BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Lux Angel Eyes

08-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #45
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 6|Ridge 1:54:61|Pacific 1:35:72

Drives: Race car->

sal logged in remotely to my laptop and was able to get the evolve tune loaded properly. now i just have to take it for a little drive and see how it is. thank you sal

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
      08-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #46
noty21
Private

Drives: M3 E90 Space Gray/Red DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
sal logged in remotely to my laptop and was able to get the evolve tune loaded properly. now i just have to take it for a little drive and see how it is. thank you sal

that's customer services!!!! What happen?? Something with the upload/download process?? human error?
      08-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #47
1MOREMOD

im not sure a combinaton of things i think. my computer was giving me a failure notice at the end of the install but he just bypassed that and said it was loaded okay. still in the car working on getting things right. they have been helpful. said something about giving me the first tuner protected tune. not sure what that is.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
      08-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #48
noty21
Private

Drives: M3 E90 Space Gray/Red DCT

Quote:
im not sure a combinaton of things i think. my computer was giving me a failure notice at the end of the install but he just bypassed that and said it was loaded okay. still in the car working on getting things right. they have been helpful. said something about giving me the first tuner protected tune. not sure what that is.
probably referring to not having to back date you file.

Hope everything works out!

I will post my setup and reviews when I'm done.
      08-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #49
1MOREMOD

just did a quick run around to see if things worked okay. feels much smoother in low rpms from what i can tell. butt dyno hasnt kicked in yet. sounds faster as it is louder but need to get back under the car and retighten the xpipe as it is making a weird sound like maybe hitting the heat sheilds at some points in the rev range.

08-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #50
1MOREMOD

weird sound from my pipe continues after all the messing around under there yesterday. its actually a leak at the connection between the center section and the axle back. the stock axle back has a little crimp in it where it sticks out a little due to the clamp crushing it i think same place on each side. im gonna try and rotate the clamp so it covers that area and see if that helps. took a drive to rtc meet today so got some seat time with the new evolve tune. feels smooth still unsure of the extra power as it sounds louder hard to say without before and after dyno work. at all cruising freeway speed the mpg is up slightly but down substantially around town. ah the downside of a tuned car.

08-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #51
Tim B.
Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

any updates? Strange, you seem to be the only one i've seen with a tune that doesn't feel any power increase

Quote:
weird sound from my pipe continues after all the messing around under there yesterday. its actually a leak at the connection between the center section and the axle back. the stock axle back has a little crimp in it where it sticks out a little due to the clamp crushing it i think same place on each side. im gonna try and rotate the clamp so it covers that area and see if that helps. took a drive to rtc meet today so got some seat time with the new evolve tune. feels smooth still unsure of the extra power as it sounds louder hard to say without before and after dyno work. at all cruising freeway speed the mpg is up slightly but down substantially around town. ah the downside of a tuned car.
      08-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
1MOREMOD

yeah have tried a second tune and it pulls harder in the upper rpm range for sure. it already did that with just the cat delete. just trying to be objective and not give an overly optimistic review until im sure. i feel like most people want it to be faster so they think it is like people who get a drop in filter and swear they fell all the extra power. its in their heads.

08-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #53
1sikbmr
Brigadier General

Drives: E90 M3 6MT

any vids?

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red
ESS VT1-550|Gloss black grilles/Gold gills|V1 hardwire|Filled reflectors|ZHP lighted shift knob|Volk TE37 Gloss Black|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 full blackout kit|Agency Power exhaust|Sosi x-pipe|BMW Performance Steering Wheel V1|
      08-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #54
1MOREMOD

No video. I can try with my camera but not probnably the best quality. Maybe this weekend.

08-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #55
1MOREMOD

just tried to do a cold start video then rev a little my camera made my car sound like a diesel truck. doesnt really sound like that so no video i guess.