BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #23
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

What is the added value to the comparison of these two Presidential candidates of using

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
a picture of people at work, a white guy next to a cool jet, and a black man just getting out of the crops. No racism there.
When this is actually what Obama was doing at age 22, NOT working the crops?
Attached Images

09-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
alms211
Banned

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I'm starting to realize this is a forum for the "short-bus" crowd...
I honestly have no idea what this means, or what point you're trying to make, or sarcastically alluding to. But If I correctly understand what you're referring to by the "one drop" comment, I'd say that, as usual, you're completely not understanding what I said. Normal people don't categorize others by the mix of their parentage, or by their blood makeup. Nobody looks half-black. The term is used as a derogatory dig.
"a" and "A" are the same letter.
Tip: learn to spell the key words in your arguments. What kind of logic are you using to call ME racist because somebody else posted a picture? Let's say I was anti-abortion (I'm not): if I called someone a murderer for having an abortion, how does that then make ME the murderer?

And if the picture isn't racist, then explain to me what the point of the picture is, and why it's intriguing.
Once again a true sign of weakness.....resort to name calling. On top of that, you are so concerned about racist this or that yet you turn right around and make a derogatory comment about retarded people (short bus comment). How pathetic.

I love it how liberals think they know it all and just cant help but infringe upon other's lives. Case in point is your comment above about the poster's forum name (driersheets). You just couldn't help yourself and had get into his business and have the overwhelming need to tell him/her that "you think" their name is spelled wrong. First, and most importantly, why the "f" do you care? Secondly, is it any of your business?
      09-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

OLD ARMY hit it on the head, you're calling it racist because its a black man with a hat and cig, when its a white person its not?

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
      09-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #26
driersheets
Banned

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Just an observation...
Shouldn't it be dryer sheets?
yes i know. i did it on purpose
      09-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
you feel racism in the photo and that would make you racist.
There's no gentle way to put this: your line of logic is stupendously, moronically wrong.
Quote:
Unless you're calling the OP racist.
Yes.
Quote:
which is an opinion that you can't prove
That's pretty much the definition of an opinion.
Quote:
again it would come back to you THINKING it was racist.
and again, that's why it's called an opinion.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      09-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
First, and most importantly, why the "f" do you care? Secondly, is it any of your business?
I'm allowed to ask a question, it's a forum. The question to you is, being a 3rd party to this, why the f are you involved and commenting on it in multiple posts? I'm interested in hearing a response from driersheets about it, but instead I'm getting obsessive comments from you. Let it go.
      09-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #29
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Drives: stickferanaxle

Quote:
Here's what's racist: Calling him Barry
uh... WTF. "Barry" is a new derogatory term I don't know about? I need to know if it is, so I can add it to my arsenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Picture of a dude, with a hat, cigarette hanging out of his mouth. RACIST!
That's so racist. How dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
When this is actually what Obama was doing at age 22, NOT working the crops?
Obviously another racist picture. I mean, c'mon man!
      09-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #30
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by driersheets View Post
yes i know. i did it on purpose
There... asked and answered.
Boy, are we having fun now?!
      09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Well you've all reinforced my belief that conservatives are a bunch of lying hypocrites.

You're all defending the picture, but no one will dare come out and explain exactly why this thread was started, why the picture was originally created in the 1st place, and why the right-winger who put it up here decided to do so.

I'm sure he thought to himself "I feel an urge to start a thread by posting a picture of people at work, a white guy next to a cool jet, and a black man just getting out of the crops."

Do you actually listen to what's being said by you guys? It's pathetic.
      09-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
jkrig
Private First Class

Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

While I can't judge the OP's reason for choosing the images he did, I understand questioning them....you post a pic of Perry in what some would call a "heroic" image, serving in the military (as I have) which, especially of late, has a look that is to be praised and honored, and rightfully so....now the the pic of Obama looking well, not so honorable.....again I cannot confirm nor deny why each image was chosen but.....I'm just sayin

Also being an African American I find it odd just a few short years ago if you were mixed race with black, you were considered black, no matter what other nationality you were....but when there was an African American candidate for president, it's "half" whichever race you like....I have my own opinion on why that is but I digress.....like I said not sure why those particular images were chosen, but I understand why it was questioned...
      09-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
While I can't judge the OP's reason for choosing the images he did, I understand questioning them....you post a pic of Perry in what some would call a "heroic" image, serving in the military (as I have) which, especially of late, has a look that is to be praised and honored, and rightfully so....now the the pic of Obama looking well, not so honorable.....again I cannot confirm nor deny why each image was chosen but.....I'm just sayin
Exactly; however, to assume race is at the crux of the issue is pretty ignorant. You don't have to be racist to make a manipulative picture of someone with the intent of making them look bad. Now, if you made the picture because you were driven to make the black guy look bad, then yeah you're racist.

Don't like Obama's policies? Racist.
Make a funny pic of Obama painting him in a bad light? Racist.

I think what some of you guys don't understand is that there are other reasons to dislike someone besides just the color of his/her skin.
      09-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #34
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Now, if you made the picture because you were driven to make the black guy look bad, then yeah you're racist.
Bingo.

Again, why won't somebody honestly state why the picture was posted?!
      09-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #35
11Series

Quote:
Exactly; however, to assume race is at the crux of the issue is pretty ignorant. You don't have to be racist to make a manipulative picture of someone with the intent of making them look bad. Now, if you made the picture because you were driven to make the black guy look bad, then yeah you're racist.

Don't like Obama's policies? Racist.
Make a funny pic of Obama painting him in a bad light? Racist.

I think what some of you guys don't understand is that there are other reasons to dislike someone besides just the color of his/her skin.

When people don't like somebody's policies and you want to hurt/damage them, what is the purpose of bringing up their mixed racial heritage, and their traditional Muslim middle name? What do bringing up these issues add to the discourse about their policies?
      09-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #36
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Quote:
Bingo.

Again, why won't somebody honestly state why the picture was posted?!
...because OP doesn't like Obama and thought the picture was funny...?

Whether or not it's race-driven, only he/she knows, but why would you automatically assume that the act was racially motivated? I don't see anything here that suggests this was the case.

I know a lot of people who don't like President Obama based solely on factors outside of race. I don't know the man personally, but I can tell you I don't like him as POTUS. I can also tell you that it has nothing to do with race.

Like it or not, this has been going on forever. You paint "your guy" in a good light and try to make the "other guy" look bad. This is not new.
      09-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #37
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Quote:
When people don't like somebody's policies and you want to hurt/damage them, what is the purpose of bringing up their mixed racial heritage, and their traditional Muslim middle name? What do bringing up these issues add to the discourse about their policies?
I specifically inquired about the term "Barry" being racist, or for that matter making up any nickname for a politician you don't like which doesn't involve racial connotations. I was also wondering how the picture was a racist portrayal of two politicians in their earlier years.

Who brought up his middle name here? Who brought up his racial heritage or even the simple fact that the two people portrayed in the pic were of different racial origin?
      09-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #38
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
Also being an African American I find it odd just a few short years ago if you were mixed race with black, you were considered black, no matter what other nationality you were....but when there was an African American candidate for president, it's "half" whichever race you like....I have my own opinion on why that is but I digress.....like I said not sure why those particular images were chosen, but I understand why it was questioned...

Go just a little bit further back in US history, and being mixed race meant that the racists people in charge decided for you that you were black. You didn't have any say at all in the matter. And since you were black you were not allowed to vote and all kinds of other racists results of white people deciding you were not racially pure enough to "pass" as White like them.

Now we get a bunch of people taking it upon themselves to question whether Obama is black enough to call himself black, when he would have been black enough that he would have been declared "Black" as a matter of law against his will in certain times in US history. And somehow these people are surprised to find out that there there is blow-back from them AGAIN anointing themselves Judge of another person's skin color. And yet again trying to take away a person's own say in the matter.

Last edited by 11Series; 09-30-2011 at 02:54 PM.
      09-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #39
11Series

Quote:

Who brought up his middle name here? Who brought up his racial heritage?
To answer your questions,

1) The OP, right in the picture.

2) alms211, in post 9.

Now maybe you can be so kind as to answer my question.

What is the added value of bringing up Obama's racial heritage in a Perry vs. Obama thread comparing two Presidential candidates? How does bringing up Obama's mixed racial background further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?

Same question with using Obama's middle name. What added value does using his middle name of traditional Muslim origin add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates? Obama himself doesn't commonly use his middle name (unlike Rick Parry), so how does using Obama's traditional Muslim origin middle name further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?

What is the added value to the comparison of these two Presidential candidates of using

Quote:
a picture of people at work, a white guy next to a cool jet, and a black man just getting out of the crops. No racism there.
When I posted a picture of actually what Obama was doing at age 22, NOT working the crops?
      09-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #40
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
The guy used the name Barry Soetoro while in college. Where in the hell have you been to not know this?
Wrong. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...occidental.asp
Quote:
Reagan saw unemployment reach 9.6% in 1983. During his first four years the average unemployment was 7.5%.?
So Wrong.

Quote:
Increasing the national debt more than all other previous Presidents combined.
So Very Wrong.

Quote:
For the record, if you asked Michael Steele (look him up if you don't know who he is)[F U] if I was racist, he would laugh in your face. He knows me personally
Of course you realize that every racist trots-out their black friend on command. Convenient that it's the disgraced GOP chair, who's a BISON (black in skin only). Are you buddies with Alan Keyes too? Now if you hung with Kanye West or Al Sharpton, you'd be talkin'.

Quote:
he is the most liberal President ever to serve
This may be the most ignorant of all your rantings. He's quite moderate:
- supports the NRA, has even expanded gun rights
- Does not want a federal gay marriage law
- Did not just pull all troops out of warzones
- supports American oil drilling
- has compromised on environmental issues

Clinton was much more liberal, so is Kerry and Gore.

So with all that, what could it be that so irks you about him?
      09-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #41
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Quote:
To answer your questions,

1) The OP, right in the picture.

2) alms211, in post 9.

Now maybe you can be so kind as to answer my question.

What is the added value of bringing up Obama's racial heritage in a Perry vs. Obama thread comparing two Presidential candidates? How does bringing up Obama's mixed racial background further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?

Same question with using Obama's middle name. What added value does using his middle name of traditional Muslim origin add to the comparison between these two Presidential candidates? Obama himself doesn't commonly use his middle name (unlike Rick Parry), so how does using Obama's traditional Muslim origin middle name further this comparison between these Presidential candidates?

When I posted a picture of actually what Obama was doing at age 22, NOT working the crops?
I am going to disagree with you about when the issue of race was brought into this thread. There is no implied racism in the initial pic unless you can see through the OP/creator's skull and decipher their motivations. I can't do this. So, when was the issue of race brought up in the thread? Who mentions it first?

Also, they've both got their full names under their pics. Why not be consistent in their portrayals in that respect. The content of the pics are most definitely intentionally shedding a different light on each guy, but no one put a big circle around "Hussein" with a bunch of MSPaint arrows around it, did they?

Good Lord, you guys are crazy. The initial pic was just a pic manipulated to make Rick Perry look stellar and Obama look lazy. Like I said, this shit has gone on forever.
      09-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #42
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I specifically inquired about the term "Barry" being racist, or for that matter making up any nickname for a politician you don't like which doesn't involve racial connotations.
As you're well aware, only the Obama haters call him Barry (amongst the general populace). Why?
- It's a juvenile sounding name, rendering Obama as less than presidential.
- It infers that Obama used the name to coverup his true identity, and so it aligns with the "you lie" crowd.
- It implies that he'll tell different people different things.

There's no rational reason for anyone who doesn't personally know Obama to call him Barry; it's not like he runs around telling people "call me Barry".
      09-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #43
11Series

You asked the question

Quote:
Who brought up his middle name here?
I correctly answered is it was in the picture in post #1, as you acknowledged.

You asked the question:

Quote:
Who brought up his racial heritage?
I correctly answered that it was alms211 in these posts:

Quote:
he's black (partially)
Quote:
The partially black "shit" is precisely what he is --- partially black. Black father, white mother. What part of that don't you understand?

Why can't you answer the questions I asked you? What value did it add to the political conversation in the Politics forum to use Obama's traditional Muslim middle name, and to bring up Obama's mixed race background? Nothing you've said addresses the VALUE of including these items of information.
      09-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #44
jkrig
Private First Class

Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Quote:
The initial pic was just a pic manipulated to make Rick Perry look stellar and Obama look lazy. Like I said, this shit has gone on forever.
100% agree.....