BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
MiamiM3
Private
United_States
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 AT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Here the best time I posted May 27, 2011 at PBIR.

MiamiM3 - 09 E90, FL - 1.938 - 108.56 - 12.871
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
Here the best time I posted May 27, 2011 at PBIR.

MiamiM3 - 09 E90, FL - 1.938 - 108.56 - 12.871
thank you!! Updated.
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
turbo8765
Lieutenant
6
Rep
564
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Is there a dedicated thread for launching techniques? If not, there should be.

Drew has posted some of the best drag runs, and I believe he uses burnout mode to launch. For a DCT car the best may be drag radials + burnout mode.

OEM tires will be tough. Is anyone other than Cptn Mo break tourquing it?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
MiamiM3
Private
United_States
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 AT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
thank you!! Updated.

Was the high 11 and low 12's achieved on drag radials or normal street radials? Were these times achieved with launch control? Launch techniques?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
M3DCTBT
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
368
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (2)

09 M3 DCT - OE/BT tune / rear muffler / filter / pulley / stock PS2 MDM mode - 1.986 / 60 ft 12.51 / 115.89
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #28
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
Was the high 11 and low 12's achieved on drag radials or normal street radials? Were these times achieved with launch control? Launch techniques?
yup they were with DR's, as far as launch control goes, i don't know who used it or not, but i did not use it at all, just to much of a risk to use it at the drag strip when the walls are only a few feet away from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DCTBT View Post
09 M3 DCT - OE/BT tune / rear muffler / filter / pulley / stock PS2 MDM mode - 1.986 / 60 ft 12.51 / 115.89
Added!! nice 60ft
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #29
MiamiM3
Private
United_States
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 AT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
yup they were with DR's, as far as launch control goes, i don't know who used it or not, but i did not use it at all, just to much of a risk to use it at the drag strip when the walls are only a few feet away from you.



Added!! nice 60ft


I noticed that your signature says you sold the M3, if you don't mind me asking why? What did you end up buying?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
I noticed that your signature says you sold the M3, if you don't mind me asking why? What did you end up buying?
yea bro, i sold it a few months back, im planning on buying my first house in the up-coming months. But after i get the house i've narrowed the choices down to a few cars, and will get what i can manage to afford at the time, plus ill be turning 25 in october and my 4 speeding tickets will all be coming off my insurance by fall, so i dont have to pay 3-400 a month for insurance anymore which should help out also.
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
akh23456's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,123
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philly

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.28]
2013 f10 M5  [0.00]
hey do you mind taking my last name down cptn mo 703 thanks.
__________________

F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #32
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akh23456 View Post
hey do you mind taking my last name down cptn mo 703 thanks.
i just used what was on dragtimes, but i changed it now!!
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
MiamiM3
Private
United_States
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E90 AT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
yea bro, i sold it a few months back, im planning on buying my first house in the up-coming months. But after i get the house i've narrowed the choices down to a few cars, and will get what i can manage to afford at the time, plus ill be turning 25 in october and my 4 speeding tickets will all be coming off my insurance by fall, so i dont have to pay 3-400 a month for insurance anymore which should help out also.
How did the 335I compare to the M3? I love the M3, just wish the gas mileage was better and I miss how easy it is to make power with FI. I wish the used GT-R prices would drop alot quicker.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #34
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM3 View Post
How did the 335I compare to the M3? I love the M3, just wish the gas mileage was better and I miss how easy it is to make power with FI. I wish the used GT-R prices would drop alot quicker.
my second 335i was pretty heavily modded and quick, i loved the instant torque, but as any former 335i owner would say that the headache's and trouble's aren't worth it. I will no longer ever buy a BMW with a n54 motor, just due to the fact that i was at the dealer almost every week with both of my 335i's. The gtr's are nice, not my type, but love seeing them on the road. They are keeping there value's and i dont think it will get any cheaper anytime soon since japan is still recovering with the earthquake. Some dealers around here have a 10k markup on there msrp's.
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
2000gsr's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

What tire pressure is everybody running on the rears? Around 25psi hot?
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44350&dateline=125013  4806
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #36
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
3,497
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Mo,

I hit a 11.30 @ 129.34, 1.97 60' @ Famoso Raceway, CA, with the ESS VT625 kit.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #37
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
updated
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #38
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
updated
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #39
E92_carbonm3
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
225
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Allentown, pa

iTrader: (3)

Goin to the strip today will post times and vids.. Any advice or tips, I been to the strip before but not with the e92..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #40
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
Cptn Mo 703's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,605
Posts

 
Drives: my feet
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_carbonm3 View Post
Goin to the strip today will post times and vids.. Any advice or tips, I been to the strip before but not with the e92..
How'd you do?
__________________
2008 Alpine White e93 335i- Sold
2009 Black Sap. Met. e93 335i- Sold
2010 Melbourne Red e92 M3- Sold
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST