BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #89
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I still dont understand why everyone rips obama's head off? Hes blocked on almost everything by the fucking 4 year olds that are currently in congress.
Yes, he's blocked, it's called democracy in action. Republicans don't want him to be successful at fulfilling his agenda. Should the opposition help him?
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      10-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #90
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Yes, he's blocked, it's called democracy in action. Republicans don't want him to be successful at fulfilling his agenda. Should the opposition help him?
Whats going on in congress right now is the opposite of democracy. Its doing a great impression of babies.
      10-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #91
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Whats going on in congress right now is the opposite of democracy. Its doing a great impression of babies.
I presume your indictment includes both parties since it looks like the democrat controlled senate won't pass nobama's jobs bill.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      10-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #92
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
I presume your indictment includes both parties since it looks like the democrat controlled senate won't pass nobama's jobs bill.
As far as im concerned I want them all gone with the exception of a few. I dont care what party they are. They are all a bunch of incompetent fools that bicker and fail to actually resolve anything. If I the kind of job performance that they have I wouldve been fired years ago and yet we reelect these fools!
      10-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #93
driersheets
Banned

Drives: 335i

Quote:
As far as im concerned I want them all gone with the exception of a few. I dont care what party they are. They are all a bunch of incompetent fools that bicker and fail to actually resolve anything. If I the kind of job performance that they have I wouldve been fired years ago and yet we reelect these fools!
yeah what he said
      10-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #94
alms211
Banned

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
So the daily corporate bankruptcies, the bailouts, the Dow at 6500, the recession, the escalating unemployment, the tanking real estate market - those are all still the same? Funny, because it would seem you've had your head up your ass this whole time.

You disregard all the facts and reality of what's actually transpired, just so you can make profane tirades about the guy. You're the problem, you and your ilk are the reason there's a deep divide in govt and in the US population. Because you ignore facts and are purely driven by hate.

You are so delusional I had to go over Reagan's unemployment figures 3 times before you realized that your memories of him are fantasy.
Companies are still folding daily (and many top retailers on the verge of failure or significant stores being shuttered), we never got out of the recession, the housing market is abysmal, unemployment is still 9.xx%. This shit is going on TODAY. Pull your head of out your ass for just a moment and do a reality check for Christsake. You are living in a goddamn fantasty world if you think things are "peachy keen".

Look at your own fucking chart and see how quick Reagan's unemployment numbers improved. Unemployment was NEVER above 11% like you claim. From '83 to '84 unemployment went from 10.xx% to 8% and by '86 is was under 7%. Are you going to sit there and tell me BHO's numbers are anywhere remotely close to those in terms of recovery? Shake your head dude...your eyes are stuck. Stuck on stupid.

Economy recovering? If it does (and it won't with his current stance on policy and regulation), it will be in spite of him not because of him.

See Barry's stunning unemployment numbers here

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Go punch in the timeframe when Reagan was President at the top of that page and you decide who has done better in their first 2.5 years. You will also see that you are a complete fabricator of facts vis a vis unemployment above 11%. You lose....again.

Last edited by alms211; 10-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.
      10-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #95
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

we never got out of the recession - try june 2009
you think things are "peachy keen" - you said that, I didn't. Try debating me, not yourself
Unemployment was NEVER above 11% like you claim. - I never said that, boy you suck at debating
Are you going to tell me BHO's numbers are anywhere remotely close to those in terms of recovery? - No, they're better. Under Reagan, they continued to rise for 2 years, but Obama stabilized it in 9 months, and it was a smaller rise. And Reagan didn't have a bunch of teabagging creationists killing all of his bills.
See Barry's stunning unemployment numbers here - Try looking at that chart after he took office and passed a stimulus plan, you'll see that 90% of the rise is from Bush - you're a stunning idiot.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 10-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      10-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #96
airwave808
First Lieutenant

Drives: MCB E92

Go punch in the timeframe when Reagan was President at the top of that page and you decide who has done better in their first 2.5 years. You will also see that you are a complete fabricator of facts vis a vis unemployment above 11%. You lose....again.[/quote]

When Reagan was President, wealthiest Americans paid almost 90% tax in 1985-86. Are you ready for that? Name me one single thing that this guy has done that other Presidents have not in American history. The only different is that he is partially black and you don't like that. Bottom line is that he is far superior than the guy he replaced.
airwave808 is offline   Canada
      10-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #97
airwave808
First Lieutenant

Drives: MCB E92

Bottom line is that tax rate for some has to go from 36 to 39% and spending needs to be cut if economy is to improve. If you blame everything on the President then I suspect you will always be disappointed no matter who you elect...
airwave808 is offline   Canada
      10-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #98
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

I am not sure I am really qualified to answer this one, but I will try.

IMHO, because Obama is seen is 70's silk and with a cigarette in his mouth, we should infer that he was also a pimp on the side and that he fancied the gange weed...there is also a good chance he drove a Cadillac Sedan DeVille(stolen).

Now the pic of Parry shows a distinguished "white" person near a fighter jet...odds are high he would die for his country and he was a damn good shot with the wing mounted machine gun...his confident grin shows he has a knack for football, which shows his rugged side, yet partakes in cross stitching, showing his vulnerable feminine side also...he is everything to everyone.

Parry, juxtaposed to Obama, shows the cross generational struggle between ebony and ivory, strong and weak, haves and the have nots, good and evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
General question (not pointed at anyone in particular).

What is the added value of bringing up Obama's racial heritage in a Perry vs. Obama thread comparing two Presidential candidates? How does bringing up Obama's mixed racial background further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?

Same question with using Obama's middle name. What added value does using his middle name of traditional Muslim origin add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates? Obama himself doesn't commonly use his middle name (unlike Rick Parry), so how does using Obama's traditional Muslim origin middle name further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?
      10-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #99
mact3333
Captain

Hmmm....wasnt it FDR who once said, "win one for the Gipper"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
Go punch in the timeframe when Reagan was President at the top of that page and you decide who has done better in their first 2.5 years. You will also see that you are a complete fabricator of facts vis a vis unemployment above 11%. You lose....again.
When Reagan was President, wealthiest Americans paid almost 90% tax in 1985-86. Are you ready for that? Name me one single thing that this guy has done that other Presidents have not in American history. The only different is that he is partially black and you don't like that. Bottom line is that he is far superior than the guy he replaced.[/quote]
      10-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #100
NewYearsBoy
Colonel

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Companies are still folding daily (and many top retailers on the verge of failure or significant stores being shuttered), we never got out of the recession, the housing market is abysmal, unemployment is still 9.xx%. This shit is going on TODAY. Pull your head of out your ass for just a moment and do a reality check for Christsake. You are living in a goddamn fantasty world if you think things are "peachy keen".

Look at your own fucking chart and see how quick Reagan's unemployment numbers improved. Unemployment was NEVER above 11% like you claim. From '83 to '84 unemployment went from 10.xx% to 8% and by '86 is was under 7%. Are you going to sit there and tell me BHO's numbers are anywhere remotely close to those in terms of recovery? Shake your head dude...your eyes are stuck. Stuck on stupid.

Economy recovering? If it does (and it won't with his current stance on policy and regulation), it will be in spite of him not because of him.

See Barry's stunning unemployment numbers here

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

I agree so much^^^ This economy is flat out sad..

Quote:
we never got out of the recession - try june 2009
you think things are "peachy keen" - you said that, I didn't. Try debating me, not yourself
Unemployment was NEVER above 11% like you claim. - I never said that, boy you suck at debating
Are you going to tell me BHO's numbers are anywhere remotely close to those in terms of recovery? - No, they're better. Under Reagan, they continued to rise for 2 years, but Obama stabilized it in 9 months, and it was a smaller rise. And Reagan didn't have a bunch of teabagging creationists killing all of his bills.
See Barry's stunning unemployment numbers here - Try looking at that chart after he took office and passed a stimulus plan, you'll see that 90% of the rise is from Bush - you're a stunning idiot.
Are you serious.. Just reading your posts make me want to slam my head against the wall.. Ps- Get a job or do something more productive. People are not going to change their minds just because of a dumb forum.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
NewYearsBoy is offline   United_States
      10-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #101
mact3333
Captain

Here are some facts.

In order to paint a rosier picture and hide the truth, the govt has changed the way they depict unemployment, inflation, GDP.

The unemployment numbers from over 20 yrs ago are accurate, the ones you see from the BLS in modern times are under-reported and are inaccurate...the birth-death model can make the employment numbers look good by making up fictitious jobs...they remove workers who have been looking for more than a month...they remove under-employed workers...there are several more things they do to paint a rosier picture...so if you want a accurate picture of real unemployment and compare apples to apples, you need to report the U6 numbers, which is near 16-17%...now that is reality.

Its all about context...so next time someone tries to argue and state that todays UE rate isnt too bad, please keep this in mind...this has been repeated on these threads at least 10 times yet some choose to ignore these simple concepts.
      10-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #102
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
I agree so much^^^ This economy is flat out sad..
Are you serious.. Just reading your posts make me want to slam my head against the wall.. Ps- Get a job or do something more productive. People are not going to change their minds just because of a dumb forum.
Can you record yourself slamming your head against a wall? That'd be awesome!

I'm very confident I have a much better career than you, but I don't see the relevance. So I've pointed out how the poster you agree with is amazingly misinformed, and your response is to tell me to do something other than post on this forum? And the forum is dumb to boot? Why then would you reduce your own productivity by posting on a dumb forum, other than to change people's minds?

I think I'll start posting much more frequently.
      10-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #103
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Here are some facts.

In order to paint a rosier picture and hide the truth, the govt has changed the way they depict unemployment, inflation, GDP.

The unemployment numbers from over 20 yrs ago are accurate, the ones you see from the BLS in modern times are under-reported and are inaccurate...the birth-death model can make the employment numbers look good by making up fictitious jobs...they remove workers who have been looking for more than a month...they remove under-employed workers...there are several more things they do to paint a rosier picture...so if you want a accurate picture of real unemployment and compare apples to apples, you need to report the U6 numbers, which is near 16-17%...now that is reality.

Its all about context...so next time someone tries to argue and state that todays UE rate isnt too bad, please keep this in mind...this has been repeated on these threads at least 10 times yet some choose to ignore these simple concepts.
Everything with you is a conspiracy theory, it's really getting predictable.
      10-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #104
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post

Hey, I've got a nice brick wall you can come over and slam your head against.

I promise that it will change 100% of my political viewpoints to be exactly like whatever you want them to be....
      10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #105
11Series

Quote:
I am not sure I am really qualified to answer this one, but I will try.

IMHO, because Obama is seen is 70's silk and with a cigarette in his mouth, we should infer that he was also a pimp on the side and that he fancied the gange weed...there is also a good chance he drove a Cadillac Sedan DeVille(stolen).

Now the pic of Parry shows a distinguished "white" person near a fighter jet...odds are high he would die for his country and he was a damn good shot with the wing mounted machine gun...his confident grin shows he has a knack for football, which shows his rugged side, yet partakes in cross stitching, showing his vulnerable feminine side also...he is everything to everyone.

Parry, juxtaposed to Obama, shows the cross generational struggle between ebony and ivory, strong and weak, haves and the have nots, good and evil...

Are we STILL on the topic of a political hack piece where a right-wing liar stole an image of Obama when he was in his late teens from Time Magazine, and lied and said it was from his 20's? And then intentionally went out of his way to blow the Islamaphobic dog-whistle for all you Islamaphobes.

You guys still want to hang this crap around your own necks to represent YOU?

Heck, even Pat-freakin-Robertson thinks you guys are idiots for using this crap.

"Those people in the Republican primary have got to lay off of this stuff. They’re forcing their leaders, the frontrunners, into positions that will mean they lose the general election,” Robertson said on Monday’s broadcast.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pa...ductive-59285/

Is Pat-frickin-Robertson is too liberal for you, how about what Murdoch/Fox Media owned New York Post hard-core rightie John Pohoretz has to say about crap like this:

"This country is in terrible shape. They know it. You know it. They want solutions. You’re providing comedy. This is a serious time. It requires serious leaders. Where’s the gravity? The reason that many on the Right have spent the year hunting somewhere, anywhere, for better candidates to challenge President Obama is becoming ever more plain with each passing day."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...#ixzz1bujg8xoF

So keep up with crap like this. Repeat all the crap you tried in 2008 against Obama. We love the entirely predictable end results.
      10-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #106
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Everything with you is a conspiracy theory, it's really getting predictable.
And everything you dont know about is a lie to you....
      10-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #107
mact3333
Captain

You are so wrapped up in your own little world you wouldnt know humor if you stood next to it in the unemployment line......so you think I am a republican despite the fact I have never voted republican in my life....

Quote:
Are we STILL on the topic of a political hack piece where a right-wing liar stole an image of Obama when he was in his late teens from Time Magazine, and lied and said it was from his 20's? And then intentionally went out of his way to blow the Islamaphobic dog-whistle for all you Islamaphobes.

You guys still want to hang this crap around your own necks to represent YOU?

Heck, even Pat-freakin-Robertson thinks you guys are idiots for using this crap.

"Those people in the Republican primary have got to lay off of this stuff. They’re forcing their leaders, the frontrunners, into positions that will mean they lose the general election,” Robertson said on Monday’s broadcast.

Is Pat-frickin-Robertson is too liberal for you, how about what Murdoch/Fox Media owned New York Post hard-core rightie John Pohoretz has to say about crap like this:

"This country is in terrible shape. They know it. You know it. They want solutions. You’re providing comedy. This is a serious time. It requires serious leaders. Where’s the gravity? The reason that many on the Right have spent the year hunting somewhere, anywhere, for better candidates to challenge President Obama is becoming ever more plain with each passing day."

So keep up with crap like this. Repeat all the crap you tried in 2008 against Obama. We love the entirely predictable end results.
      10-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #108
11Series

Quote:
You are so wrapped up in your own little world you wouldnt know humor if you stood next to it in the unemployment line......so you think I am a republican despite the fact I have never voted republican in my life....
I could care less about what third-party wacko you waste your vote on that will never win. I don't care what you think is "humor", just keep it coming. Keep humping stupid crap like this. Because Pat and John have managed to be right once in their lives about something. And THEY think you guys are idiots for continuing to joke around with this crap. If you weren't sshole deep (AKA well in over your head) in smilies laughing at your own jokes, you'd pay attention. Here it is again for your short attention span:

John Pohoretz:

10-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #109
mact3333
Captain

11. as I have said many times to you on here, you are the most dangerous type of person on here...full of hate and vitriol...closed on in your own little world...a true know t all type that knows just enough to be dangerous but cannot get the big picture.

Not sure whether to embrace occupy wallstreet or hate against it like all things he doesnt truly understand.

I will predict you will learn things that will shake your world over the next 5 yrs...you cannot seem to get over this staged repub-demo fight which shows they have played you like a puppet and you dont even know it...there are so many things out there that you would scoff at cause you dont understand it or have even thought about it.

In all seriousness, try to open up your mind and try to grow as a person...if you're caught up in the media fed repub-demo game, they are spoon feeding you the partisan flavored heroin to keep you mentally docile yet busy with hate to keep you from seeing the truth...a classic juxtaposition if there ever was one.

It always comes down to who controls the money supply...every time...you will never understand society as we know it until you grasp this notion....politics, religion, everything.

I am sure you will come back with another hateful and "I am smarter than you" response, but instead of doing this, humor yourself and try to absorb even 5% of what I just said....having a thoughtful response goes beyond doing a google search to support exactly what you want to say anyway.

Quote:
I could care less about what third-party wacko you waste your vote on that will never win. I don't care what you think is "humor", just keep it coming. Keep humping stupid crap like this. Because Pat and John have managed to be right once in their lives about something. And THEY think you guys are idiots for continuing to joke around with this crap. If you weren't sshole deep (AKA well in over your head) in smilies laughing at your own jokes, you'd pay attention. Here it is again for your short attention span:

John Pohoretz:

10-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #110
11Series

Quote:
11. as I have said many times to you on here, you are the most dangerous type of person on here...full of hate and vitriol...closed on in your own little world...a true know t all type that knows just enough to be dangerous but cannot get the big picture.

Not sure whether to embrace occupy wallstreet or hate against it like all things he doesnt truly understand.

I will predict you will learn things that will shake your world over the next 5 yrs...you cannot seem to get over this staged repub-demo fight which shows they have played you like a puppet and you dont even know it...there are so many things out there that you would scoff at cause you dont understand it or have even thought about it.

In all seriousness, try to open up your mind and try to grow as a person...if you're caught up in the media fed repub-demo game, they are spoon feeding you the partisan flavored heroin to keep you mentally docile yet busy with hate to keep you from seeing the truth...a classic juxtaposition if there ever was one.

It always comes down to who controls the money supply...every time...you will never understand society as we know it until you grasp this notion....politics, religion, everything.

I am sure you will come back with another hateful and "I am smarter than you" response, but instead of doing this, humor yourself and try to absorb even 5% of what I just said....having a thoughtful response goes beyond doing a google search to support exactly what you want to say anyway.

Silly mac333. It's not about me and you. It's about what THESE GUYS are saying:

John Pohoretz: