BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Roman@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Roman@ESS's Avatar
112
Rep
2,663
Posts


Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: AZ

iTrader: (5)

ESS Directflash now available for supercharger systems.

We are pleased to announce that Directflash is now compatible with our E9X M3 supercharger systems. Customers now have the option to remote tune our supercharger software eliminating the need to send us the ECU. Software updates via email and map switching are now an option. Customers who purchase our NA software can also use their Directflash unit if they upgrade to one of our supercharger system in the future.

Any questions please feel free to PM or email me direct.


Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
22
Rep
1,149
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

When will the direct flash be ready for the DCT?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
andrew@southernBM
andrew@southernBM's Avatar
Australia
34
Rep
1,467
Posts

Drives: 135i, M3 92 SC'd, M235i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
When will the direct flash be ready for the DCT?
The Direct Flash is for tuning the Engine ECU. It can be used on DCT cars but cannot reprogram the DCT control unit itself. When you have me install the Akrapovic exhaust, i can install the Akra ESS tune for you with the ESS Direct flash. Now that it can do Supercharged cars, we can use the same unit to install the new files required when the car is supercharged. I have stock ready and waiting for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Daft
Captain
Daft's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
912
Posts

Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3 & 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.88]
2003 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
We are pleased to announce that Directflash is now compatible with our E9X M3 supercharger systems. Customers now have the option to remote tune our supercharger software eliminating the need to send us the ECU. Software updates via email and map switching are now an option. Customers who purchase our NA software can also use their Directflash unit if they upgrade to one of our supercharger system in the future.

Any questions please feel free to PM or email me direct.
Oh man, I can't wait...
__________________

2011 M3 ZCP | ESS VT2-650 | AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION | 20" HRE P40 | BREMBO BBK | B&G SPRINGS
Future: M4 Competition Pack!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
NJBMWM3
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: e92 //M3 6speed
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

So say I buy a Direct Flash unit now with an NA tune then next year I buy a 535 SC kit. How does the price break down versus skipping the NA tune altogether and just getting the 535 kit?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
22
Rep
1,149
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
The Direct Flash is for tuning the Engine ECU. It can be used on DCT cars but cannot reprogram the DCT control unit itself. When you have me install the Akrapovic exhaust, i can install the Akra ESS tune for you with the ESS Direct flash. Now that it can do Supercharged cars, we can use the same unit to install the new files required when the car is supercharged. I have stock ready and waiting for you.
I had just seen that ess are working on something so u can flash the dct with this so everyone can do it not just ess. What ever give me the most power haha I just want it to be fast it feels like it's lacking in power right now
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Bob86GN
Private First Class
Bob86GN's Avatar
2
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan - ESS VT2-600
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worcester, PA

iTrader: (0)

I will tell you that I just used this to reflash my E90 and it worked flawlessly. Instructions are good (newer firmware makes them a little less than bulletproof) and the ESS and IND (thanks Ilia!) service is second to none. I ordered it on Friday, had it Monday. Spent Monday night reading the instructions, Pulled the program on Tuesday night and was driving the car tonight (Wednesday night). Literally, flawless. Well done ESS!
__________________
2009 ///M3 Sedan - Jet Black / Fox Red - IND/ESS VT2-600 - Eisenmann Race - Brembo
2007 Corvette Z06 - Atomic Orange / Ebony
2011 F-150 SuperCrew (Winter Transportation)
1986 Buick Grand National (10.8 @ 122mph)
1987 Buick Grand National (stock...for now)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
e92 M3
Captain
e92 M3's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tri-State

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86GN View Post
I will tell you that I just used this to reflash my E90 and it worked flawlessly. Instructions are good (newer firmware makes them a little less than bulletproof) and the ESS and IND (thanks Ilia!) service is second to none. I ordered it on Friday, had it Monday. Spent Monday night reading the instructions, Pulled the program on Tuesday night and was driving the car tonight (Wednesday night). Literally, flawless. Well done ESS!
Whoops, Bob, just sent you a PM before reading this post. I agree with you; the Directflash is worth every cent!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
GirlsGarage
First Lieutenant
GirlsGarage's Avatar
9
Rep
312
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AE

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
When will the direct flash be ready for the DCT?
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
Bob86GN
Private First Class
Bob86GN's Avatar
2
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan - ESS VT2-600
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worcester, PA

iTrader: (0)

Proof is in the pudding tomorrow. Retest of emissions at 0830
__________________
2009 ///M3 Sedan - Jet Black / Fox Red - IND/ESS VT2-600 - Eisenmann Race - Brembo
2007 Corvette Z06 - Atomic Orange / Ebony
2011 F-150 SuperCrew (Winter Transportation)
1986 Buick Grand National (10.8 @ 122mph)
1987 Buick Grand National (stock...for now)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST