BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #45
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Why is it hard to get rid of an east coast car in CA? Do most west coast citizens believe all east coast cars are driven in snow and salt?
This is partially the reason. Any intelligent used car buyer knows that the roads are seriously salted in MA, and when you have several to chose from, why would you chose one which has been driven on salty roads? I didn't mean to generalize to the whole East Coast. This is obviously not the case in FL.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #46
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
No, its because you can't register the car in CA if it does not have california emissions equipment (and many cars bought outside of CA don't).
This is also a reason although I think there might be certain allowances. If you've owned the car for longer than a certain number of years, you might be okay, but I am not sure. But if you've had it just for 6 months, I'm sure you'd have to modify things.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #47
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFavourite View Post
i dont think the car is good enough for those kind of mark ups, 3-5k will be going rate for transfers me thinks, better cars here and coming.
That would still work for me. Only time will tell what people are willing to pay.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #48
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

I also know a great place to get an M3 at MSRP

it's called my local BMW dealership

conniving basty, just get your deposit back and stop trying to rip off morons
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #49
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I also know a great place to get an M3 at MSRP

it's called my local BMW dealership

conniving basty, just get your deposit back and stop trying to rip off morons
Well then go get it and shut your Cake hole! I'm doing nothing more than offering someone a chance to purchase an early spot in line if they are interested. If you aren't, then don't!:finger:
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #50
13eastie
Lieutenant
13eastie's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I also know a great place to get an M3 at MSRP

it's called my local BMW dealership

conniving basty, just get your deposit back and stop trying to rip off morons
Hear, hear! There's a lot of nonsensical hypocrisy going on regarding this subject.

The fact is that those of us who have placed orders would be miffed to say the least to learn that there are cynics ahead of us in the queue with no intention of even owning an M3. I for one support anything BMW does to ensure this is not the case.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #51
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
Hear, hear! There's a lot of nonsensical hypocrisy going on regarding this subject.

The fact is that those of us who have placed orders would be miffed to say the least to learn that there are cynics ahead of us in the queue with no intention of even owning an M3. I for one support anything BMW does to ensure this is not the case.
I had EVERY intention of owning the new E92 M3 when I put my deposit down over a year ago. However, I bought a house and can't afford it at this time. So don't speak like you know what anyone's intentions are except your own.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #52
13eastie
Lieutenant
13eastie's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
I had EVERY intention of owning the new E92 M3 when I put my deposit down over a year ago. However, I bought a house and can't afford it at this time. So don't speak like you know what anyone's intentions are except your own.
Actions speak a lot louder than words... Regardless of what your intentions may have been in the past, if you no longer want the car you should stand aside, get your deposit back, let everyone else move up in the queue and stop trying to justify what is simply greedy carpet-bagging.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:16 AM   #53
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

So why is it that when BMW makes a profit, or the Dealer makes a profit it is capitalism, but if I try to make a profit it is greed? Sorry, I disagree. If you aren't interested, then don't buy it.
It doesn't hurt you or anyone else in line, nor should it make a difference if I buy the car or someone else does. So, don't tell me what I should do. You worry about yourself, and I'll do the same.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:16 AM   #54
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

More importantly, how much is your time worth anyway? How many hours of pointless marketing and communication and convincing and wheeling and dealing will you have to do to make a few hundred bucks? (assuming someone does pay up in the end.) Anyway, it is a free market, so I guess you can do whatever you want with whatever you've got...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #55
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
More importantly, how much is your time worth anyway? How many hours of pointless marketing and communication and convincing and wheeling and dealing will you have to do to make a few hundred bucks? (assuming someone does pay up in the end...)
Apparently my time is worth more than yours since I at least have the potential to gain something with my "marketing" where as you do not.

Also, I haven't spent ANY additional time marketing my spot then I would have otherwise spent in front of my computer while @ work.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:22 AM   #56
13eastie
Lieutenant
13eastie's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
So why is it that when BMW makes a profit, or the Dealer makes a profit it is capitalism, but if I try to make a profit it is greed? Sorry, I disagree. If you aren't interested, then don't buy it.
It doesn't hurt you or anyone else in line, nor should it make a difference if I buy the car or someone else does. So, don't tell me what I should do. You worry about yourself, and I'll do the same.
I think there are more appropriate forums in which to indulge your capitalist ideals than this one. Like I said, actions speak louder than words.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:24 AM   #57
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
I think there are more appropriate forums in which to indulge your capitalist ideals than this one. Like I said, actions speak louder than words.
And likewise I'm sure for your communist ideals. Enjoy your Festiva!

Sorry you are really advocating socialism, not communism.

SOCIALISM

general term for the political and economic theory that advocates a system of collective or government ownership and management of the means of production and distribution of goods. Because of the collective nature of socialism, it is to be contrasted to the doctrine of the sanctity of private property that characterizes capitalism. Where capitalism stresses competition and profit, socialism calls for cooperation and social service.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:42 AM   #58
13eastie
Lieutenant
13eastie's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
And likewise I'm sure for your communist ideals. Enjoy your Festiva!

Sorry you are really advocating socialism, not communism.

SOCIALISM

general term for the political and economic theory that advocates a system of collective or government ownership and management of the means of production and distribution of goods. Because of the collective nature of socialism, it is to be contrasted to the doctrine of the sanctity of private property that characterizes capitalism. Where capitalism stresses competition and profit, socialism calls for cooperation and social service.
Glad to see you have your dictionary close at hand!

I rather think I have advocated nothing of the sort, here or elsewhere, but anyway...

With regards my "Festiva" (or Fiesta as it actually called) thanks for the positive note! I bought this to help my girlfriend pass her driving test. We will most likely give it away when we're done... Since you are strapped for cash (and in the spirit of socialism), perhaps I could arrange European Delivery for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #59
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
Glad to see you have your dictionary close at hand!

I rather think I have advocated nothing of the sort, here or elsewhere, but anyway...

With regards my "Festiva" (or Fiesta as it actually called) thanks for the positive note! I bought this to help my girlfriend pass her driving test. We will most likely give it away when we're done... Since you are strapped for cash (and in the spirit of socialism), perhaps I could arrange European Delivery for you?
Thanks, I'm good with my E36 M3 for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 05:10 AM   #60
13eastie
Lieutenant
13eastie's Avatar
United Kingdom
19
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
Thanks, I'm good with my E36 M3 for now.
Tell your dealer then.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #61
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
Apparently my time is worth more than yours since I at least have the potential to gain something with my "marketing" where as you do not.

Also, I haven't spent ANY additional time marketing my spot then I would have otherwise spent in front of my computer while @ work.
I post here because I feel like it and enjoy shooting crap about the M3, not to make money, so your comparison is irrelevant (and I'm on medical leave recovering from surgery). I won't comment on your (lack of) professionalism though...

Although I am not saying you are necessarily doing anything wrong or illegal by trying to sell your spot, be mindful that you have ticked off many people in doing so. That should tell you something...if you knew all these people in person and lived in the same community with them, would you still be doing the same thing? Finally, you are not adding anything to the M3 discussion on this board, so your initial post constitutes spam more than anything else.

Good luck doing what you're doing man!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #62
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

In due time....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #63
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I post here because I feel like it and enjoy shooting crap about the M3, not to make money, so your comparison is irrelevant (and I'm on medical leave recovering from surgery). I won't comment on your (lack of) professionalism though...

Although I am not saying you are necessarily doing anything wrong or illegal by trying to sell your spot, be mindful that you have ticked off many people in doing so. That should tell you something...if you knew all these people in person and lived in the same community with them, would you still be doing the same thing? Finally, you are not adding anything to the M3 discussion on this board, so your initial post constitutes spam more than anything else.

Good luck doing what you're doing man!
I enjoy the same. I also made a post to offer an item that someone on this site might be interested in. If they are great, if not, then that is fine. Sorry to hear about you being on medical leave, hopefully you recover quickly.

As for if I knew these people, would I offer the same thing. obviously that depends on my relationship with them. I would certainly offer the spot if someone wanted it, the amount of profit depends on how close of a friend they are, and the situation they are in.

My rebuttal question would be this; If these people knew me, and lived and worked with me, would they be so quick to say the things they've said? Or would they actually ask some follow up questions and have some understanding about the situation. Or, if they were in the same situation, would they do the same thing?(not that most of them will answer honestly)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #64
mofomat
Captain
mofomat's Avatar
United Kingdom
24
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
So why is it that when BMW makes a profit, or the Dealer makes a profit it is capitalism, but if I try to make a profit it is greed?
Because most people on this board don't see an M3 as just a way to make a quick buck.

The same way music fans detest scalpers because they are exploiting enthusiasts to make a profit.

It's why scalping is illegeal in many areas.

It's also why BMW are clamping down on cretins like you.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #65
MBITION
Private
United_States
1
Rep
51
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Because most people on this board don't see an M3 as just a way to make a quick buck.

The same way music fans detest scalpers because they are exploiting enthusiasts to make a profit.

It's why scalping is illegeal in many areas.

It's also why BMW are clamping down on cretins like you.
I don't see an M3 in any such way either. FYI to illiustrate my point, you never actually answered the question. Nice try though.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #66
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
I enjoy the same. I also made a post to offer an item that someone on this site might be interested in. If they are great, if not, then that is fine. Sorry to hear about you being on medical leave, hopefully you recover quickly.

As for if I knew these people, would I offer the same thing. obviously that depends on my relationship with them. I would certainly offer the spot if someone wanted it, the amount of profit depends on how close of a friend they are, and the situation they are in.

My rebuttal question would be this; If these people knew me, and lived and worked with me, would they be so quick to say the things they've said? Or would they actually ask some follow up questions and have some understanding about the situation. Or, if they were in the same situation, would they do the same thing?(not that most of them will answer honestly)
Well, I can't speak for the others, but I would basically say what you are doing is not "cool" and leave it at that. I am not sure what you mean by an understanding of the situation though. You are trying to make money by selling your spot on an M3 waiting list. I thought that was pretty clear.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST