BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Found What Made My Car REEK! [WOW WTF not for weak stomachs]

Guys,

An update to my previous post that was moved to a the "detail etc section"

I reposted it here because that section hardly gets any views and I want your input on what this is?!

Here is a picture I took with my iPhone:



Again, it smells like a dead fish, wet cat food etc.

NO, I never spilled anything, nor did anyone else (friends, GF etc) and I am the only one that drives the car so no one could have driven it and tried to cover it up... This just showed up! I noticed a slightly weird smell when I picked up my car from the transport but it has just gotten worse...

Looks to me like some kind of fungus or something... this picture is underneath the passenger seat.

Thanks for your help

P.S. mods please don't move this thread!

P.P.S I have been driving the car for about two weeks like this, could I have any potential health risks from breathing the air of this mold / fungus?

Last edited by Drew1204; 08-29-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
JonnyM3
Lieutenant
 
JonnyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: Moderately Quick
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 503
iTrader: (1)

Taste it, I dare you

But honestly thats fucking nasty, that couldn't just grow from nowhere.
JonnyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
 
PeteM6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 203
iTrader: (2)

Holly crap! That looks like road kill!
PeteM6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #4
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
Taste it, I dare you

But honestly thats fucking nasty, that couldn't just grow from nowhere.
I have NO idea where that came from, there is no food down there... ( no spilled fries, no nothing!)

Maybe when it was like 100+ degrees in the car carrier it sprouted?!?!?
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
you're car must be a pig sty if you didn't notice it for that long
No, not at all... I keep my car really clean and thats how I noticed the crazy weird smell as soon as I picked it up from the car transport.

I thought maybe it was just an oil type smell from being transported.

It seemed to be going away after a week, and was nearly not noticeable for a few days but then all of the sudden was absolutely DISGUSTING.

Finally decided to have a look around as I swore there was something dead in my car and that is what I found.
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #6
piloto
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 835
iTrader: (0)

Seems like some sort of animal snuck in at some point, likely during transport when someone had the door open, then was trapped in, had nowehere to go, died of suffocation and it rotted. Ouch. I'd have a chat with the transport company to see about possible compensation to get that thing cleaned, if it happened under the watch, perhaps to cover the detailing cost.
piloto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Seems like some sort of animal snuck in at some point, likely during transport when someone had the door open, then was trapped in, had nowehere to go, died of suffocation and it rotted. Ouch. I'd have a chat with the transport company to see about possible compensation to get that thing cleaned, if it happened under the watch, perhaps to cover the detailing cost.
I don't know what to do...

I am thinking about taking it to the dealership tomorrow at 8AM
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #8
JonnyM3
Lieutenant
 
JonnyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: Moderately Quick
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York

Posts: 503
iTrader: (1)

Get an enzyme cleaner, and move on. I'd rather clean that myself than the dealer. If you can't/don't want to clean it, bring it to a competent detailer.
JonnyM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #9
piloto
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 835
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
Get an enzyme cleaner, and move on. I'd rather clean that myself than the dealer. If you can't/don't want to clean it, bring it to a competent detailer.
But he should at least take it to the dealer as is first, so he can have a claim towards compensation. they're going to want to tackle it themselves mostly likely, and why not let them? But before they do, get an agreement that if the smell and stains still exist, you'll be asking for a new carpet installation free of charge. If the car was delivered that way to you, I don't see how it would be your fault.
piloto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
Get an enzyme cleaner, and move on. I'd rather clean that myself than the dealer. If you can't/don't want to clean it, bring it to a competent detailer.
I feel like id have to take the seat out as it has to be under there good... just wiping that up or spraying a mold / fungus / enzyme cleaner may not get it all.
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #11
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
But he should at least take it to the dealer as is first, so he can have a claim towards compensation. they're going to want to tackle it themselves mostly likely, and why not let them? But before they do, get an agreement that if the smell and stains still exist, you'll be asking for a new carpet installation free of charge. If the car was delivered that way to you, I don't see how it would be your fault.
Good idea. I don't know either...

When the transport picked up my car it was 100% FINE. 0 SMELL.

Fast forward the week it took to get from IL to AZ it smelled weird.

This was a high-end transport company though and I doubt they would spill anything, there was a Ferrari California in front of my car and a Porsche 911 above my car.

I also don't know how something like this can just sprout up / start growing. I keep my car spotless.

Maybe the conditions were right-- 100+ degrees or humid in my car during transport for a week?
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #12
piloto
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 835
iTrader: (0)

It looks like a rabbit to me, and perhaps the seat movement subsquent to its death mashed up the remains. I'm a bit confused though: did you buy the car and have the dealer ship it to you, or did you own it for a while in IL and then have it shipped to AZ? I assumed you purchased it and had the dealer ship it somehwere for you. If not, then I suppose your issue is with the transport company. Go to realOEM and see how much the carpet runs for, just for kicks. The install I'm sure will require removal of some interior bits, but I suspect they'd be minimal and not be the cause of rattles later on. Perhaps someone with more experience on removing and E9X carpet can comment.
piloto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #13
Drew1204
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
It looks like a rabbit to me, and perhaps the seat movement subsquent to its death mashed up the remains. I'm a bit confused though: did you buy the car and have the dealer ship it to you, or did you own it for a while in IL and then have it shipped to AZ? I assumed you purchased it and had the dealer ship it somehwere for you. If not, then I suppose your issue is with the transport company. Go to realOEM and see how much the carpet runs for, just for kicks. The install I'm sure will require removal of some interior bits, but I suspect they'd be minimal and not be the cause of rattles later on. Perhaps someone with more experience on removing and E9X carpet can comment.
I go to school in Arizona and drove the car home to Chicago for summer. So I needed to have it transported back to AZ, didn't drive it back because with it being a lease couldn't afford to put another 1800 miles...

Realoem is down
Drew1204 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 04:56 AM   #14
gemini330zhp
Major
 
gemini330zhp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BergenCo NewJersey

Posts: 1,181
iTrader: (0)

Take a sample for DNA analysis!!!!!
__________________
2008 Jet Black E90 M3 6SPD no sunroof and 18s to my specs


gemini330zhp is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #15
sameh
Major
 
sameh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC

Posts: 1,466
iTrader: (0)

Man just looking at the picture nauseates me, can't imagine being in the same car with THAT. Be happy it's a lease.
__________________
2011 E92 BatMobile JtBlk/Blk/Blk CF
sameh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #16
Reid
Burninating the peasants
 
Drives: F82 M4, K42 HP4, etc
Join Date: May 2008
Location: HI

Posts: 170
iTrader: (1)

That looks like a snake to me. Disgusting.
Reid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #17
luis_m3
Low Pro...
 
Drives: 2011 E90 AW
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 965
iTrader: (0)

Actually, that looks like the Chupacabra bro.
luis_m3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #18
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,599
iTrader: (1)

Wow, that's f-ing disgusting. Animal or vegetable? What say ye, experts?

It seems to me like it could possibly have resulted from someone in the logistics chain eating something and tossing the leftovers/remnants/husk/whatever under the seat (for god knows what reason).
__________________
-
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #19
Nelrock
Lieutenant
 
Nelrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oklahoma

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Bet some car transport dude is laughing his ass off at the prank he pulled on some punk BMW owner.
__________________

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Nelrock is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #20
Michaeljh2000
Second Lieutenant
 
Michaeljh2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3, 69 Vette, GSXR 1000
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

You should at least be able to tell whether its a dead animal or decaying food, right? I'd remove the seat and a have professional cleaning service have a go at it.
Michaeljh2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #21
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeljh2000 View Post
You should at least be able to tell whether its a dead animal or decaying food, right? I'd remove the seat and a have professional cleaning service have a go at it.
put on some latex gloves and a mask and inspect for bones - that will tell you if it's an animal, vegetable, or mineral.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #22
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

i win! told you it was under your passenger seat...

Anyways, the mold you see is from whatever the fuck that was decaying in your car, i doubt it was originally fungus
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
wtfbbq

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST