BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus
View Poll Results: Who would you most like to see run against Obama in 2012?
Michele Bachmann 0 0%
Herman Cain 5 8.47%
Newt Gingrich 5 8.47%
Jon Huntsman 1 1.69%
Gary Johnson 0 0%
Fred Karger 0 0%
Andy Martin 0 0%
Thad McCotter 0 0%
Jimmy McMillan 0 0%
Tom Miller 0 0%
Roy Moore 0 0%
Ron Paul 22 37.29%
Tim Pawlenty 1 1.69%
Buddy Roemer 0 0%
Mitt Romney 12 20.34%
Rick Santorum 1 1.69%
Vern Wuensche 0 0%
John Bolton 0 0%
Scott Brown 0 0%
Rudy Giuliani 2 3.39%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Sarah Palin 3 5.08%
Rick Perry 5 8.47%
Paul Ryan 0 0%
Allen West 2 3.39%
Chris Christie 8 13.56%
Jeb Bush 5 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

09-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #67
11Series
Rep

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecleland View Post
I'll admit they scurried away like cockroaches but they are still out there now operating under different names. Look it up.

You paranoid right-wingers are the funniest! Oh no, the monster in your closet is now under your bed and behind the curtains and under your pillow too!

I bet you think ACORN is busy getting Bush's FEMA trailers ready to imprison you after the SEIU drag you out of your bed in the middle of the night....
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #68
ecleland
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335d (sold)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post

You paranoid right-wingers are the funniest! Oh no, the monster in your closet is now under your bed and behind the curtains and under your pillow too!

I bet you think ACORN is busy getting Bush's FEMA trailers ready to imprison you after the SEIU drag you out of your bed in the middle of the night....
Yea laugh it up but that is not a denial. ACORN is now called Affordable Housing Centers of America Inc. (AHCOA) among other splinter groups and its being funded buy HUD.

http://www.amazon.com/Subversion-Inc...reative=380733

Thanks to the second amendment and the fact that I live in TX I am not to worked about your second worthless point.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #69
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Yea laugh it up but that is not a denial. ACORN is now called Affordable Housing Centers of America Inc. (AHCOA) among other splinter groups and its being funded buy HUD.

Oh god, you nutters are a gas, paranoid of every leaf shaking on every tree. Watch out, they are behind you! No, the other behind you!! DUCK!

Let me get this straight. Your latest Obama conspiracy theory is that back in 1986, Obama knew that ACORN was going to disband while he was the 44th US President. So he got his co-conspirators to create the Affordable Housing Centers of America Inc. (AHCOA) to lay in waiting to take over when ACORN disbanded. Next you are going to tell us that Osama Bin Laden isn't dead, he's running a branch of AHCOA in Pittsburgh...

You suckers will believe anything that is sold to you for the low, low, low price of just $19.95. Order now and get your free Salad Shooter and Pocket Fisherman (PS&H are extra).

Let me guess, you also have a copy of Obama's Kenyan birth certificate that you really, really, really say is 100% authentic!! You also got it from some book for only $19.95 on amazon.com. And the author of the book and a handful of shill "reviews" say the book is super awesome too, so it must be true!

This thread is called the "Serious question for Republicans" thread. I think you meant to post on the "Stupid conspiracy nut-bag blathering for Republicans" thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #70
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Subversion-Inc...reative=380733

Thanks to the second amendment and the fact that I live in TX I am not to worked about your second worthless point.
Wow you are a crazed nutter. Just regurgitating the same ol' tired GOP rhetoric. What's your problem with ACORN? Please explain.
      09-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #71
ecleland
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Wow you are a crazed nutter. Just regurgitating the same ol' tired GOP rhetoric. What's your problem with ACORN? Please explain.
read the book if you really care but I doubt you do.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #72
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
read the book if you really care but I doubt you do.
So you can't put into words why you have such hatred for ACORN. Is that what you're saying? All you can do is direct me towards other people's opinions. How about you come up with a good reason as to why you have to vent such hatred of a group who's intention it is to help people in low and mid level income communities.
      09-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #73
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i

Wow I'm very suprised to see I wasn't the only Ron Paul fan.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #74
ecleland
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
So you can't put into words why you have such hatred for ACORN. Is that what you're saying? All you can do is direct me towards other people's opinions. How about you come up with a good reason as to why you have to vent such hatred of a group who's intention it is to help people in low and mid level income communities.
If that is all they were doing then i'd be all for it. Private charities do a better job without all the waste and coruption.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #75
11Series
Rep

alms211, bkM3, ecleland, Hasek9339, uwhusky, xerox445, rabman5

So sorry, too bad so sad. Your buddies Chris Christie and Sarah Palin blew you off.

But Congratulations! to Hasek9339 on his other choice of Herman Cain! With just 3% of the popular poll here (just your single vote) it looks like you are the only person to back the Republican Party's current front runner! Even though Cain doesn't even score over 25% popularity out of you own 4 votes....

Don't cheer for too long though. Because at the rate that the Republican Tea Party is burning through "Front Runners" and then figuring out they actually suck once they open their mouths and start talking, Cain will be gone out of "Front Runner" status soon enough. He will follow Rick Parry down the drain in a matter of weeks as Tea Party Republicans figure out that Cain was the Chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank. You know, the same Federal Reserve organization that the Tea Party hates so much?

Hopefully Cain won't hide behind his wife's tear-filled skirts on the way out the door like Parry is doing now. Or who knows? Maybe the Tea Party will wholesale abandon their values and snuggle up to their new Federal Reserve overlord with something resembling a smile and a soft "yesss" as Cain romances them with how TARP was such great policy.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-conservatives
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #76
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

I'd just like to sincerely thank Mitt Romney for creating the perfect healthcare reform ad for Obama's re-election campaign
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #77
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

If wishes were horses the dems would get one of the outliers as the Republican nominee. Not gonna happen, everybody knows it will be Romney, the worst option for the dems. Romney will get all of the Republicans and the majority of the independents. And if he's smart enough to take one of the farther right candidates as his Veep he can lock in the further right arm of the Republicans (without losing anything) and that will seal the election. If he doesn't, and there is a conservative third party bid, obama could well win. But that's not so important. It's the congressionals that will change the course of events and that body will go conservative/Republican in a big way. It's all good...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #78
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
I have no idea if he even has any desire to ever run for President, but Jeb Bush is a really down to earth cool guy. I had the chance to meet him a few times, including once when I randomly saw him walking down the street in NYC. Nobody even recognized him as the President's brother (Bush was still in office). He stopped and had a few minute conversation with me after I said hi to him.

Sadly his last name will probably ruin any chance he would have of running.
      10-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #79
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
If wishes were horses the dems would get one of the outliers as the Republican nominee. Not gonna happen, everybody knows it will be Romney, the worst option for the dems
What in god's name makes Romney worst for the dems? He's the biggest flip-flopper fake repub of the bunch. He IS Obamacare, he was governor of a liberal state, and there's video of him supporting everything the GOP is against. In case you forgot, this is why he petered-out in '08.
Quote:
Romney will get all of the Republicans and the majority of the independents. And if he's smart enough to take one of the farther right candidates as his Veep he can lock in the further right arm of the Republicans (without losing anything) and that will seal the election.
The polls say otherwise, and while I don't necessarily follow polls, I'm sure as hell not trusting your reasoning.
Quote:
It's the congressionals that will change the course of events and that body will go conservative/Republican in a big way. It's all good...
Uh, that was 2010, that's over. Tea Party's all but dead, remember the Wisconsin protests? The current Wall St sit-ins, the wide support for taxing the rich, and the disdain for the current crop of "just say no" repubs in congress all indicate that it's going to swing the other way. It's all good
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #80
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
What in god's name makes Romney worst for the dems?

(Sigh)...try to stick with me.... worst nightmare because he is electable and will win against your boy. Not sure what you are talking about.

The polls say otherwise, and while I don't necessarily follow polls, I'm sure as hell not trusting your reasoning.

What poll results could possibly be pertinent to my point? Do tell!

Uh, that was 2010, that's over. Tea Party's all but dead, remember the Wisconsin protests? The current Wall St sit-ins, the wide support for taxing the rich, and the disdain for the current crop of "just say no" repubs in congress all indicate that it's going to swing the other way.

So sorry but, even if your diminished capacity America-wrecking guy manages to get reelected he's gonna be pretty lonely. Dems are going to be in short supply in congress after the next cycle of elections.

You seem to think that I give a fig about republicans--I don't except as they serve to oust this pretend president from office.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #81
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
(Sigh)...try to stick with me.... worst nightmare because he is electable and will win against your boy. Not sure what you are talking about.
Well if you're not sure what I'm talking about, try reading the points I made about Romney - then you'll know what I'm talking about.
Quote:
What poll results could possibly be pertinent to my point? Do tell!
The poll that says it would be even between Romney and Obama. You know, the poll that is pertinent to this discussion.
Quote:
So sorry but, even if your diminished capacity America-wrecking guy manages to get reelected he's gonna be pretty lonely. Dems are going to be in short supply in congress after the next cycle of elections. You seem to think that I give a fig about republicans--I don't except as they serve to oust this pretend president from office.
Gee, how in god's name would I get the impression you give a fig about republicans..... oh, yeah
Quote:
It's the congressionals that will change the course of events and that body will go conservative/Republican in a big way. It's all good...
You know, you really haven't made any points except to demonstrate that you're a baby who has to post insults about Obama. Booooohoooooo. In the opinion of myself and the other democrats who are going to re-elect him, he's far more intelligent, capable, and pointed in the right direction than any of the GOP candidates. I know you disagree, so why don't you just wait for your time and cast your vote - this name-calling shit is really getting old.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #82
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well if you're not sure what I'm talking about, try reading the points I made about Romney - then you'll know what I'm talking about.
The poll that says it would be even between Romney and Obama. You know, the poll that is pertinent to this discussion.

Gee, how in god's name would I get the impression you give a fig about republicans..... oh, yeah

You know, you really haven't made any points except to demonstrate that you're a baby who has to post insults about Obama. Booooohoooooo. In the opinion of myself and the other democrats who are going to re-elect him, he's far more intelligent, capable, and pointed in the right direction than any of the GOP candidates. I know you disagree, so why don't you just wait for your time and cast your vote - this name-calling shit is really getting old.
C'mon, I really like nobama! Really! No kidding! Please believe me!

I like him so much I'd like him as my next door neighbor. Matter of fact, I think I'll start sending him home sale ads from down my way.

It's just the right think to do, after all, he'll need a new place to live pretty soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #83
alms211
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
alms211, bkM3, ecleland, Hasek9339, uwhusky, xerox445, rabman5

So sorry, too bad so sad. Your buddies Chris Christie and Sarah Palin blew you off.

But Congratulations! to Hasek9339 on his other choice of Herman Cain! With just 3% of the popular poll here (just your single vote) it looks like you are the only person to back the Republican Party's current front runner! Even though Cain doesn't even score over 25% popularity out of you own 4 votes....

Don't cheer for too long though. Because at the rate that the Republican Tea Party is burning through "Front Runners" and then figuring out they actually suck once they open their mouths and start talking, Cain will be gone out of "Front Runner" status soon enough. He will follow Rick Parry down the drain in a matter of weeks as Tea Party Republicans figure out that Cain was the Chairman of a Federal Reserve Bank. You know, the same Federal Reserve organization that the Tea Party hates so much?

Hopefully Cain won't hide behind his wife's tear-filled skirts on the way out the door like Parry is doing now. Or who knows? Maybe the Tea Party will wholesale abandon their values and snuggle up to their new Federal Reserve overlord with something resembling a smile and a soft "yesss" as Cain romances them with how TARP was such great policy.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-conservatives

Like Ron Paul has a chance
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #84
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:

He's far more intelligent, capable and pointed in the right direction???? .....sorry pal, the guy isn't very bright, is totally incapable (proven) and his Presidency is pointed straight to the toilet.

What the hell has he done since he's been in office? For Christsake he is already backpeddling on his biggest "accomplishment" --- Obamacare. No No No you have to read it first to know what's in it. Well, anybody with half a brain knew the thing was loaded with horsesh!t waaaaaaaay ahead of the game and pointed it out. The guy is an absolute abject failure in every way shape or form. For Christsake --- polls right now show him losing to Herman Cain.

Keep this post in your little library and 13 months from today.....you will eat crow. Guaranteed. No way in hell he gets re-elected.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #85
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Like Ron Paul has a chance
You are right. Ron Paul has absolutely no chance. No chance at winning the nomination, and even WAY less chance of winning in the Presidential Election.

Which is exactly why I voted for him in this poll (since I'm not a Republican).
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #86
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You are right. Ron Paul has absolutely no chance. No chance at winning the nomination, and even WAY less chance of winning in the Presidential Election.

Which is exactly why I voted for him in this poll (since I'm not a Republican).
Well it looks like you are sh!t outta luck then. You got Barry unopposed on your side and he is done already. Sorry about your luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #87
11Series
Rep

Quote:
If wishes were horses the dems would get one of the outliers as the Republican nominee. Not gonna happen, everybody knows it will be Romney, the worst option for the dems. Romney will get all of the Republicans....
It will be awesome to see the Tea Party Republicans wholesale abandon their values and snuggle up to their new Bain Capital Wall Street Banker overlord with his past business partnerships with Goldman Sucks. With something resembling a smile and a soft "ooohh baby, tell me more" they will listen as Romney romances them with how his Socialized Medicine laws he signed are such an awesome idea. Then the next morning Romney can say "It's all good honey" and recount all his old speeches about how they don't have to carry that baby, they can choose an Abortion instead since they've already completely sold out.

The most popular poller from the current weak crop of Republican has-been's and never-been's is "none of these losers". Never has a nomination needed so badly for someone, anyone else to replace the current mess of fatally flawed candidates. Too bad for you guys it's too late now.
Attached Images

Last edited by 11Series; 10-18-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #88
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Well it looks like you are sh!t outta luck then. You got Barry unopposed on your side and he is done already. Sorry about your luck.
You mean like how Obama is doing better in popularity than Reagan, or Clinton, or Bush a year before THEY were re-elected for their second terms?

The Tea Party climaxed prematurely in 2010, and now they have even worse approval rates than Obama. You guys keep thinking that doing everything possible to hurt Obama means that approval for Tea Party Republicans will automatically go up.

So wrong. So wrong.

(Edit: Oh, forgot the smilies, since everyone knows that the most smilies wins. )

Last edited by 11Series; 10-18-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Appreciate 0