the car thus making it readily available. This means that the option is more likely to be spec'd on a media car or test car for example.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn,NY

Posts: 575
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
What media outlets are you seeing test cars with the black wheels?

I ask because in some countries, I believe there are provisions for ordering the black wheels. While it might still technically be through individual, the option is included on the price list when ordering the car thus making it readily available. This means that the option is more likely to be spec'd on a media car or test car for example.


PlutoniumTans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
rye m3
Lieutenant
 
rye m3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York

Posts: 489
iTrader: (2)

No point to get them on the car. They will cost you a fortune. As well, you can order the rear spoiler, splitters, mirror caps, even the premium carbon interior installed at the VDC. These are also a huge cost installed. The M exhaust is $4400 installed. I think the splitters are $900. The rear spoiler is only $600 installed, so it is reasonable considering you know they will glue it on and do a much better job than any dealer. Don't do the rest unless paying retail is really your favorite thing to do. Ask you dealer for the port installed option sheet; they'll have one. I had the rear spoiler done, but did the rest myself as the prices were a rip off.
__________________
E92 M3 MR on Red/Black ZCP Sound
Carbon

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
rye m3 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brooklyn,NY

Posts: 575
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
No point to get them on the car. They will cost you a fortune. As well, you can order the rear spoiler, splitters, mirror caps, even the premium carbon interior installed at the VDC. These are also a huge cost installed. The M exhaust is $4400 installed. I think the splitters are $900. The rear spoiler is only $600 installed, so it is reasonable considering you know they will glue it on and do a much better job than any dealer. Don't do the rest unless paying retail is really your favorite thing to do. Ask you dealer for the port installed option sheet; they'll have one. I had the rear spoiler done, but did the rest myself as the prices were a rip off.
That's true, I just thought of including it into my lease payments maybe, I'm still deciding on m3 or 550i though
PlutoniumTans is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Technic confirmed that this was indeed an option if you ordered through Individual.
yes, wouldn't be cheaper, but if you need to finance the car or lease it, it'll be the only way.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST