BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Echo M3
Major
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

After seeing this thread, I feel motivated to head out for a quick run . And feel really lazy for not running this past week at all.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,419
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
I'm glad this run talk was an inspiration for you as well! Is 9 minute mile not good time? Seems fine to me.
Lots of people would luv to run a 9 minute mile......I usually run a 7:50-8:00 minute mile when I'm pushing. Today I just wanted to complete a run with as little pain as possible. Knowing the surgery is on the horizon gives me the light at the end of the pain tunnel. I hope to be able to run at least once every two weeks or so until D-day. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words.....Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
After seeing this thread, I feel motivated to head out for a quick run . And feel really lazy for not running this past week at all.
You got motivated, that's great!
So, did you run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Lots of people would luv to run a 9 minute mile......I usually run a 7:50-8:00 minute mile when I'm pushing. Today I just wanted to complete a run with as little pain as possible. Knowing the surgery is on the horizon gives me the light at the end of the pain tunnel. I hope to be able to run at least once every two weeks or so until D-day. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words.....Phil
Kudos to you Phil! Is it safe for you to run before D-day? I probably would run too, but I sometimes I do things that doctors don't recommend. BTW, how long have you been running?

Drove to Nike outlet store last night, did not find sensor or accessories. They did have an ad banner for it, but no sensor. Might try mall today.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #26
tracer bullet
Captain
 
tracer bullet's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 135i - AW w/ TC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Posts: 722
iTrader: (1)

I think I found my setup at Target. But - I wouldn't count on it still being available at one.

Don't forget that you can bike as well - if you push it a little you'll get good cardio going which will help the running, and it's non impact so you might be able to do it while other things heal. Something to consider.
tracer bullet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #27
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,419
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
You got motivated, that's great!
So, did you run?



Kudos to you Phil! Is it safe for you to run before D-day? I probably would run too, but I sometimes I do things that doctors don't recommend. BTW, how long have you been running?

Drove to Nike outlet store last night, did not find sensor or accessories. They did have an ad banner for it, but no sensor. Might try mall today.
Yeah it's safe to get out. Doctor said it might feel fine while I run but it could flare up one day just walking around. So why not give it a go every now and then. Also checkout the link.........Phil

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?site...d-1/pid-118523
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #28
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I think I found my setup at Target. But - I wouldn't count on it still being available at one.

Don't forget that you can bike as well - if you push it a little you'll get good cardio going which will help the running, and it's non impact so you might be able to do it while other things heal. Something to consider.
Thanks for the advise. I was just wondering if I can / should do other excersises between runs. I have an elliptical at home, which I have not used in a while. But, last night I used it while watching "Lawman" with Steven Seagal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Yeah it's safe to get out. Doctor said it might feel fine while I run but it could flare up one day just walking around. So why not give it a go every now and then. Also checkout the link.........Phil

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?site...d-1/pid-118523
Since doctor did not specifically said that you should not be running, I'd do it too.

Thanks for the link Phil. I think I'm going to get the sensor from Nike's website.
Just need to figure out how to carry iPhone: get armband for it, or something like waste wallet / pouch.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
I walked - ran on Tuesday and Thursday for about 30 min, 2.5 miles each time. Will run on Saturday. I'm taking it slowly.

So far it feels good, pain is gone (knock on wood).

Did not get Nike sensor yet.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #30
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,605
iTrader: (7)

Did you get your stride (or w/e it is) measured at a shop yet? Perhaps the shoes you bought aren't correct for the type of runner you are.
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #31
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,419
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Did you get your stride (or w/e it is) measured at a shop yet? Perhaps the shoes you bought aren't correct for the type of runner you are.
Yeah this is a good idea.....go to a running specialty shop and get a gait analysis. The right shoes will pay big dividends.........Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #32
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Did you get your stride (or w/e it is) measured at a shop yet? Perhaps the shoes you bought aren't correct for the type of runner you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Yeah this is a good idea.....go to a running specialty shop and get a gait analysis. The right shoes will pay big dividends.........Phil

Thanks for the thought guys. Before I bought my shoes, I did go to specialty running store, and they did check my feet and how I run. So, they told me I have flat arch, and I'm overpronator (I keep confusing over and under).

If I did not mess it too too much, the shoes I got (Adidas Response Stability 3) should be right ones for me.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #33
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
Got new Adidas Response Stability 3 running shoes and ready to go.
Adidas kick ass. You made a great choice. I've been running practically my whole life and swear by Adidas.
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Adidas kick ass. You made a great choice. I've been running practically my whole life and swear by Adidas.
Thanks! And I hear what you say about Adidas. I also like their stuff to the extent people can probably call me Adidas fan.

Although I did get some Nike things at Macys (gotta love their sales ): jacket and pants. So far, both are pretty awesome, very comfortable.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #35
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
BTW, like starting running was not enough, for my cross training I'm going to start bicycling. Did about 6 - 6.5 miles after the run on Saturday on my mountain bike.

Mountain bike is not that grate on paved roads, so got inexpensive hybrid / comfort bike at Sports Authority to get me started.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #36
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
BTW, like starting running was not enough, for my cross training I'm going to start bicycling. Did about 6 - 6.5 miles after the run on Saturday on my mountain bike.

Mountain bike is not that grate on paved roads, so got inexpensive hybrid / comfort bike at Sports Authority to get me started.
I mountain bike too. Every Sunday for the last 10 years, myself and 2 of my friends try to kill ourselves on the trails! Sometimes I actually feel really lucky to have gotten into it. Over the years, this obsession of ours has taken us all over the US. We all swear by Santa Cruz bikes.

Check out this trail in Sedona, AZ.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #37
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I mountain bike too. Every Sunday for the last 10 years, myself and 2 of my friends try to kill ourselves on the trails! Sometimes I actually feel really lucky to have gotten into it. Over the years, this obsession of ours has taken us all over the US. We all swear by Santa Cruz bikes.

Check out this trail in Sedona, AZ.
That is awesome picture man!

If I get into better shape, I'm going to do mountain biking more. Right now I don't to much, but hopefully that's about to change. I'm starting road biking with couple of my neighbors on Sunday. Will still try to do occasional mountain biking, but might need new bike for that. I got crappy Mongoose, and don't like it too too much.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #38
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
I read earlier in the thread to not neglect interval training.

Interval training is good for burning fat and losing weight, it keeps your metabolism running in high gear a little longer than just a slower, long run. But if your overall goal is distance and not necessarily speed, then you really don't need to worry about intervals. They help develop your speed a bit more than anything else.

5K is a good starting point. You can do broken miles or half-miles. Just run for a mile or a half a mile, then walk for a bit (recovery is really based on how you feel, if you are pooped, take a longer walk, if not, shorten it up), then after you feel ready, do another mile or half mile running. Eventually you can do a mile and a half run, then walk a bit, and go another mile and a half. Then soon you'll be able to run a full 5K with no walking.

You can do it, just don't push too hard too soon. You need to gradually go into it. Also, never EVER forget to stretch! Personally, I will start off by running in place for a while or doing jumping jacks for a bit, then bring it down and start a proper breathing and stretching technique. THEN go for your run. After you're done running, do a proper cooldown by jogging or walking slowly, breathing deep, then stop and do another stretch. Proper stretching prevents injury. Never stretch a cold muscle.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #39
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I read earlier in the thread to not neglect interval training.

Interval training is good for burning fat and losing weight, it keeps your metabolism running in high gear a little longer than just a slower, long run. But if your overall goal is distance and not necessarily speed, then you really don't need to worry about intervals. They help develop your speed a bit more than anything else.

5K is a good starting point. You can do broken miles or half-miles. Just run for a mile or a half a mile, then walk for a bit (recovery is really based on how you feel, if you are pooped, take a longer walk, if not, shorten it up), then after you feel ready, do another mile or half mile running. Eventually you can do a mile and a half run, then walk a bit, and go another mile and a half. Then soon you'll be able to run a full 5K with no walking.

You can do it, just don't push too hard too soon. You need to gradually go into it. Also, never EVER forget to stretch! Personally, I will start off by running in place for a while or doing jumping jacks for a bit, then bring it down and start a proper breathing and stretching technique. THEN go for your run. After you're done running, do a proper cooldown by jogging or walking slowly, breathing deep, then stop and do another stretch. Proper stretching prevents injury. Never stretch a cold muscle.
Thanks for the input. I keep forgetting about not pushing too hard too soon. So, your post is another reminder.

On Monday I increased my mileage by about 0.5 mile. In addition, instead of normal walk / run intervals, I felt like I could do faster than usual runs. So, I did it... Like that was not enough, for my "cool down" I decided to sprint up the hill, so I sprinted like I meant it... I realized that it was stupid right after my uphill sprint, because my knees started to hurt, very blunt uncomfortable pain... And it's different kind of pain from what I had before. It hurts on the inside.

Two days later that paid did not go away... I still have it... Will try to do good warm up, and see if I can run. Although I doubt it. So, I will most likely will just do like an hour walk. Man I feel stupid...
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i

Last edited by Bumer; 10-26-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
Thanks for the input. I keep forgetting about not pushing too hard too soon. So, your post is another reminder.

On Monday I increased my mileage by about 0.5 mile. In addition, instead of normal walk / run intervals, I felt like I could do faster than usual runs. So, I did it... Like that was not enough, for my "cool down" I decided to sprint up the hill, so I sprinted like I meant it... I realized that it was stupid right after my uphill sprint, because my knees started to hurt, very blunt uncomfortable pain... And it's different kind of pain from what I had before. It hurts on the inside.

Two days later that paid did not go away... I still have it... Will try to do good warm up, and see if I can run. Although I doubt it. So, I will most likely will just do like an hour walk. Man I feel stupid...
No problem. Ibuprofen is always good to take for general aches and pains, since it is an anti-inlflammatory medication. If I find that I pushed myself a little too hard in a workout and have some aches, I take a couple of those and usually they help.

If you're cooldown was the uphill sprint and then you just stopped and were done, then that isn't exactly good. You need to slowly bring your heartrate from high to low by slowing down, then jogging, then walking. Once you're heartrate is at a reasonable level (depending on your level of fitness) you should do a nice stretch and focus on breathing properly. Sure, it takes a little time and adds that to the time you already spent in the workout, but it really is invaluable and can seriously help prevent injuries and soreness.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #41
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No problem. Ibuprofen is always good to take for general aches and pains, since it is an anti-inlflammatory medication. If I find that I pushed myself a little too hard in a workout and have some aches, I take a couple of those and usually they help.

If you're cooldown was the uphill sprint and then you just stopped and were done, then that isn't exactly good. You need to slowly bring your heartrate from high to low by slowing down, then jogging, then walking. Once you're heartrate is at a reasonable level (depending on your level of fitness) you should do a nice stretch and focus on breathing properly. Sure, it takes a little time and adds that to the time you already spent in the workout, but it really is invaluable and can seriously help prevent injuries and soreness.
I got some Chinese Tiger Balm, which feels nice few minutes after rubbing it in.

When you were starting, did you have lots of pain and discomfort?

BTW, I did went for a run last night, regardless of pain. But it was somewhat painfull It felt like I weight 50 lbs more, but I did it!

Now I'm going to rest until Saturday.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #42
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
I got some Chinese Tiger Balm, which feels nice few minutes after rubbing it in.

When you were starting, did you have lots of pain and discomfort?

BTW, I did went for a run last night, regardless of pain. But it was somewhat painfull It felt like I weight 50 lbs more, but I did it!

Now I'm going to rest until Saturday.
I'm inconsistent with running. I don't like to run, but I have to for my training, so I do when I have to. Instead I like to bike and swim.

When I stop running for a while and start back up, I get some pain but not a lot. As long as I cool down and stretch it usually goes away. Also, if you take some Fish Oil supplement, it reduces inflammation and pain a little, and it's natural (not a drug). I take fish oil for the heart health, but it has other good side effects, since I don't eat a lot of fish.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #43
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
 
Bumer's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 212
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I'm inconsistent with running. I don't like to run, but I have to for my training, so I do when I have to. Instead I like to bike and swim.

When I stop running for a while and start back up, I get some pain but not a lot. As long as I cool down and stretch it usually goes away. Also, if you take some Fish Oil supplement, it reduces inflammation and pain a little, and it's natural (not a drug). I take fish oil for the heart health, but it has other good side effects, since I don't eat a lot of fish.
When I was in high school, I hated PE classes and particularly running. I was ok with running very short distances (because i was vast, really fast ) but anything longer than couple hundred yards I just refused to do. Now, that I'm trying to start whole running thing, I actually enjoy it - running for 30 mins listening to the radio - seems good so far. Would really like to run 5k, and run it fast (if I can).

Thank you for mentioning fish oil. The bottle of fish oil with flax seeds has been in my fridge for quite a while. When I bought it, I was taking I tablespoon everyday, but it's been a while since then. But, I did have one full tablespoon today, thanks to you. May be I can keep it up, and have it everyday, since supposedly it's good.

So... Today is my rest day... It's about 1:00 am and I'm resting, really resting: just sitting on the couch, watching "Going Bad" on Netflix, and drinking cognac.

Speaking of cognac, or any other alcohol for that matter, are there any reasons I should not be drinking?
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Bumer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #44
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Well, alcohol weakens the immune system and slows the recovery process. If you are REALLY serious about it, then you shouldn't drink at all or should drink very little and only once in a while. Basically I wouldn't recommend getting totally drunk, but having a drink or two from time to time isn't that big of a deal
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST