BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #45
jasonmaxima
Rep
Drives: E90 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
I couldn't care less about unimportant stuff and the rest of your comment was just plain silly. Going into a dealership I'm looking to see what my SA knows and what he/she doesn't, if they aren't really that well informed then I'm sorry but I will ask to be seen by someone more competent because when it comes to servicing and all these other issues that could arise I'd like to know someone who knows their stuff is handling my situation and getting it across to the service department with full details.

This is the first exclusive ///M dealership, China might have the biggest market for BMW but is it for ///M cars or for 'regular' ones because after hearing all these tax stories etc etc I'm pretty sure not that many ///M cars are sold as compared to US and even up here in Canada.

Also reading up there ^, the owner of this dealership secured rights to be the only dealership in China that can sell ///M's? That's ridiculous. More ridiculous than the fact that ALL the BMW dealerships in Alberta and I'm pretty sure Western Canada are owned by the same 'family corporation'.
Here is the thing... my sales guy told...oh the e9X M3 has 420 bhp...when actual spec is 414bhp... and almost 300lb/ft torque... vs 296 lb/ft (actual) so is he wrong or right to 'round' up the figures?

I fully agree that I'd be pissed if I stepped into a showroom and they told me, an x5m vs the new F10 m5 has the same power output etc. That would be downright glaringly wrong.

I'm 100% happy with their servicing and warranty claims since I have 5 years / 100,000km warranty from them on my car....I get free parts & labour except for tires.

To quote an example....if I get a streak on my wiper blades due to the frequent tropical rains here, I can go in for a FREE replacement. If my brakes get worn...I go in for free pads, fluids and rotors. Tell me if that is great service or not?!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #46
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Amazing. Really wonderful.. Like a surgery room !!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #47
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #48
socalm3lover
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
What a crock. Why don't we have this here in the US? I believe we are the biggest market for BMW. Singapore. Really?
I have been to Singapore a few times (Nov, '10) and it is very prosperous and well run. Government is focused on supporting high tech business/jobs (vs. lip service), taxes are low, but they are pretty draconian on some laws (do not spit on the sidewalk). Lots of nice/fast cars that mostly go to Maylaysia to drive fast, since a $5 payment usually gets them off. Interestingly, lots of public transportation due to a really small country with lots of people/high-rise condos.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #49
XC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupé

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
I'm not sure about that 1M, but I don't really like that M1! Some things must stay the way they were intended. I reckon a M1 is too valuable, historically speaking, to start "modding" it or "pimping" it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #50
Wkwlb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 2012 M5 2015 F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Here is the thing... my sales guy told...oh the e9X M3 has 420 bhp...when actual spec is 414bhp... and almost 300lb/ft torque... vs 296 lb/ft (actual) so is he wrong or right to 'round' up the figures?

I fully agree that I'd be pissed if I stepped into a showroom and they told me, an x5m vs the new F10 m5 has the same power output etc. That would be downright glaringly wrong.

I'm 100% happy with their servicing and warranty claims since I have 5 years / 100,000km warranty from them on my car....I get free parts & labour except for tires.

To quote an example....if I get a streak on my wiper blades due to the frequent tropical rains here, I can go in for a FREE replacement. If my brakes get worn...I go in for free pads, fluids and rotors. Tell me if that is great service or not?!
Hi dude, you get such great service from a dealer with the highest profit margin you could find anywhere on earth for a BMW. If I were you I would be pissed if they don't offer such service or I don't get world class reception and the most knowledgeable sales rep.

Remember each M car you buy, you are paying them $100k~150k profit to train the sales rep, build up the showroom/garage and offer that great service. If they can't even train a proper knowledgeable sales rep with such kind of money, you are SCREWED.

Are you paying top dollar for the top car? yes. top service? maybe. Top value? WTF!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #51
XC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupé

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Hey Montreal red... let me ask you a few questions.

What made you buy your M3? Why did you choose to buy an m3 over say an Audi or Merc or any other performance marques available in Canada? Did you research extensively about the M3 or the other cars you currently own or used to own?

Perhaps you are a hardcore BMW fan and would not consider any offerings by other marques....or that you've lusted the M3 and had a poster of an M3 hanging on your bedroom wall since young.

Whatever the reasons maybe, I am sure you would have done extensive research prior to heading down to the showroom to purchase a vehicle. Rev limit, weight, petrol tank capacity, engine displacement, options, material used in the engine, performance etc

Going into a dealership armed with an encyclopedia worth of knowledge of your dream car.... do you expect that the sales person to trump your knowledge with even more information?

The plethora of car reviews globally choosing / endorsing the m3 over other performance rivals already helps sell the car and creates an iconic brand awareness.

I have met sales persons from other marques who have recited specs of cars they were selling both perfectly and wrongly. However I do not chide them for misquoting information even if the spec sheets are hung from the driver's side window at the showroom and I can read them.

You've gotta admit, sex sells...especially putting a pretty face (female sales executive) to sell the product. Did you try walking into other high end car showrooms while you were in Singapore? What were the experiences / impressions you got? Please comment?

I think the part where you scored a test drive, eventhough I think you did NOT have the PROPER papers PLUS seeing the dealership personally is already a dream come true.

Personally, I think the conversation piece of the showroom is their impeccably spotless service center specially dedicated to servicing M cars. I've been told the service center is wiped down 3 times daily....
I agree about specs aren't all. But if you know something that the sales rep doesn't have a clue, or states wrongly, you really start getting suspicious about the whole deal. Besides, if your only job is exactly knowing what you are selling... you aren't not doing you job properly if you don't know specs. Take the example of Alfa Romeo's girls at car shows, they know exactly everything there is to know, and you really start feeling love after a while for such beautiful and interesting... cars.

Last edited by XC; 09-27-2011 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: mispel
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #52
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Coolest dealership I've ever seen.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #53
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Droooool

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #54
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Maybe it's just me, but i have never ever relied on a sales engineer for in-depth information on any car i buy. I get those from all over and more reliaby so. I use the sales person for sales related stuffs like availability of colors, trims, options, shipping dates, and the odd discount. What i do ask from them, is a pleasant and efficient sales experience and nothing more. For technical stuffs, i look to the SA or inhouse tech guru. No sense hammering the sales guy on technical stuffs just to prove that i know his job better.

This said dealership is indeed smaller than the photos would have u believe, but the service facilities are top notch! My M3 is a grey import, but my next M car will certainly be from them. The advantage of having a dedicated M dealership is that it allows the resources to be focused entirely on M related stuffs and not be swarmed by tons of regular BMW traffic. FOCUS is the key word!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #55
m balla
m balla
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: ///M

BMW execs like them some Singaporean girls... that's the reason to visit plus it is a really lux pace to go
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #56
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
This said dealership is indeed smaller than the photos would have u believe, but the service facilities are top notch! My M3 is a grey import, but my next M car will certainly be from them. The advantage of having a dedicated M dealership is that it allows the resources to be focused entirely on M related stuffs and not be swarmed by tons of regular BMW traffic. FOCUS is the key word!
Not sure how true that statement is because I believe the article mentioned that they are doing restorations there as well. Hence the picture of the 2002tii.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #57
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK73 View Post
Not sure how true that statement is because I believe the article mentioned that they are doing restorations there as well. Hence the picture of the 2002tii.
I doubt it is doing restoration. If anything, the 2002 is probably there to showcase BMW heritage.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #58
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinF10 View Post
No, last year China was the largest market for BMW. US 2nd.
Didn't head of BMW M, Mr. No Dogma's state that the US is the largest M market...that is what he is referring to.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #59
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
OMG the color of the e92 in the3rd picture is soooo freakin hot..what color is that? i dont think its available to us here in the USA
Maybe moonstone? Anyone?
      09-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #60
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

A buyer wrote into Evo magazine having tried to buy a car from this Singapore M dealer. His review was very critical and said their general attitude and customer service was exceedingly poor! He used a dealer in a different country in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #61
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That 1M..

If I had to pick, I think I'd go with that color.
      09-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #62
Vicnumb7
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Didn't head of BMW M, Mr. No Dogma's state that the US is the largest M market...that is what he is referring to.
First consider the potential market in China of 3.1 billion people (roughly) compared to 311 million in the states (roughly). From a Business standpoint it is just smarter to invest in China. Coupled with the fact that places like Singapore and Hong Kong have a roughly 115% sales tax over invoice meaning the potential customers of these cars are LOADED = repeat business if satisfied
Retired - 2008 Audi B8 S5 Coupe
Retired - 2007 BMW E92 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #63
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicnumb7 View Post
First consider the potential market in China of 3.1 billion people (roughly) compared to 311 million in the states (roughly). From a Business standpoint it is just smarter to invest in China. Coupled with the fact that places like Singapore and Hong Kong have a roughly 115% sales tax over invoice meaning the potential customers of these cars are LOADED = repeat business if satisfied
Size of the population is hardly the key factor. Relative affluence among the people is more important. Lamborghini for example, targets Singapore as one of their key markets. They scored 50 orders for the Aventador in a private preview before it was even formally launch. In this regard, China, with it's large pool of sudden rich, is a very attractive market.

US is one huge market for sure, but less profitable per car compared to other regions. You guys are too spoilt on dirt cheap cars to be willing to be suckered into paying more. For that, i envy u guys
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #64
PWLMusic
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicnumb7 View Post
China has 1.3 Billion, not 3.1.

That would be scary
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #65
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Bring this to the States!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #66
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Me Like!!! I must see!!! More more more!!!
Appreciate 0