BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Anyone in the San Diego area?

Just placed a deposit a new E90 from BMW of Encinitas. I live in Nor Cal so I can go and see the car.

Anyone one in the area able to go check out the car for a fellow M3post member?

Since they put white powder coated wheels on it and I wanted to know if someone can go over there and do a "look over" and see what else might have been done and to make sure the car is in pristine condition.

Here's what the car looks like:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598406

Greatly appreciate it!!!
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
John Dempsey
Banned
 
Drives: White 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Encinitas

Posts: 590
iTrader: (0)

I saw the car last week and it was in perfect condition, and I really liked the white wheels.
John Dempsey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
I saw the car last week and it was in perfect condition, and I really liked the white wheels.
Thank you for the info. Hopefully, I'll get the paperwork soon and pick it up by the end of the month. How are the people at the dealership? I'm working with PETER GAUTILLE, Internet Sales Manager & Aaron Duport the Sales Manager.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

I have bought 7 BMW's from them in the past two years. I personally almost bought the sedan that you did but decided I have to have a coupe. I am also the only person to drive the sedan (dont worry I took it super easy!) The white wheels came on my 2011.5 ZCP coupe that they ordered me. I personally thought the white wheels looked like hell. I had them switch the white wheels off of my coupe with the wheels on the sedan. The car is 100% stock otherwise and its fully loaded.

Steve Yueno is without question the best salesman under the planet and makes the process painless everytime.( dont know Peter very well) Aaron is also a great guy as with everyone there. I live a half mile from the place and if you want me to go check anything else out let me know!

BTW - It really is a beautiful car
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
I have bought 7 BMW's from them in the past two years. I personally almost bought the sedan that you did but decided I have to have a coupe. I am also the only person to drive the sedan (dont worry I took it super easy!) The white wheels came on my 2011.5 ZCP coupe that they ordered me. I personally thought the white wheels looked like hell. I had them switch the white wheels off of my coupe with the wheels on the sedan. The car is 100% stock otherwise and its fully loaded.

Steve Yueno is without question the best salesman under the planet and makes the process painless everytime.( dont know Peter very well) Aaron is also a great guy as with everyone there. I live a half mile from the place and if you want me to go check anything else out let me know!

BTW - It really is a beautiful car
I feel much better now knowing others have seen this car in person. The car now has 61 miles so I'm sure others have driven it as well. How long ago did you see the car?

It's too funny, I asked them if they could switch the white wheels with another M3 as well. They said they couldn't.

Did you order the white wheels from the factory or had them powder coated locally? My plan all along was to get them done in black so it didn't really matter if they are white. I just didnt want to pay $980 for them (that's what they were asking for). Everyone who I showed the pictures thought they looked nice but it,was too "ricey"/tuner like. I didn't want them due to the high maintenance factor. But guys on this board actually liked them.

Small world, love the forum for this exact reason!!!
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
hgtran21
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san diego

Posts: 493
iTrader: (1)

i could also check out the car if you wanted i live pretty close to that dealership. i personally think its ok color. im sure someone on the boards will want to swap you.
hgtran21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgtran21 View Post
i could also check out the car if you wanted i live pretty close to that dealership. i personally think its ok color. im sure someone on the boards will want to swap you.
hgtran21, I think I'm good as the car's been vouched by 2 others who has seen the car recently. If you're in the area and want to stop by, great, if not, no worries. Thank you everyone for your help!!! Can't wait, picking up at the end of the month. I wish it was tomorrow!!!
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
hgtran21
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san diego

Posts: 493
iTrader: (1)

no problem
hgtran21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

My car came from another dealer who powder coated the wheels white. The white wheels were a deal breaker for me so they switched them.

Oh and as to the 61 miles on the car I personally put on 55 of them. I kept going back and forth between the coupe and the sedan so I had to go on the "good customer extended test drive" to make sure it was what I wanted. Trust me when I tell you that I was super mellow in the car and drove it like it was my own. You really are getting an amazing car, if I were to get 4 doors that would be the exact car for me.
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #10
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
My car came from another dealer who powder coated the wheels white. The white wheels were a deal breaker for me so they switched them.

Oh and as to the 61 miles on the car I personally put on 55 of them. I kept going back and forth between the coupe and the sedan so I had to go on the "good customer extended test drive" to make sure it was what I wanted. Trust me when I tell you that I was super mellow in the car and drove it like it was my own. You really are getting an amazing car, if I were to get 4 doors that would be the exact car for me.
I feel much better knowing another member drove most of the miles and not some random buyer who might have reved them over 5500 rpm.

I'm trying to find someone to trade those wheels with, nothing yet. Not a big deal as my buddy has his done black for only $200.

Would love to ask you more about the car and the deal you got. I'm paying $600 over invoice but they are playing hardball on other things. Can you PM me?
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

I just got a quote to powder coat them to semi-gloss black from white. Not happy, it's going to cost me about $200/per wheel. They have to remove the white and then redo them which is much much more then the $200 total from factory.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
IrishCoffee
First Lieutenant
 
IrishCoffee's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '14 328i, '14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 367
iTrader: (0)

I was at BMW of Encinitas randomly today (dropping off a friend for service). I ran across the M3 Sedan with the white wheels mentioned here and realized it was the one in the thread I'd read about the previous day.

I didn't think I'd like it after reading about it here, but it looks pretty good actually. Definitely diffferent and unique. Looks very clean.

I saw it has a sold slip on the windshield. Is that you?
IrishCoffee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,104
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
I'll pick it up for you and drive it up to you in SF. Just trying to help a brother out.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullan View Post
I was at BMW of Encinitas randomly today (dropping off a friend for service). I ran across the M3 Sedan with the white wheels mentioned here and realized it was the one in the thread I'd read about the previous day.

I didn't think I'd like it after reading about it here, but it looks pretty good actually. Definitely diffferent and unique. Looks very clean.

I saw it has a sold slip on the windshield. Is that you?
Yes, that's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I'll pick it up for you and drive it up to you in SF. Just trying to help a brother out.
Thanks for the offer. I'll be coming in next week and picking it up in person and driving it back. If plans change, I'll let you know
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
I have bought 7 BMW's from them in the past two years. I personally almost bought the sedan that you did but decided I have to have a coupe. I am also the only person to drive the sedan (dont worry I took it super easy!) The white wheels came on my 2011.5 ZCP coupe that they ordered me. I personally thought the white wheels looked like hell. I had them switch the white wheels off of my coupe with the wheels on the sedan. The car is 100% stock otherwise and its fully loaded.

Steve Yueno is without question the best salesman under the planet and makes the process painless everytime.( dont know Peter very well) Aaron is also a great guy as with everyone there. I live a half mile from the place and if you want me to go check anything else out let me know!

BTW - It really is a beautiful car
Raptor251, Glad we can swap out the wheels/tires between the 2 cars. Looking forward to picking up the sedan!!! Funny how things work out...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST