BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

09-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
abizarvakharia

Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Nav and Auto zoom bug?

I think I found a bug in the GPS software (E93, built December 2010) and am wondering if anyone has found a fix?

Started a ~350 mile roadtrip on this weekend and entered and destination into the navigation and set the zoom to auto. I watched as the screen zoomed out to a 100 miles and displayed the car tracking along the route.

30 minutes into the drive the entire Connected Drive, rebooted!

It came back on-line and I "resumed guidance." 15 minutes later - it rebooted again & continued to reboot every ~10 minutes. I was trying all kinds of things to figure out what was going and finally switched the zoom to 50 miles. Bingo! The system stayed stable for the rest of the journey.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
WillC310
Lieutenant

Drives: A car

Wow, pretty weird. I doubt anything but a software update (or maybe even swapping HW) may fix that.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
BigHat
Lieutenant

Drives: '11 M3 E93

I'll play with mine and see if I can duplicate.

Generally speaking I'm unhappy with the Nav in this car. Yes, much faster than the disc system in my '07 650, but it dumps location every now and then. I look down to see it's not even close to where I am. IF I needed the nav at that point I'd be screwed.

Maybe time for some new software.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
abizarvakharia

Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

On the way back we broke the journey into two 175 mile trips. I repeated the navigation procedure (above) the system auto zoomed to 50 miles and stayed stable (i.e. No spontaneous reboots).

I'll call the dealer when i get home and see what they say, will keep this thread updated.
Appreciate 0