BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

PYSPEED
View Poll Results: Who would you most like to see run against Obama in 2012?
Michele Bachmann 0 0%
Herman Cain 5 8.47%
Newt Gingrich 5 8.47%
Jon Huntsman 1 1.69%
Gary Johnson 0 0%
Fred Karger 0 0%
Andy Martin 0 0%
Thad McCotter 0 0%
Jimmy McMillan 0 0%
Tom Miller 0 0%
Roy Moore 0 0%
Ron Paul 22 37.29%
Tim Pawlenty 1 1.69%
Buddy Roemer 0 0%
Mitt Romney 12 20.34%
Rick Santorum 1 1.69%
Vern Wuensche 0 0%
John Bolton 0 0%
Scott Brown 0 0%
Rudy Giuliani 2 3.39%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Sarah Palin 3 5.08%
Rick Perry 5 8.47%
Paul Ryan 0 0%
Allen West 2 3.39%
Chris Christie 8 13.56%
Jeb Bush 5 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

10-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #89
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
It will be awesome to see the Tea Party Republicans wholesale abandon their values and snuggle up to their new Bain Capital Wall Street Banker overlord with his past business partnerships with Goldman Sucks. With something resembling a smile and a soft "ooohh baby, tell me more" they will listen as Romney romances them with how his Socialized Medicine laws he signed are such an awesome idea. Then the next morning Romney can say "It's all good honey" and recount all his old speeches about how they don't have to carry that baby, they can choose an Abortion instead since they've already completely sold out.

The most popular poller from the current weak crop of Republican has-been's and never-been's is "none of these losers". Never has a nomination needed so badly for someone, anyone else to replace the current mess of fatally flawed candidates. Too bad for you guys it's too late now.
Would that the republicans had the perfect nominee--they don't. But the current president is so terribly bad for this great country that it really doesn't matter. Any candidate that is not Obama will get the majority of Republican and most of the Independent votes. You see, there is no other option for those that just can't stand what this man has done, and not done. I would vote this man out no matter which one wins the nomination and there are a whole lot of people that feel exactly the same way.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      10-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #90
alms211
Banned

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
It will be awesome to see the Tea Party Republicans wholesale abandon their values and snuggle up to their new Bain Capital Wall Street Banker overlord with his past business partnerships with Goldman Sucks. With something resembling a smile and a soft "ooohh baby, tell me more" they will listen as Romney romances them with how his Socialized Medicine laws he signed are such an awesome idea. Then the next morning Romney can say "It's all good honey" and recount all his old speeches about how they don't have to carry that baby, they can choose an Abortion instead since they've already completely sold out.

The most popular poller from the current weak crop of Republican has-been's and never-been's is "none of these losers". Never has a nomination needed so badly for someone, anyone else to replace the current mess of fatally flawed candidates. Too bad for you guys it's too late now.
Funny, you mention Goldman Sucks. They were the second largest contributor to your boy Barry. In fact, take a look at the list attached and see Morgan Stanley, Citi, JP Morgan in addition to GS for a total of $3MM contributed to BHO last election cycle.... far exceeding any Republican by a mile. If anybody is in bed with Wall Street it's your boy. Thanks for the self ownage.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/co...?cid=N00009638

Last edited by alms211; 10-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.
      10-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #91
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Would that the republicans had the perfect nominee--they don't. But the current president is so terribly bad for this great country that it really doesn't matter. Any candidate that is not Obama will get the majority of Republican and most of the Independent votes. You see, there is no other option for those that just can't stand what this man has done, and not done. I would vote this man out no matter which one wins the nomination and there are a whole lot of people that feel exactly the same way.
Your problem is you are continually blind to how much more people dislike the Tea Party Republicans. You keep making the same mistake over and over. You keep thinking that Obama job disapproval numbers means that Tea Party and Republican approval numbers automatically go up.

But the same disapproval you talk about for Obama is EVEN WORSE when you look at the disapproval numbers for the Tea Party, and the Tea Party Republican House. They are lower than Bush's numbers at the end of his term.

You think disapproval translates into pro-Tea Party Republican votes. But they don't. Massive disapproval translates to protests, marches, and "F LI C K . Y O U . A L L" votes, not Tea Party Republican votes.
      10-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #92
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Funny, you mention Goldman Sucks. They were the second largest contributor to your boy Barry. In fact, take a look at the list attached and see Morgan Stanley, Citi, et al for $3MM contributed to BHO. far exceeding any Republican by a mile. If anybody is in bed with Wall Street it's your boy. Thanks for the self ownage.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/co...?cid=N00009638

That's REAL funny, because Mitt Romney gets 9 out of every 10 dollars donated by Goldman Sucks. A full order of magnitude larger than Obama.

Ownage right back at your own ignorance, and your 3 years out of date links. Here are the numbers as of 10/17/11, as opposed to your 2008 numbers. In case pictures aren't clear enough for you, the huge dark red section dominating these graphs is Romney whoring himself back out to his buddies he used to work shoulder to shoulder with on Wall Street.
Attached Images

10-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #93
alms211
Banned

So there is a total of $850K to Romney ---- and Goldman Sachs donated $1MM ALONE to your boy in 2008...and those same companies donated $3MM to $850K. You aren't very good at math are you?

Great source as well.....HUffington Post
      10-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #94
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
C'mon, I really like nobama! Really! No kidding! Please believe me!

I like him so much I'd like him as my next door neighbor. Matter of fact, I think I'll start sending him home sale ads from down my way.

It's just the right think to do, after all, he'll need a new place to live pretty soon.
You just have to post, even if you have nothing to say.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      10-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #95
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
.....sorry pal, the guy isn't very bright
Once again, I'm not your pal, and you still suck at debating. He was magna cum laude at Harvard law, so next time, try making a legitimate point, instead of merely stating the opposite of the truth.
      10-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #96
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
there is no other option for those that just can't stand what this man has done, and not done. I would vote this man out no matter which one wins the nomination and there are a whole lot of people that feel exactly the same way.
Booohooo. What a terrible man he is! He passed healthcare reform - my god! He pulled us out of the imminent economic collapse we were headed for. He got our troops out of Iraq. He got Bin Laden. He repealed DADT. What a bastard! And that wife of his - trying to get kids to be healthy - the nerve! When it comes to sugar and fat, kids should "just say no".

Sorry he can't float over the earth, sprinkling magic fairy dust to fix the worldwide economy. Maybe Romney can use his magic underwear.
      10-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #97
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
your boy Barry.... it's your boy.... to your boy
Yeah, we all know where you're coming from.
      10-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #98
alms211
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Once again, I'm not your pal, and you still suck at debating. He was magna cum laude at Harvard law, so next time, try making a legitimate point, instead of merely stating the opposite of the truth.
Ah yes, the typical liberal MO...resort to name calling and get emotional....on an internet forum to boot. Who'da thunkit?

So, you think one's GPA is a direct reflection on one's level of intelligence? I don't. Just as a side point, what were BHO's grades at Harvard? Oh that's right......nobody knows them but BHO becasue he won't release them. Makes you wonder huh?

Try this on for size.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...-mythical.html
      10-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #99
11Series

Quote:
Ah yes, the typical liberal MO...resort to name calling and get emotional....on an internet forum to boot. Who'da thunkit?

So, you think one's GPA is a direct reflection on one's level of intelligence? I don't. Just as a side point, what were BHO's grades at Harvard? Oh that's right......nobody knows them but BHO becasue he won't release them. Makes you wonder huh?

Try this on for size.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...-mythical.html
His grades were somewhere between the top 20% of his class at Harvard, and the top 5% at Harvard, plus Obama did work that warranted special recognition. That's what Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law School means. Yes, this is a direct reflection of Obama's high level of intelligence.

Are you implying that somewhere between the top 5% and the top 20%, that Harvard Law School Graduates are all stupid? Or do you just have a problem accepting that a guy named Barack Obama can be so much smarter than you that it makes you babble mindlessly and cry like first grader?

Last edited by 11Series; 10-19-2011 at 10:24 AM.
      10-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #100
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't aware that in stating the opinion that you suck at debating, I resorted to name-calling. Thanks for clearing that up for me. And BTW, any one of us can pull about a thousand examples of name-calling from the right, so what's your point? Also, how am I getting emotional? I used no punctuation other than a period, and no emoticons. In fact, this is quite bizarre, coming from a guy who uses "For Christsake" several times per post.
Quote:
So, you think one's GPA is a direct reflection on one's level of intelligence? I don't.
Well that certainly explains a lot about you. I'd say that any normally-wired person would classify a top Harvard Law grad as intelligent, but I guess that's what makes you who you are.
Quote:
Just as a side point, what were BHO's grades at Harvard? Oh that's right......nobody knows them but BHO becasue he won't release them. Makes you wonder huh?
No, doesn't make me wonder at all - just as I didn't wonder about any other President's grades that I never saw. I think his Magna Cum Laude status speaks for itself, unless you're one of those conspiracy guys, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.
      10-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #101
11Series

Quote:
So there is a total of $850K to Romney ---- and Goldman Sachs donated $1MM ALONE to your boy in 2008...and those same companies donated $3MM to $850K. You aren't very good at math are you?

Great source as well.....HUffington Post
You are comparing early primary totals from before a single primary contest has been held, to totals from the end of the entire 2008 General Election. Romney has WAY, WAY more money from Wall Street and Goldman Sucks than Obama had at this same point in the 2008 election cycle. So much more that you should be embarrassed to even bring up the comparison.

So let me get this straight. You don't accept a graph of numbers straight from candidate disclosure papers, just because the graph was created by huffington post. Even though multiple news sites all reported the same numbers. If you think these numbers are wrong, try to debunk them with some right wing nutter website. I'll provide a link to the primary source data, and make you look silly yet again. Let's do it.

But you think that some mindless hack website called "atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com" is a super awesome authoritative site.

*FACEPALM*

Last edited by 11Series; 10-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.
      10-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #102
alms211
Banned

Quote:
His grades were somewhere between the top 20% of his class at Harvard, and the top 5% at Harvard, plus Obama did work that warranted special recognition. That's what Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law School means. Yes, this is a direct reflection of Obama's high level of intelligence.

Are you implying that somewhere between the top 5% and the top 20%, that Harvard Law School Graduates are all stupid? Or do you just have a problem accepting that a guy named Barack Obama can be so much smarter than you that it makes you babble mindlessly and cry like first grader?
If he is so intelligent then why wasn't he offered a clerkship? NOT A ONE. That speaks volumes.
      10-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #103
11Series

Quote:
If he is so intelligent then why wasn't he offered a clerkship? NOT A ONE. That speaks volumes.
This is what happens when you rely upon some crappy righwing blog site named after a God-Hating Atheist Russian fiction writer. You get your facts wrong.

Obama actually TURNED DOWN clerkship when offered.

Here is what happens when you find real sources, The New York Times:

"There was that young lawyer from Hawaii and Harvard, Barack Obama, who turned down a Mikva clerkship offer, instead choosing to go back to Chicago and enter politics. I thought, this guy really has brass, Judge Mikva recalled"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/us...s/26mikva.html

So even according to your own pointless and idiotic standard of being offered clerkship being the ONLY way for Obama to be intelligent, Obama passes your own test.

Man, you guys are awesome at making yourselves look stupid by regurgitating whatever idiotic thing you are told without doing an ounce of fact-checking. Fact checking is easy. Try it sometime, it will help you avoid looking so stupid in the future.
      10-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #104
OldArmy
Lieutenant

He's interning now, albeit not so successfully but, like before, he can always go back to Chicago.
      10-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #105
11Series

Which Mitt do you support for President?

http://www.whichmitt.com
      10-20-2011, 04:16 AM   #106
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Great flip-flops in history.....From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
      10-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #107
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Great flip-flops in history.....From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
"The above quote consists of two excerpts from a long speech delivered by Barack Obama during a Senate debate over raising the national debt limit on March 16, 2006. Along with his entire party, Senator Obama voted against the increase, which passed nonetheless with overwhelming Republican support."

So really, this was not just an Obama flip-flop, this was a wholesale reversal of today's situation by the entire democratic congress and republican congress. You left out that crucial fact, either by deception or ignorance.

The more relevant question is, why did the repubs embrace it then, when now they act like it's only irresponsible dems who support debt ceiling increases? Could it be perhaps that the party in power understands the necessary evil of raising it, whereas the other side can act all righteous and wash their hands of it? So instead of blaming one side, just chalk it up to an undesirable necessity of government, and move on.
      10-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #108
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Just a little update for 2011....

WASHINGTON, Oct. 19 (UPI) -- Democratic President Barack Obama is blowing away his Republican challengers when it comes to soliciting donations on Wall Street, fundraising figures show.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday its analysis of contribution data reveals Obama has raised more from the financial and banking sector this year than all of the GOP presidential hopefuls combined.

Obama, the numbers show, received more money from fewer donors, the newspaper said.

The president even out-raised Mitt Romney at Bain Capital, a private equity firm in Boston the former Massachusetts governor co-founded. Romney pulled in $34,000 from 18 Bain employees while Obama took in $76,600 from three Bain employees, the Post found in its review of data from the Center for Responsive Politics.

Obama's fundraising benefits from his raising money not only for himself but also for the Democratic National Committee, which then contributes to his re-election effort.

Apart from the nearly $12 million he helped raise for the DNC, Obama has raised $3.9 million from the finance sector for his own campaign committee, compared with Romney's $7.5 million and nearly $2 million by Texas Gov. Rick Perry. No other GOP candidate surpassed $400,000 from the finance sector, the Post said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...#ixzz1bN6g2LRa
      10-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #109
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Just a little update for 2011....

WASHINGTON, Oct. 19 (UPI) -- Democratic President Barack Obama is blowing away his Republican challengers when it comes to soliciting donations on Wall Street, fundraising figures show.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday its analysis of contribution data reveals Obama has raised more from the financial and banking sector this year than all of the GOP presidential hopefuls combined.

Obama, the numbers show, received more money from fewer donors, the newspaper said.

The president even out-raised Mitt Romney at Bain Capital, a private equity firm in Boston the former Massachusetts governor co-founded. Romney pulled in $34,000 from 18 Bain employees while Obama took in $76,600 from three Bain employees, the Post found in its review of data from the Center for Responsive Politics.

Obama's fundraising benefits from his raising money not only for himself but also for the Democratic National Committee, which then contributes to his re-election effort.

Apart from the nearly $12 million he helped raise for the DNC, Obama has raised $3.9 million from the finance sector for his own campaign committee, compared with Romney's $7.5 million and nearly $2 million by Texas Gov. Rick Perry. No other GOP candidate surpassed $400,000 from the finance sector, the Post said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...#ixzz1bN6g2LRa
Wow an encumbent president receiving more money from Wall street doners than his challengers. Shocking!!!! I'm sure that's never happened before.

Are you outraged that the president is receiving money from Wall street or are you just pissed he's raising more money than his Republican challengers???
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      10-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #110
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Wow an encumbent president receiving more money from Wall street doners than his challengers. Shocking!!!! I'm sure that's never happened before.

Are you outraged that the president is receiving money from Wall street or are you just pissed he's raising more money than his Republican challengers???
He' most likely really pissed about Obama's policy of being black.