BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #67
Kensta335
Brigadier General
63

 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626


Posts: 3,634
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
i'd rather live with a bulky phone over a cracked screen any day.

Price of Case > Price of Screen Repair
True, but I never dropped my phone. Maybe once. And I heard you can bring in your cracked phone to Apple and they would replace it if it's still under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #68
geneatals
Ninja
Philippines
60

 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)


Posts: 3,206
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
True, but I never dropped my phone. Maybe once. And I heard you can bring in your cracked phone to Apple and they would replace it if it's still under warranty.
"heard" and can are two very different things. I highly doubt apple would warranty damage incurred from use/wear/tear...kind of like bmw paying for a cracked windshield incurred from rock chip damage...
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #69
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
"heard" and can are two very different things. I highly doubt apple would warranty damage incurred from use/wear/tear...kind of like bmw paying for a cracked windshield incurred from rock chip damage...
Apple does. You break your phone and its under warranty they will replace it.

Great customer service
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #70
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
141

 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth


Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post




can be had for $20 bucks on amazon. /discussion.

Wtf thats the building i live in ! what are the odds?

Last edited by Andrew@ET; 10-13-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #71
AU335i
Captain
32

 
AU335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, AL


Posts: 886
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMSTUNING View Post
Wtf thats the building i live in ! what are the odds?



lol
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #72
bolinp78
G35 convertee
38

 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .


Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

I ordered my 4s case from case-mate.com. I got the DIY tough version and uploaded a picture from my honeymoon onto the case. I think it came out very well. There was a small rip in the silicone shell it came with, I emailed them about it and got a response 3 hours later, and they are already sending me a replacement sleeve. The part with the photo is hard plastic and snaps onto the silicone sleeve around the phone.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #73
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
141

 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth


Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post



lol
I thought it was cool lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #74
geneatals
Ninja
Philippines
60

 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)


Posts: 3,206
iTrader: (2)

I have a snap on case from incase and a skin the brushed steel skin from slickwraps.com coming in, not sure which one I'll use but want options...lol
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #75
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
135

 
325 Baller's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 28i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boca Raton, Florida


Posts: 2,579
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to 325 Baller
Just found these two options. Might go with both.....http://www.graftconcepts.com/product...e-iphone4-case and to protect the back....http://trunket.com/
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #76
geneatals
Ninja
Philippines
60

 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)


Posts: 3,206
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Just found these two options. Might go with both.....http://www.graftconcepts.com/product...e-iphone4-case and to protect the back....http://trunket.com/
if you like those metallic/aluminum bumbers...

just ebay "iphone 4 aluminum bumpers" you'll find a few good choices at a "good" price
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #77
mikeith
Lieutenant
24

 
mikeith's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx


Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I ordered my 4s case from case-mate.com. I got the DIY tough version and uploaded a picture from my honeymoon onto the case. I think it came out very well. There was a small rip in the silicone shell it came with, I emailed them about it and got a response 3 hours later, and they are already sending me a replacement sleeve. The part with the photo is hard plastic and snaps onto the silicone sleeve around the phone.
nice! i ordered one tuesday.

white digital camo with red magpul logo on bottom left corner (i'm a gun nut)

i think i may get more of these lol! i need a car/motorsport oriented one!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #78
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
141

 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth


Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

As far as ebay element style cases go. My friend ordered one for like 25 fitment was horrible the phone slid around inside and felt horrible, large and heavy.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #79
E92TTKING
Lieutenant Colonel
Greece
106

 
E92TTKING's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merica


Posts: 1,727
iTrader: (8)

anyone have any cool links to bumpers?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #80
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
191

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 6,792
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@EMSTUNING View Post
As far as ebay element style cases go. My friend ordered one for like 25 fitment was horrible the phone slid around inside and felt horrible, large and heavy.
The authentic ones are pretty good, and spot-on fitment-wise. But, they are expensive.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #81
E92TTKING
Lieutenant Colonel
Greece
106

 
E92TTKING's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merica


Posts: 1,727
iTrader: (8)

?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #82
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
No_Country
67

 
scollins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA


Posts: 2,345
iTrader: (3)

The Magpul Field case fits the 4S, but the cutout for the vibrate switch is slightly off, but not enough to affect usability. The volume button covers are close enough they work fine.

__________________
Scott
2010 E70 X5 35d
Alpine White on Black with Dark Bamboo trim
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #83
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
31

 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW


Posts: 2,336
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
i had to mod my 4 case to fit my 4s. the mute slider is a little different
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #84
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
160

 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
The authentic ones are pretty good, and spot-on fitment-wise. But, they are expensive.
I love my element case. I have the Ion4 of the new line. Cost $50. The thing is fantastic. Saved me from multiple hard drops.

Really want the vapor pro in red/black with the carbon fiber back but couldnt bring myself to spend $150
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #85
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
191

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 6,792
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I love my element case. I have the Ion4 of the new line. Cost $50. The thing is fantastic. Saved me from multiple hard drops.

Really want the vapor pro in red/black with the carbon fiber back but couldnt bring myself to spend $150
I don't have the Pro version, rather the original one

__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #86
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
160

 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh


Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I don't have the Pro version, rather the original one

I'm jelly. Not gonna lie.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:31 AM   #87
karliejai
Da Kid
Hong Kong
85

 
karliejai's Avatar
 
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Livingston, NJ


Posts: 4,577
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to karliejai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I don't have the Pro version, rather the original one

i have the black and purple but do you find your reception is not as good with the 4s? cause that was the case with my verizon iphone4 and i switched to another case. Still have the case around, I am not sure if i should use it on the iPhone 4s
__________________


MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #88
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
191

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 6,792
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
i have the black and purple but do you find your reception is not as good with the 4s? cause that was the case with my verizon iphone4 and i switched to another case. Still have the case around, I am not sure if i should use it on the iPhone 4s
I dunno. I don't have the 4s. I did notice that the Vapor did reduce my reception a little, but it hasn't affected my GPS.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST