BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #23
f32458
Second Lieutenant
f32458's Avatar
12
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Santa Monica

iTrader: (0)

If I get the F1 or Full exhaust system.
1. It is quieter or near no exhaust note than stock while valve is closed? I can only hear M3's beautiful engine noise?
2. valve open, I loose torque/hp?
3. valve close, I gain torque/hp?
4. auto mode, it is quieter than than stock after reach certain RPM, It will get super loud like night and day difference?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
UsurbrainM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

I can only answer for the Full system.

1. Yes, there is a little hint of exhaust noise, and I mean little... you can easily miss it.
2. Probably gain some HP, lose TQ. Probably not noticeable. Getting rid of primary cats will give you more power.
3. probably gain TQ, and lose HP. Probably not noticeable. Getting rid of primary cats will give you more power.
4. Yes, if you hook it up (I haven't hooked it up because I don't want to tap the wire yet..)
__________________
2008 E90 AW
Exhaust: Innotech full system with magnaflow cats.
Exhaust video:
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
f32458
Second Lieutenant
f32458's Avatar
12
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Santa Monica

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsurbrainM3 View Post
I can only answer for the Full system.

1. Yes, there is a little hint of exhaust noise, and I mean little... you can easily miss it.
2. Probably gain some HP, lose TQ. Probably not noticeable. Getting rid of primary cats will give you more power.
3. probably gain TQ, and lose HP. Probably not noticeable. Getting rid of primary cats will give you more power.
4. Yes, if you hook it up (I haven't hooked it up because I don't want to tap the wire yet..)
Thanks! Great video you got there. Love the sound!
Is there any drone in the cabin?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #26
f32458
Second Lieutenant
f32458's Avatar
12
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Santa Monica

iTrader: (0)

I thought the full system doesn't have any cats?!
Does the remote control works flawless? I don't want to wake up the neighbors 3 am in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #27
UsurbrainM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

With the valve closed, no drone at all... I'm very sensitive to it because my 2 year old sleeps in the car. Open the valve, and there is drone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32458 View Post
Thanks! Great video you got there. Love the sound!
Is there any drone in the cabin?
__________________
2008 E90 AW
Exhaust: Innotech full system with magnaflow cats.
Exhaust video:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #28
UsurbrainM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Full system doesn't have cats. I had magnaflow HF cats installed. Hated the stink. Remote works flawlessly. You won't wake up the neighbors with the valve closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32458 View Post
I thought the full system doesn't have any cats?!
Does the remote control works flawless? I don't want to wake up the neighbors 3 am in the morning.
__________________
2008 E90 AW
Exhaust: Innotech full system with magnaflow cats.
Exhaust video:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #29
John@R
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: Ariel Atom 2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
The remote works great and the valves close/open very quickly. I personally love the smell, especially when running 100 octane!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #30
884487
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

^+1 remote and valves are work great. I have had electronic cuts before and the vacuum valve is superior. Opens very fast (1 sec? vs 5 secs for e cutout) and from what I have read the vacuum is superior in terms of reliabilty.
I think I am goign to find a spot to velcro the remote to a lower part of the dash. I wont carry it in my pocket and it is a bit of a pain to grab from ashtray and hit button.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
John@R
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: Ariel Atom 2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 884487 View Post
^+1 remote and valves are work great. I have had electronic cuts before and the vacuum valve is superior. Opens very fast (1 sec? vs 5 secs for e cutout) and from what I have read the vacuum is superior in terms of reliabilty.
I think I am goign to find a spot to velcro the remote to a lower part of the dash. I wont carry it in my pocket and it is a bit of a pain to grab from ashtray and hit button.
I keep mine on my car key and just plug in the key so it's easily accessible.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #32
baarii
Major
baarii's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,116
Posts

 
Drives: ..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I-66

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@RimierMotorSport View Post
I keep mine on my car key and just plug in the key so it's easily accessible.
I think i am going to use 3m double tape and place it somewhere on the steering (ofcourse not visable) So i can hit it without takin gmy hand off.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #33
prichards516
Lieutenant
prichards516's Avatar
No_Country
10
Rep
455
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3 zcp
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (2)

so if i get the F1 system with the cat bypass, then im at little to no risk of throwing a CEL, but if i get the primary cat deleted then im at a greater risk of the CEL?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #34
John@R
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: Ariel Atom 2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prichards516 View Post
so if i get the F1 system with the cat bypass, then im at little to no risk of throwing a CEL, but if i get the primary cat deleted then im at a greater risk of the CEL?
The cel fixes are located in the section 1 pipes on both the F1 and sport systems. Please feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST