BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,459
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
if you told that you sold your car to buy, say a honda civic or a VW golf, than I can say go for it.
But you are dropping one, getting to another 45k plus car, then you will drop that and get a used m3. That my friend is not making sense.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #24
jateshk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e46 m3 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: los angeles, ca

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Hi guys. let me explain why im even concidering the c350. I am getting a one owner with 22k miles fully loaded for $25,000. The trade in on that car is way more right now!

I just want to take a while to find that perfect e93 m3. I dont want to rish into it..but i need a car to drive for the time being!!
__________________


E92 coupe Premium/Cold Weather/Ipod/Lojack/Tint
jateshk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #25
checkmate
Major
 
checkmate's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

Posts: 1,309
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
Hi guys. let me explain why im even concidering the c350. I am getting a one owner with 22k miles fully loaded for $25,000. The trade in on that car is way more right now!

I just want to take a while to find that perfect e93 m3. I dont want to rish into it..but i need a car to drive for the time being!!
If the idea was to only wait for a year-get a beater for dirt cheap and save up. The C class is not logical wallet-wise considering your goals unless you simply cannot step away from a german brand.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips

checkmate is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #26
jateshk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e46 m3 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: los angeles, ca

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

the c350 will be my beater. I have bought and sold car for my years and i usually don't lose any money in these kinds of deals. usually i end up selling the car the same price as i paid for it. Im gonna keep an eye out for the perfect e93 instead. Looks like the board doesnt like the c350. to each their own.
__________________


E92 coupe Premium/Cold Weather/Ipod/Lojack/Tint
jateshk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #27
dapopa9
Captain
 
dapopa9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)

Is there a way to avoid or somehow recover the sales tax paid when buying and selling cars often? This is the part that seems to make it financially tough to do very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
the c350 will be my beater. I have bought and sold car for my years and i usually don't lose any money in these kinds of deals. usually i end up selling the car the same price as i paid for it. Im gonna keep an eye out for the perfect e93 instead. Looks like the board doesnt like the c350. to each their own.
dapopa9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #28
hgtran21
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san diego

Posts: 466
iTrader: (1)

maybe is350?
hgtran21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
jateshk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e46 m3 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: los angeles, ca

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Is there a way to avoid or somehow recover the sales tax paid when buying and selling cars often? This is the part that seems to make it financially tough to do very often.
yes there is. Trick is to get a great deal. I am getting the c350 for about 27 WITH tax. Its trade in value is over 26 right now. In a year or so i should be able to sell it for 24-26k.
__________________


E92 coupe Premium/Cold Weather/Ipod/Lojack/Tint
jateshk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #30
smmmurf
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA

Posts: 2,101
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Is there a way to avoid or somehow recover the sales tax paid when buying and selling cars often? This is the part that seems to make it financially tough to do very often.
^WHS

In CA you get f'cked every time you buy cars which is why OP's deal makes absolutely no sense.
__________________
M3 Sedan - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
smmmurf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #31
jateshk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e46 m3 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: los angeles, ca

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
^WHS

In CA you get f'cked every time you buy cars which is why OP's deal makes absolutely no sense.
again if you can get the car cheap enough even with tax you will be fine. Ive bought and sold 3 cars in the last year and ive made money on all of them even after tax!
__________________


E92 coupe Premium/Cold Weather/Ipod/Lojack/Tint
jateshk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #32
dapopa9
Captain
 
dapopa9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

Posts: 612
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
^WHS

In CA you get f'cked every time you buy cars which is why OP's deal makes absolutely no sense.

haha yeah thats my thoughts. However if it is only a 20-25K car the tax would only be about 2K. which still sucks but not as bad as 4-5K tax on a 50-60K car.

There have been many times where I found a really good deal on a 50-70K car that I wanted to buy and drive for a 4-6 months and know I could have sold it for what I bought it for or maybe even a couple K more. But like you said once Tax is put into that equation it would have been a $4-5K loss. but guess that is just our govn't rules we have to live buy.

I actually even thought about just getting a dealers license cus I think then I wouldn't have to pay the sales tax why I enjoy the car for a few months.
dapopa9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #33
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Why didn't you just keep the E92 for the time being? Rather than go through all this trouble and potentially lose money. You must have some special skill that most others don't have to order to keep buying and selling cars and consistently make money reselling. Don't hear about that happening very often...

C350 is a nice car, but it would be a significant downgrade in terms of driving experience.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #34
Poofyo101
Major
 
Poofyo101's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Why didn't you just keep the E92 for the time being? Rather than go through all this trouble and potentially lose money. You must have some special skill that most others don't have to order to keep buying and selling cars and consistently make money reselling. Don't hear about that happening very often...

C350 is a nice car, but it would be a significant downgrade in terms of driving experience.
Agreed a lot of trouble.
Or
Should have just kept the M3 until you found the right e93 m3.
__________________
12 E92 M3-AW/FR-20" BBS LM-Painted Reflectors-BMW Gloss Black Grills + Gills-BMW Performance LED Wheel-BMW Carbon Performance Spoiler-Akra Evolution-Stoptech Trophy
Poofyo101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #35
IFX
Banned
 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

i'm actually contemplating a c350 myself. Slate grey looks awesome on it..
IFX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
 
CrazyIvan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MD

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Doesnt make any sense...
__________________
CrazyIvan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #37
eamon
Captain
 
eamon's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 790
iTrader: (0)

what......
__________________
black/black/black e92 loaded
Instagram: _eamon_
eamon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #38
askharjoon
Private
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The big oven

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Makes no sense!!! You'll lose on the 9% tax AND $5k depreciation plus other incidentals driving a (no offense) piece of $!TH, while you're "waiting" for the e93's to drop in price. Makes more sense to buy the car you really want, enjoy it and lose just a little more on the depreciation.
__________________
'01 M3 Cab. (gone) '04 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (gone) '08 S550 (gone) '07 550i (gone) '07 911S (gone) '08 M5 (gone)
'10 M3 Alpine White - DCT(gone) 2012 Porsche 911S
askharjoon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #39
e92Mjunky
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: New wife Alpine CF E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

buy an 04 M3 for your beater lots of nice ones for less than $25K...or like 10 other ppl said buy a Yota or a Mazda, then get the car you want...your rationale makes no sense..unless you are a smurf...
e92Mjunky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #40
Jive
First Lieutenant
 
Jive's Avatar
 
Drives: my gf crazy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk
yes there is. Trick is to get a great deal. I am getting the c350 for about 27 WITH tax. Its trade in value is over 26 right now. In a year or so i should be able to sell it for 24-26k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
again if you can get the car cheap enough even with tax you will be fine. Ive bought and sold 3 cars in the last year and ive made money on all of them even after tax!
If you're idea of making money on cars by selling them for less than what you paid for them in a few months time then I have a GREAT investment opportunity for you.
Jive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
outie
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 517
iTrader: (0)

You came here asking for opinions with your mind already made up. When everyone gave his/her honest opinion, you start trying to convince everyone to agree with you?

Ok, you win.
__________________
outie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #42
jateshk
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e46 m3 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: los angeles, ca

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

lol...
__________________


E92 coupe Premium/Cold Weather/Ipod/Lojack/Tint
jateshk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #43
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
 
Mr.MichaelM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dirty Jersey

Posts: 323
iTrader: (0)

OMG everyone shut up! You are all arguing with the OP about his OWN decision on what car he's looking as a beater for the mean time! He's a BIG BOY NOW AND CAN MAKE HIS OWN DECISIONS! Just answer his question!!! If you want the C350 DO IT! Your all acting like he's getting into a CIVIC or some other jap crap car. It's a MERC They are GERMAN MADE like our cars as well. Have any of you ever driven even a base C300?!?!? IT rides more smooth than most cars out there! Its literally like a couch on wheels. If the OP has a great deal for a used 09 C350 than let him get it. WHY YOU ALL HATING?! and guess WHAT!? He's going to buy another M3 in the end!!!
Mr.MichaelM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #44
checkmate
Major
 
checkmate's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

Posts: 1,309
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post
OMG everyone shut up! You are all arguing with the OP about his OWN decision on what car he's looking as a beater for the mean time! He's a BIG BOY NOW AND CAN MAKE HIS OWN DECISIONS! Just answer his question!!! If you want the C350 DO IT! Your all acting like he's getting into a CIVIC or some other jap crap car. It's a MERC They are GERMAN MADE like our cars as well. Have any of you ever driven even a base C300?!?!? IT rides more smooth than most cars out there! Its literally like a couch on wheels. If the OP has a great deal for a used 09 C350 than let him get it. WHY YOU ALL HATING?! and guess WHAT!? He's going to buy another M3 in the end!!!
No one's hating on his decision to get the C350. Everyone's hating on his lack of financial wisdom considering his end objective.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips

checkmate is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST